Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

any tips on setting up a bump start for the truggy? i have a ofna box that only had a jammin top plate on it. after taking off the plate the truggy uses the intire top of the box.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Front Skid Plate

My Dace rear skidplate is doing a great job at protecting the rear of the chassis. I got a little tires of seeing the front getting chewed up. No one makes a front skid and I haven't heard of any plans to make one. I haven't ever seen a front skid for a 1/8 chassis at all,so I made my own. I found a scrap piece of aluminum laying around at 1.5mm thick. I'm not a very good fabricator,by any means,and just shaped it with a Dremel and some sandpaper. I'm gonna put it to the test at the track this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Losi Truggy-8t-front-skid1.jpg   Losi Truggy-8t-front-skid2.jpg   Losi Truggy-8t-front-skid3.jpg  
Old 05-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vones
setting up the brake clearance with 0.3 to 0.5 mm of play and you're good to go....make sure you adjust your end point for the throttle such that when you squeeze the throttle the carb opening is open to 90%..and you are able to pull the linkage by hand a further 1mm-2mm for flex...crank the servo saver spring a further 1mm from stock...if you hve problems pm me
My brakes came with some slop from the box, so never really checked. I set my throttle so it wouldn't pull the radio plate at full throttle. so far its a very solid truck
Old 05-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dido41
any tips on setting up a bump start for the truggy? i have a ofna box that only had a jammin top plate on it. after taking off the plate the truggy uses the intire top of the box.

Quoting my own post. Lol…

Ok, I made my own top plate from a jammin top plate I had for my buggy. I set the Truggy on the jammin top plate and outlined the plate to the truggy. I then took a dermal and removed the unneeded part of the plate so the truggy would rest in the top plate. I then centered the plate so it lined up to the flywheel and bolted it in. I had to shim up the starter box wheel 3/8 inch so it would bump the fly wheel. Problem solved.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

HUGH,

That looks great. Let us know what you think of it.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Ok i found a place that sells top plates for the truggy. it a place on ebay and here is the link

Top Plate 8ight T Starter Box Plate by Nevermiss
Old 05-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

will the radio tray from a 8ight-t fit in the 8ight buggy? and the same with the motor mounts?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, the radio tray and engine mounts are the same from the truggy to buggy.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

The more i drive mine, the more i love it. Today i run it at the track for the second time and now that i know how it runs, its easier to drive. the aggressive nature of the truck lets me relax while driving. I have never had a truck that fit so well with my driving style
Old 05-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

I took my truggy out for the first time to race, and it was great. It handled and drove like no other. This is my first truggy and I may never go back to buggies again. Some guys at the track say that driven a truggy you don’t sharpen up your driving skills. Lol.. I never had any skills with the buggy. I was all the time trying to keep it under control or finding a setup to the ever changing track conditions. And with the truggy I can relax and have more fun driving the race. It drove great from the first heat to the main with out haven to change the setup. I am sure I will have to change some things but for now I will leave it as is and just have fun.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Raced my 8IGHT-T for the first time yesterday in an RC Pro Series race. After practice Friday night, I decided to take a chance and go up in spring rate on all 4-corners to try to get the truck to jump a little better since there was one "Superman" style jump with a jump after it entering a turn. When I did this, the truck felt better except in low speed sections where I really needed to wait on the truck to cut left to right. Played around with shock position, ride height, and droop, but could never really get it to transition quite like I wanted to without making the rear end step out. I'm running the stock shock oil and diff oils and stock tires as well. The truck was best at the beginning of the day before the track really grooved up and dried out...in fact I was sitting 5th after the first round but could never back up that run later in the day. A lot of guys were running bowties, including the TQ and eventual winner. Could it all have been tire related?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Ive been driving a Buggy for awhile and decided to buy the truggy. First day out I won the main something Ive never done in the buggy. This thing fits me well. Stock setup is amazing on my track.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 8-t

If you are talking about the ohio race at medina I was there running an 8-t. I finished 2nd behind Lutz. The stock tires were no good there. I ran switch 2.0 with ofna orange foam and ran 1000wt oil in the rear diff, other than that truck was stock and hooked up great.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sracer
If you are talking about the ohio race at medina I was there running an 8-t. I finished 2nd behind Lutz. The stock tires were no good there. I ran switch 2.0 with ofna orange foam and ran 1000wt oil in the rear diff, other than that truck was stock and hooked up great.
I don't know if you were replying to me, but since there was an RC Pro Series race in Ohio I am going to make the assumption. The race I was referring to was in Lincoln, Il.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hi i want to get a losi 8 t but dont know what motor/pipe setup to run could u guys give some options plez my price ranges is like 3OO 4 motor and pipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.