Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ONCE YOU GO NITRO YOU NEVER GO BACK....LOL

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had an electric buggy for about 6 weeks before I moved on to Nitro. The setup and all the tools needed for nitro is much more. It's more fun to see a nitro off-road fly rather than an electric one. I've not touched my electric buggy since I got into Nitro and electric car is now sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

I'll probably hand it over to my son when he's older.....

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
So is this true. Once you go nitro you never go back......to electric?

Are you addicted to the sound and smell?

Or would you ever try a brushless lipo set up 8th scale if it gave you more run time and a better linear feel.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
i tried electric and i hated it and will never buy another electric model again....

I second to that. I don't ever see myself going back to electric
Old 08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

One more thing, I think that racing Nitro has created better friendships at the track with the whole pit stop and working out strategies aspect. Electric is a go-it-alone type of racing.

I have to say my proudest moment from racing is my 2nd place finish in Truggy last year at the ROAR region 8 gas championships. I was a solid 2nd place only half a lap down to the leader 30 minutes into a 45minute A main, That's when my fuel line got cut in half by my spur gear. Luckily my pit guys were ready with Zip ties to hold my fuel line in place and pluged it back into my carb. I only fell a lap down to the leader and still had 3 laps over 3rd place. I was fly'n high and it was due mostly in part to my pit guys who rocked that day.

I also like trying to figure out a way to make fule mileage go as far as possible, because if your able to pit once in a 15 minute main rather than twice, you gain alot of time!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

xlgraphicspro, congrats buddy...ill never get to race at that level much less finish that well...
Old 08-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I started off road running 2wd buggy/2wd truck/nitro truck then the 1/8 bug bit me its a lot of fun and is a hard class to win at my track, and I like the competion in the class, but I still enjoy racing Electric off road and then when winter hits go run indoor carpet with my TC and 12 scale.

IF ONLY WE HAD A INDOOR OFF ROAD TRACK
Old 08-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
So is this true. Once you go nitro you never go back......to electric?

Are you addicted to the sound and smell?

Or would you ever try a brushless lipo set up 8th scale if it gave you more run time and a better linear feel.

......so true.....electric will play 2nd fiddle after running gas.........
Old 08-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
I started with electric about 20 years ago. Ran my first gas race last summer. Couldnt stand it. It's ok now, but I would rather race electric. Cleaner, smoother, more precise.
This tends to be how many former electric racers feel. They love the precise power delivery, smooth tracks, cleanliness, and more. For those of you who say that the former electric racers have problems keepings nitro going, well I'm sorry to say that couldn't be farther from the truth. The guy with the name "Mr. Rubber Gloves" didn't get it by never wrenching on his vehicle. It's the electric guys who will tear everything apart between qualifiers and their vehicles are always spotless. Their setup knowledge is among the best because their is no time in a 5 minute race to wait for someone to make a mistake to pass them. You need to have a better car.

For me it's been nitro for several years. I love having an actual engine, whether it's faster or not than an electric, it's still a fuel burning monster! It's not auto racing if there's not a warm up lap and pit stops and the roar of the engines!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

don't forget going offroad you never go back i ran nitro and electric onroad and after going offroad you will never see me run onroad again.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

i forgot to add i only ran electric for about 1 year not even.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I used to run electic oval when i was a kid(14-15). got out of the hobby but always wanted nitro. so now at 27 i was able to afford it. sure the sound,smell and speed is great, but the gas and mess is alot to deal with with kids around and time to tune and set-up nitro is comsuming, also breaking parts can be a pain in the arse. so with that said i got rid of my nitro truggy a month ago when the motor blew-up and im now only going to do electric oval again, so YES, ONCE YOU GO NITRO PEOPLE DO GO BACK TO ELECTIC!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I'm looking forward to the simplicity that electric offers for this winter. Charge,run,charge,run....
Old 08-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

The skill and the sounds got me. I did electric planes for years. I bet if you posted this thread in the electric off road forum it might go differently!
The guys up at the track I just started going to were running some nice electrics though. I am considering one but as said earlier, they kinda feel like toys no matter how fast they go.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Nelson
breaking parts can be a pain in the arse. so with that said i got rid of my nitro truggy a month ago when the motor blew-up and im now only going to do electric oval again, so YES, ONCE YOU GO NITRO PEOPLE DO GO BACK TO ELECTIC!!!!!!!!
That reminds me of one more thing I love about Nitro! I just keep thinking of more reasons why I love It so much, thanks Dave!

1/8th scales are so beefed up that it's hard to break one compared to something like a 4wheel drive offroad electric buggy, which used to be my favorite electric class.

Other than popping off a tie rod on my Losi 8ight, I have yet to break it. Before that my Xray XB8 never broke once, and same for my Jammin X1cr!

Even after a couple Gnarly accidents, I've been pleasantly suprised to drive away unscathed!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with you about going nitro with off road and on! I love my truggy and am addicted to racing truggy! My on roads this year, sad to say I have not pushed them hard. I ran my 1/8 on road in two races and my tenth at two races this year.. On the other hand, my pride of my fleet!! My evil over powered truggy has over 11 races this year!! No breakages!!! The thing is a tank with a transponder!!! I LOVE IT!!! meanwhile my electrics are collecting dust.....(sigh) Only bad thing about on road is buying tires.. But everything else about nitro is GREAT!!!!

Based on my observation... you might not agree but thats ok!

Lets face it, Nitro people love to get dirty, stinky and want to win by all means!! Electric is a more precise and delicate operation. Clean. BUT WHO WANTS TO BE CLEAN ALL THE TIME!!!???
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
That reminds me of one more thing I love about Nitro! I just keep thinking of more reasons why I love It so much, thanks Dave!

1/8th scales are so beefed up that it's hard to break one compared to something like a 4wheel drive offroad electric buggy, which used to be my favorite electric class.

Other than popping off a tie rod on my Losi 8ight, I have yet to break it. Before that my Xray XB8 never broke once, and same for my Jammin X1cr!

Even after a couple Gnarly accidents, I've been pleasantly suprised to drive away unscathed!

Ditto

I ran electric TC for a few years, all you have to do is tap a board and your fronts end is up under your shell. I've ran TTR, Jammin, CEN, Mugen and the worst accident I can think of is a bent shock shaft, but the car was still able to finish the main.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.