Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
St. Peter - Mankato Area: Indoor Off-Road Racing >

St. Peter - Mankato Area: Indoor Off-Road Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Peter - Mankato Area: Indoor Off-Road Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

KEYC says they'll try again this weekend. Comb your hair - you may make the evening news!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Nice!

What's the plan for Easter weekend? Maybe racing on Saturday instead?
Old 03-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Default Easter Weekend

Originally Posted by johnnyshore
Nice!

What's the plan for Easter weekend? Maybe racing on Saturday instead?
I'm up for that as long as we get a commitment from a reasonable number of racers. I'd have to make sure nothing else is schedule at the Center but my bet is it will be empty.

Made it to the track today and made a couple of minor changes . . . should be enjoyable.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default B5M Set Up Sheet

I did my best to set up my B5M to Johnny's sheet and took the buggy for a spin today to test the changes and the track modifications. It felt more solid and more predictable - I didn't have rear white springs so put grey on instead. I have the white now and will try them Sunday.

One concern - the new Schumacher cut stagger yellow fronts I got seem much softer than the previous set. I DID NOT put foam inserts in per the set up sheet and the tires look "under inflated" if you know what I mean. They ran well but I'm curious -what's the thought on no inserts? Didn't have them or excluded them for a handling advantage? I have 3 sets of cut staggers in various configurations to try so I'm not in a pinch or anything.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Which cut staggers did you mount up? The low profile ones, or the slim, taller ones? I have the slim versions, and I mounted then on full width rims with AKA red foams. Without the foams, they'd definitely have a dip in the center of the tire if mounted wide like mine.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would definitely be up for Saturday racing on Easter weekend if possible.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyshore
Which cut staggers did you mount up? The low profile ones, or the slim, taller ones? I have the slim versions, and I mounted then on full width rims with AKA red foams. Without the foams, they'd definitely have a dip in the center of the tire if mounted wide like mine.
I mounted them wide and should have put foam in them. I probably misread the setup sheet. I did mount one pair narrow on the rims a few weeks back and chucked them up in the drill press and cut away the inside rib of the rim. My driving isn't solid enough for to tell if it was better than stretching them.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

The setup sheet actually calls for non-cut Stagger Ribs...

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/schumac...62288?v=170812

They have a funky bead on them that leaves no choice but to mount them on a narrowed set of rims (without foams). They're less aggressive than cut staggers, which made the car easier to drive with slightly worn Mini Pins in the rear.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

I have a team durango dex 410v3 that i have bought as a roller. My problem is that i have klikking sound in my slipperclutch, when i only use rear diff the sound is not there but when i use 4wd or only front diff is in use then i get that klikking sound. Can anybody tell me whats wrong?
Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rogerosmark@gma
I have a team durango dex 410v3 that i have bought as a roller. My problem is that i have klikking sound in my slipperclutch, when i only use rear diff the sound is not there but when i use 4wd or only front diff is in use then i get that klikking sound. Can anybody tell me whats wrong?
the diff case in the front could be to tight and slightly binding the gears. I can check it out for ya tomorrow if your there. I use to run the v3 Buggy quite a bit and it was one of the loudest 4wd I have owned. The center axials have an odd angle when they go into the diffs that I believe make the axel Rattle more in the center spur outdrives.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Let's Race next Saturday! Shall we do an earlier start so you can have more of your Saturday and Saturday night?

How does an 11:00 a.m. start time sound?
Old 03-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rusty_at_SPRCRP
Let's Race next Saturday! Shall we do an earlier start so you can have more of your Saturday and Saturday night?

Awesome!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rusty_at_SPRCRP

I should be able to!
Old 03-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Cole and I are in for Saturday
Old 03-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I should be able to make it on Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.