Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy? >

Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there anything badder than a Nitro Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tdeal823
Truggy racing is fun. I raced Truggy for a year. But way to often it is a bunch of MT guys that think they can race and it just ruins it for the "Real Racers". I only drive buggy now.
Not to be a broken record here but....
If you think Rubbin' Is Racing.... Your a HACK!
+2
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you take the best lines and drive fast on carpet it should be the same way on the dirt unless you arent running against fast guys. carpet racing you dont worry as much about changing track conditions or ruts in jumps and corners...........
Old 11-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
hey i doent mind driving on dirt roads to get to the dirt track...
+2
Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
Don't get me wrong, finesse and precision have their place.....if you like crochet and needlepoint.
Truggy racing is for bashers who can't cut it as a buggy racer j/k I take it the new ride is treating you good, how do you like your new life out there?.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Truth be told, any r/c vehicle can be raced with skill and not be a demolition derby of sorts. Truggies too. It's all in the driver skill and race mentality.

Case in point: watch any A main at a national level event and you will see truggies under complete control and tight racing too. Not everyone has to hack their way around the track.

Also, the same "hack" style of slam racing exists in 1/8 buggy for the same reason: they are so powerful and easy to drive, it makes everyone think they are racers. Anyone can take a big powerful 4wd 1/8 and grab throttle.

It's the braking, turning, and the NOT grabbing throttle that they don't understand.

2wd vehicles teach you how to drive and how to race... anyone who thinks they are pretty good and have only raced 1/8 needs to try running 1/10 truck.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor

2wd vehicles teach you how to drive and how to race... anyone who thinks they are pretty good and have only raced 1/8 needs to try running 1/10 truck.
amen
Old 11-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Love how people always talk about 2wd lol, it doesn't teach you much since it is SOOOOO much different.

As far as other drivers plowing into others, no, that is not cool, nor is it racing. I don't agree with anyone just hoping to make it around the track; definitely not what I like to see. But the occasional banging into each other, and certainly hitting the track barriers happens, and that is where truggies show how tough they are. My favorite thing about them is the sheer power and force.

I used to race motorcycles way back when lol, was into sport compacts and muscle cars also. Now that I am older and can't afford the broken bones or speeding tickets, it is rc that gives me my little thrill of racing. Electric doesn't do it for me, need to hear the sound of an engine. I also had a 1/10 scale tc, was fun and helps with driving immensely. Driving a truggy afterwards, the response feels slow in comparison. But, the truggy just feels more real, the closest you can get to actual 1:1 racing.

FuelFlames: Good to hear from you. Just got my receiver back from spectrum, they replaced it with a new one free of charge. Getting a dynamite hard coated 086 pipe, since the track out here is way bigger. The mugen has been treating me very well lol. I will be back sometime after the new year to get some of the stuff I had to leave behind, and I will bring it with me. We will have to get together so I can show you the fast way around the track lol.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

i have a hpi 5b and they are ok. they dont do that well in the sand. and yes they dont have enough power. the top speed on flat road is about 35-40 mph
i think the car is not worth 1,000 dollors
matbe it is worth 600 max
Old 11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Suspended

Dave, here is the track I will be racing on:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_mR3UEPFI&feature=user

Not quite local lol, but neither is my work, 77 miles each way.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
.... anyone who thinks they are pretty good and have only raced 1/8, needs to try running 1/10 truck.
I try it ...... sucks.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmmm... is there anything badder? Maybe not... but driver skill makes a huge difference. I watched a Revo running with the truggies lay the smack down on them... of course it was one of the top pro drivers, but still.

I drive a buggy... but watching the Revos and Truggies I get a bad case of tire envy! All that traction, and the corrugated is just a speed bump if you get out of shape!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Suspended

Driver skill being equal, nothing is meaner than a truggy
Old 11-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tdeal823
Truggy racing is fun. I raced Truggy for a year. But way to often it is a bunch of MT guys that think they can race and it just ruins it for the "Real Racers". I only drive buggy now.
Not to be a broken record here but....
If you think Rubbin' Is Racing.... Your a HACK!
I didn't realize your track ran beginners and experts together. I wouldn't expect to run at the same time with pro drivers or the "real racers" as you put it. Or are you one of those with the pro driver attitude but without the pro driver skills?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

<<<<Pesident of Hack-ers Anonymous
Old 11-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I raced truggy for half a season and had a blast, but to really appreciate what a truggy can do, you need to watch Taylor James power his jammin CRT around the track. I was in awe of the precision in which he throws that truck around the track. If You have time to catch a local race in Pleasant hill missouri, just outside Kansas City, I suggest you make time. After that I went out and bought one! But then I sold it and got married. Now It's 1/8th buggy only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.