Search
Like Tree9Likes

NEW!!! Arrma Nero 6S 1/8 Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chazekxt
I never get any thing from my local hobby shop anymore. cause the guy is a real d*** online only for me
Well that is no good. Too bad for him. Fortunately mine is top notch, and very helpful and very nice, and extremely fair. Point was, the price.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by werner sline
they beefed up the diff to handle 6s power with all locked diff : all locked diff is the worst case for the transmission

by the way, are the red transmission part really steel ? how come they are anodized ?
The anodized red parts are aluminum. I wonder how they will hold up with steel shafts going in the aluminum outer shafts. It's got to be better than the Traxxas plastic driveshafts. There's so many questions I have for this truck. I can't wait to hear some feedback from the first owners of the Nero.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm starting to consider it. Gotta sell something. Gotta stop adding. I'm expecting the $800 price to be real. Gonna check with hobby store, just to see what it's going for. Plus Illinois lovely sales tax.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

I feel simplicity is key in RC. They might just have too much going on here ... With the diffs and the added slipper and all that stuff. Just more weight to haul around ... more weight = more force at impact = more breakage

Plus, with their focus on aesthetic designs and everything, it may just become hard to work on ... Point being, simple is nice. Not sure if this is or not.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The slipper clutch and diff lockers are a trivial amount of weight compared to the weight of the chassis, motor, ESC, batteries, steel gears, and all those screws. If you removed the slipper clutch and diff lockers, including the servos that operate them, and weighed them separately, I bet they'd come out to a quarter of a pound max. That's not much on a 13 pound truck.

At the speeds this thing can reach, I suspect the rollcage frame and TVP chassis are there more for survivability than looks. Sure, they *also* look nice, but I doubt that's their primary purpose. A truck this heavy would destroy a flat-pan chassis and a non-reinforced Lexan body in no time.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
At the speeds this thing can reach, I suspect the rollcage frame and TVP chassis are there more for survivability than looks. Sure, they *also* look nice, but I doubt that's their primary purpose. A truck this heavy would destroy a flat-pan chassis and a non-reinforced Lexan body in no time.
For sure, it actually looks quite durable to me. One of the first RTR trucks I've seen in awhile that I wouldn't be afraid to push hard. The weight is really it's only downfall IMO, it weighs almost as much as my T Maxx does. And that truck has a 1/4" billet CNC chassis and bulks, Ofna Monster Pirate tires, and a .28. Still it just looks so different somehow, I'll have to visit my LHS and see it in person when they get them in.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
The slipper clutch and diff lockers are a trivial amount of weight compared to the weight of the chassis, motor, ESC, batteries, steel gears, and all those screws. If you removed the slipper clutch and diff lockers, including the servos that operate them, and weighed them separately, I bet they'd come out to a quarter of a pound max. That's not much on a 13 pound truck.

a flat pan chassis is far more durable then the TVP crap..

I sound like a broken record ! LOL

Last edited by Maximo; 05-25-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I'm starting to consider it. Gotta sell something. Gotta stop adding. I'm expecting the $800 price to be real. Gonna check with hobby store, just to see what it's going for. Plus Illinois lovely sales tax.
Bill your in Illinois, call hobby haven in Urbandale Iowa, ask for Dave or Sean, and see what they will be selling the Nero for. They will tell you, at least for a reference point. I bet they would ship to you if it's substantially cheaper than around you, who knows.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by trout74
Bill your in Illinois, call hobby haven in Urbandale Iowa, ask for Dave or Sean, and see what they will be selling the Nero for. They will tell you, at least for a reference point. I bet they would ship to you if it's substantially cheaper than around you, who knows.
Going to see what hobby store will give me for my Savage Flux and ERevo first. I might like the state tax, but I like my hobby store. I've got a couple others vehicles that I could add. Wouldn't take much for store to get them running.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Firm pricing

My lhs is selling the fully locked brain version of the Nero for $645 and the unlocked version for $590. Those prices are very reasonable. Also Kraton, updated version due June 10, for $399.

Trout
Old 05-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Those are all great prices.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Hey trout,
They would really sell for that. I know plus shipping. But I prefer to buy from a lhs. My 2 local lhs kinda bite.

I have been in torment between the kraton and an 8ight t e.
I really am liking losi.
But there are more adjustment on the 8ight than I care to make. So -
Enter the kraton. Hard to beat the smiles per dollar.
Now the nero. Interesting.
Not at 8 bills though.

Not sure. I think the kraton is still ahead.
Smiles per dollar.
You got a great lhs.
Wish I had one like that near me.
Wow.
I'm getting a headache.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 47yok
Hey trout,
They would really sell for that. I know plus shipping. But I prefer to buy from a lhs. My 2 local lhs kinda bite.

I have been in torment between the kraton and an 8ight t e.
I really am liking losi.
But there are more adjustment on the 8ight than I care to make. So -
Enter the kraton. Hard to beat the smiles per dollar.
Now the nero. Interesting.
Not at 8 bills though.

Not sure. I think the kraton is still ahead.
Smiles per dollar.
You got a great lhs.
Wish I had one like that near me.
Wow.
I'm getting a headache.
Yes I have an amazing family owned by same guy since the 80s. His boys run car department, they literally have millions of dollars in inventory. Drones, planes, trains, cars, boats, slot cars, metal detectors, kites, snap together kits, all have their own experts.

Price, they undercut the online retailers on price, even traxxas products. They don't advertise pricing, traxxas and most control price if you advertise the price. So they don't advertise price, so they can sell it for whatever they want. Those are the rules. They hope you buy product from them and keep coming back for parts, radios, batteries, nitro, etc. they have a track as well and race twice a week. They will definitely sell for that price, guaranteed. I'm sure they would ship to you, it says so on their web site. Www.hobbyhaven.com go check it out.

I ordered a Kraton just two days ago. At $399 it just makes economical sense over the Losi, and remember I used to own the losi, but it will be $1000 to get one built. If you want owners name and number pm me and I'll set you up.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

The Kraton is just a no-brainer by all accounts at 400 bucks.

(Maybe we shouldn't say things like that, lest they jack up the price on it to make the Nero more attractive..)
Old 05-26-2016, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hopefully this trucks takes off if for no other reason than that it's a similar length when compared to savage xl and body choices right now for anything that long are terrible. I'm not really a fan of the topkick proline body and HPI bodies are pretty much all out of stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.