Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I pack my battery box full of tire foam so nothing moves.. also, if the servos are touching the chassis, space them up a bit.. problem solved.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well, yeah. Thanks. But I took it as there was harmonic vibration or something like that. And I would think all of them would suffer the same thing cause of the engine. IDK.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

I highly. highly doubt that is happening.. if that was the case then all cars would have that problem as there isn't anything different about the losi.. the only way vibration would cause this issue, is if the servos were touching the chassis and bouncing off of it. As for the battery, same thing.. if its insulated by a layer of foam tightly, then its fine.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

the battery dies from hitting the battery box boss and crushing the middle bottom cell if you are using a 3x2 hump pack. There are a few ways to fix this, you can grind down the box a few mm and put a floor in, like a plano box divider tab, or lexan, them add your padding. The boss dents the cell, causing it to fail early and ruin the pack. It takes a while, but based on your track and frequency of running, the hump pack with only the included foam will fail from the boss beating a dent into it.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

OK. Well I thought something else. But I've never seen this. My truck came with a piece of foam that I put in the battery box for the protection. So I've not seen this yet. Plus I use lipo so the bolt hole boss hasn't touched my battery. But I have seen what you are talking about with other people's 8's. I was just wondering cause on another thread someone said the 8-t was "fragile." That caught my attention quick. I believe these trucks are damn near bulletproof. My two DNFs with the truck were from a broke tie rod end and engine flame out. So I just wanted to find out. "IF' this thread is any indication of the durability/issues, I had to pull this up from page 4 on the forums. It was way back. There just seems to be so few issues with this truck. In fact, a friend of mine wants to switch to a 8T. He doesn't want to cause he is the type of person who likes to drive something different than what most people are using. But he keeps telling me he can't look past the durability and how the T always seems to finish, but if it doesn't finish it's not caused by the truck.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

my battery is surrounded by foam and I check it every day I drive and this is a non issue if you pack it right. I take a buggy tire foam and literally incase my battery in it.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post Durability fixes.....

Air8,
There are a couple of things you can do to make the vehicle more race bullet proof.
  1. Servos - Only use coreless versions that can be closed by a simple spring or rubber band.
  2. Use fuel tubing on the throttle linkage to compensate for when the chassis flexes and you are at full throttle.
  3. Space the servos up and get the rubber ear boots on.
  4. Take the servo saver and relocktight it after it is set.
  5. Throw the steering servo horn in the trash and get the Losi alum one.
  6. Capture the ends of the steering linkage.
  7. I suggest running the Kings Headz extended motor mount to protect your clutch bell and spur gear.
  8. Put a peice of thick lexan over the foam in your battery box to make a rigid floor.
  9. Surround the batt in foam so it wont move.
  10. Never run solid tabs between the cells on your batteries! They are a failure point. Go with old school braid and shoe goo. The battery will never come apart but it can flex if need be.
  11. Shoe goo the inserts into your shock tops. Ream out the insert so it rotates freely on the shock mount and apply grease between the mount and insert. Now your shock tops will not wear out.
  12. Go with the Losi alum servo saver top. The plasic will now wear on the alum as much and you will not have to service it all the time.
  13. Get a smaller switch than what comes with it. Those big switches go out all the time.
  14. I do not run switches because of this reason.

Hope this helps,
TEX
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

WOW..I must be close Tex, on your list the only things I haven't done are 8,10,11. The lexan floor is something new I've not heard of. I use lipo batteries. Also how long does the top shock inserts take to wear. I didn't notice that on my buggy this season. I did notice the lower shock ends had to be replaced a couple times. But I don't drive buggy as well as others so I expected more wear than others. LOL
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just picked up the Losi Adjustable Front Hinge Pin Brace W/Inserts , and was wondering what the Stock kickup is ? anyone know?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

If you're asking about the front end and Not the rear inner hinge pin brace. The front kick-up for the buggy and truggy is 20 degrees.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
If you're asking about the front end and Not the rear inner hinge pin brace. The front kick-up for the buggy and truggy is 20 degrees.
Yes , Front is what I was asking,,Front Hinge Pin brace. So 20deg's uh what would that be? It says> Front Brace allows Kick-Up adjustment from -2° to +2° from standard.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

that means you change the the kickup + or - minus 2 degrees from stock, 18deg to 22 deg of kickup
Old 10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

OK, so running the 0 deg inserts is the stock 20 deg kickup.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

That's a big 10-4. One day I'd like to make these adjustments. But for now I don't see the need. I feel pretty comfortable with the truck. Now the buggy will be the first one I try these blocks with. I think this is where I'd notice the change. With the truck it just rotates and goes every corner. When I make an adjustment, I usually change it right back. I'm still on the stock set up and it's working for me.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Inspecting my clutch shoes I found the wear to be significant. I have somewhere around 6-7 gallons on a set of KH 7075 shoes. So I'm very happy with the wear. The clutch springs now stick all the way through the shoe and about 1-1.5mm showing out the face of the shoes. LOL. I would say these lasted a lot longer than they should have. Clutch bell is still good. Routine cleaning has kept it in good shape. But time for new shoes, springs, and CB to be on the safeside. I wonder how much aluminum I'd have if I had kept the shavings somewhere. LOL>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.