Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

I believe what he is saying is that the stock Pro Kit setup is basically good for all surfaces. Have you checked your RTR setup with one of these?

Pro Kit Setup:
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8...rake%20Std.pdf

Mike Truhe's Setup:
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8...-challenge.pdf
Old 12-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

whats up with that wing. Dont losi's run losi wings? it doesn't look like a losi withought there wing
Old 12-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Basically, my experience running 2wd gas, 2wd electric truck as well as 1:8 buggy, kit setups work ok, but are not optimized for the velcro like traction an indoor clay track provides.

Thanks for trying to help, but the Adam Drake setup has no track conditions other than 'outdoor', and the Truhe sheet is rough, dry and wet

When it comes down to it, I don't look forward to pulling out all three diff to swap fluid. I know I need to do this in place of the factory grease...but hoping to minimize this process.

Satoch...I see you visit this board. Do you have an 8T setup for LH?

regards-
Eric
Old 12-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Speaking about the wing on mine? It's not the stock wing... issue?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

o it just doesnt look much like a losi but the paint is crazy. i can't paint for crap
Old 12-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

It's made by Integy and was left over from my 8ight B. I liked the way it continued the curve around the rear wheels. Thanks for the comments on the paint... it was done by Looped Designs...
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

now that i see it it goes with the flow
Old 12-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
Air8, what kind of track do you run on?
Lots of tracks. Loamy, wet, dry, dusty, fluffy, outdoor, indoor, blue groove, clay, you name it. The only type of track I haven't run on is a grass track.

You might just PM Satoch cause I think his main track is LH in Joliet. It's an awesome indoor track. I believe there is an outdoor track there also. But my local track has indoor and outdoor too. It's great for when bad weather comes through.

When we have run on the high bite indoor track the only change I've made, aside from what I posted yesterday, was using the Panther Switch MT's. I think that's the name of them. That's all that I've changed. But I say experiment, learn the truck, take stuff off, clean it each weekend. That's the best way to learn what the truck wants. You could put a different pro setup on every single weekend and after six months of racing you'd still be in left field, wondering what changes do what. Just remember this is a hobby, and to have fun with it.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Is it worth spending a bit more money and getting the 8ight truggy rolling chassis over the 8ight truggy rtr for racing at club meets and a couple of state champs. What sort of motors, exhaust pipes run good in the truggies.

Stephen
Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm not sure how well the RTR does under racing every weekend. I have only seen a handfull of them running. But the people were new to racing, so it's not like they were out to win.

In my opinion the coated shock shafts, hinge pins, and steering pins might hold up longer than the RTR silver parts. But for someone like me I wouldn't notice much difference.

So the Roller might end up being a little more durable, but who knows by how much.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the info air8
Now I just have to decide whether to get the RTR or not.
Will a Mach 427 .27cc be ok in eight truggy or would it be better going out and buying a axe cobra .21cc engine.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by team losi guy
thanks for the info air8
Now I just have to decide whether to get the RTR or not.
Will a Mach 427 .27cc be ok in eight truggy or would it be better going out and buying a axe cobra .21cc engine.

the Mach 427 is great thats what comes in the rtr but your probaly better off getting a GO .21 5pt turbo or a GO .28 6pt

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16330

not a big fan of AXE myself maybe I just got a bad one

personally I'd go for the roller that way you can choose your servos engine etc from the start and not have to spend money upgrading things especially the steering servo

some of the rtr parts are a little "lighter" than the roller and you'll end up having to replace them

Adrian
Old 12-19-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Initiate

What are the go tech .21 7 port like
Old 12-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

I'm still in the process of breaking it in... but so far it feels strong....
Old 12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Once you are finshied breaking it in let us know how it performs.
Will they work in 30 + degrees c heat and still run fine.

Stephen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.