Wiki Posts
Search

ONCE YOU GO NITRO YOU NEVER GO BACK....LOL

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
Sounds like electric guys are afraid to get dirty when racing "offroad", don't have a team of friends to pit for them, play soccer, have asthma and will likely grow up to be accountants.
thats why there starting indoor off road carpet....i rather play in the dirt!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I prefer electric and I have friends who are the same. We all race off-road and we're not a buch of sissies like you make it sound. We're not afraid of dirt. As hard as it is for nitro guys to understand, some people just flat don't like nitro just like lots of people here hate electric. Different people like different things. Contrary to popular belief the sound and smell of a tiny engine doesn't get everybody excited.

Flame on!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

It's time for a hybrid a good old boy/sissie I mean a 1\8th scale brushless............
Old 08-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
Sounds like electric guys are afraid to get dirty when racing "offroad", don't have a team of friends to pit for them, play soccer, have asthma and will likely grow up to be accountants.
What an ignorant attitude. The majority of the fast gas guys ARE electric guys. Cav, Maifield, Drake, Truhe, Tebo, Halsey, Guest, Pavidis, etc. Some have changed their focus as gas racing has become popular, but they learned to drive with electric vehicles.

SkeeryJones-You obviously CANT drive a 2wd mod.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

The way I see it the hey day of offraod electric was much more like gas racing than it is today, In the early days, cars had to race 5min. (ifmar) on 1200 scr cells. Which means not only did motors have to be geared down, if you got out to a big lead then you had to conserve a little power. Similar to Gas and pits stops. Many people restrict there engines and such to get better mileage.

Also before its demise, people ran on WATERED tracks with step pins, There wasn't any soft tires that wear out in 5min. People run 1/8 scale now and tracks are generally watered although since all your electric crybaby pros started racing gas and there is more on the line we are seeing more 1/8 scale races being run with a dry track. buts its still not so bad because a set of knuckles will last thru a 45min main.

Electric racing became very expensive and prototype tires became common at large races and we had battery technology that far exceeds our usage and haven't changed our rules.

So the cycle begain electric offroad died out and everyone started racing the newly invented touring car class because it was cheaper at the time. Now electric touring car racing has gotten so expensive that 1/8 scale offraod seemed cheaper to race at the time, (about 5 years ago) Now 1/8 offroad is getting outragously expensive with $500 engines and blue groove tracks. I am sure you will see electric becoming much more popular when the powers that be stop fearing and start embracing the technology. There is no reason why every electric track in the country hasn't been racing at least 10min. mains. and 15 min. are possible if the people are willing to work with there vehicles to achieve run time instead of all out power.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket42
The way I see it the hey day of offraod electric was much more like gas racing than it is today, In the early days, cars had to race 5min. (ifmar) on 1200 scr cells. Which means not only did motors have to be geared down, if you got out to a big lead then you had to conserve a little power. Similar to Gas and pits stops. Many people restrict there engines and such to get better mileage.

Also before its demise, people ran on WATERED tracks with step pins, There wasn't any soft tires that wear out in 5min. People run 1/8 scale now and tracks are generally watered although since all your electric crybaby pros started racing gas and there is more on the line we are seeing more 1/8 scale races being run with a dry track. buts its still not so bad because a set of knuckles will last thru a 45min main.

Electric racing became very expensive and prototype tires became common at large races and we had battery technology that far exceeds our usage and haven't changed our rules.

So the cycle begain electric offroad died out and everyone started racing the newly invented touring car class because it was cheaper at the time. Now electric touring car racing has gotten so expensive that 1/8 scale offraod seemed cheaper to race at the time, (about 5 years ago) Now 1/8 offroad is getting outragously expensive with $500 engines and blue groove tracks. I am sure you will see electric becoming much more popular when the powers that be stop fearing and start embracing the technology. There is no reason why every electric track in the country hasn't been racing at least 10min. mains. and 15 min. are possible if the people are willing to work with there vehicles to achieve run time instead of all out power.

I for one would love to see electric got to 10 to 15 minute mains. This will bring the people back into electric. But I think we are a year or so away from this to be main stream.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
What an ignorant attitude. The majority of the fast gas guys ARE electric guys. Cav, Maifield, Drake, Truhe, Tebo, Halsey, Guest, Pavidis, etc. Some have changed their focus as gas racing has become popular, but they learned to drive with electric vehicles.

15 years ago all there was were electrics because Nitros had yet to come into their own. What choice did these guys have? I raced electrics back then, knew they were limited and knew I needed to go nitro when the technology was there. Well, it's here.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Where do you see electric as go it alone? In the pits, its just a different type of help. Having trouble soldering a joint, there is someone that solders better and faster and shows you the trick. Strategies and set-up relationships are exactly the same in electric.....have a look in the electric on-road forums, you might change your way of thinking.
Ok, Maybe you need some clarification. If things are to go the way they should, electric does not need more than one person to operate! That's unless your confused about which end of the soldering iron your supposed to use, then maybe you might need some help. Now Nitro, if things are to go the way they should, you need help to fuel , you need someone to hold your car for the drop, and finally you need him to pit for you if something should go wrong.

If I took your example, and applied it to every day life, that means taking a dump would now be a team effort. My wife had to buy the toilet paper, she also bought a plunger for when things go wrong. I should give her a high five from now on after every bathroom break!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

LMFAO!!!!! I hope my woman got some TP cuz I just S__t myself!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Ignorant's a pretty harsh word to toss around, I'm pretty sure that was Sarcasm! But I do totally agree that electric racing has helped me to become the racer I am today. I also think Racing nitro and electric will make you a much more rounded racer. I don't Have an electric buggy right now, but As soon as I'm rich, I'll pick it back up.

One last thing, I know you gas guys are gonna hate me for this, but I hate Nitro Monster trucks! It's like barely controlled Chaos, and marshalling for them is even worse. I have permanent ankle scars because of them, and they can never wait to be marshalled. They just spin their wheels untill they either flip over (which they then continue to spin their wheels) or wreck someone else.Ok, I'm done with that, I still love every other nitro class!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

ONCE YOU GO NITRO YOU NEVER GO BACK....LOL

Well I just bought an 1/8th scale, so we'll see. It will be cold out this winter.

I like them both. Yet in my opinion gas racing is more of a group effort.
It joins people closer do to the fact of tuning pitting and you can see guys doubling up on cars just to get them fueled and out faster.

Electric is more of a cut throat race. Each man for himself. You dont need a second man to run your kit. In the pits we all hang out, but in a 5 minute race you wont see many guys run around to get you back out like 1 hour main of gas racing.
Maybe in the future with lipos we will see more electric racing with pit stops.
10 minute runs and do a battery swap. Like an endurance race.

I'm still electric at heart. Its easier. And I'm lazy. Just had to get some nito going again after 5 years. So you guys will probably be seeing me post a rash of 1/8th scale Q's.
Later.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

you little arrogant prick. why arent you a 1/8 scale champion if its so "easy"

btw what 2wd mod race have you won?

shouldnt u be flaming on the d4 thread??? j-concepts losing too many sales??? dont cry baby. go try win with your rb5 u baby haha
Old 08-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SkeeryJones
you little arrogant prick. why arent you a 1/8 scale champion if its so "easy"

btw what 2wd mod race have you won?

shouldnt u be flaming on the d4 thread??? j-concepts losing too many sales??? dont cry baby. go try win with your rb5 u baby haha
Oh Man, them is fight'n words, you guys need to take this to the fighting thread I'm about to create just for you two!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Let's stop this right here ok?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Oh Man, them is fight'n words, you guys need to take this to the fighting thread I'm about to create just for you two!
Shhhh, Don't interrupt them.
This is better than the onroad electric threads.

There just playing right.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.