NEW!!! Arrma Nero 6S 1/8 Monster Truck >

NEW!!! Arrma Nero 6S 1/8 Monster Truck

Like Tree9Likes

NEW!!! Arrma Nero 6S 1/8 Monster Truck

Old 05-23-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default NEW!!! Arrma Nero 6S 1/8 Monster Truck

This thing looks like its gonna be pretty awesome. Thoughts?

http://www.arrma-rc.com/nero/

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/arrma-nero...monster-truck/

https://youtu.be/rAeOtvPixRY?list=PL...S560KPPL5frXU5
Old 05-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looks like a nice truck, but I suspect the kraton is going to outperform it quite substantially ..I am not a huge fan of adding gimmicks to a offroad machine.........However with that being said I bet this thing sells really good ...
Old 05-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

That thing looks cooler with the body off than on..
Old 05-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks good , seems they have two versions one with and without the locking diffs and seems they will be selling em separately also .
from the looks of it seems to be solidly built, surprised with the kraton refresh coming they didn't add this to it maybe in ver 3 ?
Old 05-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

ARRMA has done great with the Kraton. Wonder if they're gonna' get a big head though and hope to sell this thing in a much higher price class.

The adjustable diff idea is neat - if it works. It really is stupid having to disassemble buggies and truggies and fiddle with diffs and oils trying to get it where you want.

Looks like a cool truck. Interesting how ARRMA have left mainstream companies like HPI, Traxxas, and Losi in the dust in the innovation dept. They're just going to have to keep the price sensible. (Sensible = low....)
Old 05-23-2016, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Interesting design, I'd buy it over the E-revo. No real upgrade-ability, but that might not be a problem. You seem kind of locked in with the motor size. Some of the plastics look thin on the A-arms.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bad ass! If you look through the entire site, it's a pretty amazing piece of machinery. Metal everywhere it should be, use of honeycomb for strength, easy access to diffs. Looks easy to work on, and tvp strength. It may not fly like a Kraton or Talion, but it sure is something to look at with the body off. And it can do so many things. Durango is a great company and I think it's great they are innovating. I may never buy one, but I'm glad it's out there. Way to do ARRMA!
Old 05-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
ARRMA has done great with the Kraton. Wonder if they're gonna' get a big head though and hope to sell this thing in a much higher price class.

The adjustable diff idea is neat - if it works. It really is stupid having to disassemble buggies and truggies and fiddle with diffs and oils trying to get it where you want.

Looks like a cool truck. Interesting how ARRMA have left mainstream companies like HPI, Traxxas, and Losi in the dust in the innovation dept. They're just going to have to keep the price sensible. (Sensible = low....)
$700 for the non-locking diffs and $800 for the locking diffs. Thats a tough one to swallow. Great idea and execution if it holds up to the abuse. If Arrma's almost legendary durability stays in this ones DNA, it should be a blast. In terms of innovation this is huge leap forward, even if it doesn't quite work out, its nice to see something completely different than anything else out there
Old 05-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imac6471 View Post
$700 for the non-locking diffs and $800 for the locking diffs. Thats a tough one to swallow. Great idea and execution if it holds up to the abuse. If Arrma's almost legendary durability stays in this ones DNA, it should be a blast. In terms of innovation this is huge leap forward, even if it doesn't quite work out, its nice to see something completely different than anything else out there
same here for that price I would just get the losi xxl2 e that's just me
Old 05-23-2016, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Traxxas Lawsuit in 3...2...1...

-This gives me a crush...

Glad they solved the E-Revos differentials wannabe's!!

billyg900 likes this.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Interesting design. Seems like it will be a beast to work on though.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
Traxxas Lawsuit in 3...2...1...

-This gives me a crush...

Glad they solved the E-Revos differentials wannabe's!!

No lawsuit problem I can see, if your referring to the shock design. Lay down shocks have had that design in formula 1 racing for decades. Traxxas doesn't own that design. They don't own locking diffs either. I'm sure they cleared it with legal long ago. For the amount of quality driveline components, diffs, and aluminum, I think the price s very reasonable compared to the price of plastic on traxxas erevos.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NitroSport85 View Post
Interesting design. Seems like it will be a beast to work on though.
Actually 4 screws to access front and rear diffs. Shocks are on top, and center diff and transmission come clean out of the bottom. Looks like. Dream to work on from the pictures on the web site. Time will tell though.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trout74 View Post
For the amount of quality driveline components, diffs, and aluminum, I think the price s very reasonable compared to the price of plastic on traxxas erevos.
+1

This makes an E-Revo look like a New Bright RC from ToysRus.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Very innovative design. More info is here - http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2016...a-nero-review/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.