R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/minnesota-north-south-dakota-racing-30/)
-   -   St. Peter - Mankato Area: Indoor Off-Road Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/minnesota-north-south-dakota-racing/860576-st-peter-mankato-area-indoor-off-road-racing.html)

Rusty_at_SPRCRP 02-02-2015 10:15 AM

St. Peter - Mankato Area: Indoor Off-Road Racing

We're racing again!

We've secured the Caledonia Community Center (Mankato Curling Club) for Feb - April. See address below.

Sundays: Doors Open at Noon; Racing at 1:30; 3 Heats and a Main.

Wednesdays: Tentative - need to confirm adequate interest. Chime in if you want to race Wednesday nights too.

Electric Offroad Jumps and Bumps on Indoor/Outdoor Carpeting

Pit tables and chair provided - bring an extension cord.

Contact Rusty at [email protected] for details or text 507 Four Six Nine 4222.

Address:

600 Hope Street
Mankato, MN 56001

Rusty_at_SPRCRP 02-02-2015 10:35 AM

Trackmate Lap Counting System will be in Use

Don't forget to dig out your IR Transponders as we'll be using the Trackmate system again.

I have 10 new transponders on order. They cost me about $30 each - so expect to pay $30 each as I won't mark these up.

rohlk131 02-02-2015 12:46 PM

this is great news!

xxx-ntad2 racer 02-02-2015 05:38 PM

taking a poll of what classes people plan on running? stock buggy and open sc seemed to be good this past summer, but id like to see some 4wd buggy and 4wd SC. i know i can run both and my dad would probably run 4wd buggy as well, wyatt would also as well.

johnnyshore 02-03-2015 07:24 AM

I'm sure I could round up 4-5 stock buggy guys for some Sunday racing...

Mike L. 02-03-2015 10:53 AM

Where can i find details on class rules?

St. Peter Greg 02-03-2015 01:48 PM

I can race the following classes:

Slash
Stock Buggy
Open SCT
I have a very old 4wd buggy I could potentially run if we really want a 4wd class.

Mike L
We should have a class rules document but at this point I don't think we do. I think the general idea is that we follow the same rules used at MMR. What do you have that you would be interested in running? Rusty, if you want I could put a class rules sheet together.

Holmberg418 02-03-2015 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty_at_SPRCRP (Post 13822397)
Don't forget to dig out your IR Transponders as we'll be using the Trackmate system again.

I have 10 new transponders on order. They cost me about $30 each - so expect to pay $30 each as I won't mark these up.

What do you mean ir transponders? Will only those transponders work? Or will mylap or amb transponders work?

johnnyshore 02-03-2015 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Holmberg418 (Post 13825354)
What do you mean ir transponders? Will only those transponders work? Or will mylap or amb transponders work?

AMB/MyLaps will not work on their system. The system they use is an infrared/line of sight type transponder system.

rohlk131 02-04-2015 12:47 AM

The infra red system worked out pretty well last year. Most people just mounted them on their servo because it needs a clear line of sight (front window) to register. About the same size as the older amb transponder that has the tabs on it, but cost alot less

Rusty_at_SPRCRP 02-04-2015 07:36 AM

We've almost got enough for carpet . . . entry fees, start-up funding, etc.

I have $800 committed so far and need another $400 to $600 to fund the rest of our start-up.

The cost to race will be $15 per racer and $5 for each additional family member (direct family members living in same household some portion of time). $5 from each racer goes to the Curling Club - remainder goes to funding racing costs (jumps, bumps, barriers, etc.).

For each $100 you put up to finance our start-up costs you'll get 11 entry-fee certificates each worth $10 (10% return on your investment!). Put up $200 and get 22 $10 entry fee certificates. When you race, you'll race for $5 (the fee that goes to the Curling Club). Certificates will be good for two years and transfer to our summer racing venue wherever that ends up.

I need a check, cash or Menards gift card to me by Friday evening if you want to help fund the start-up.

Rusty_at_SPRCRP 02-04-2015 07:42 AM

Classes and Class Rules

We copy MMR rules to the best of our ability. We'll post those here shortly.

Expect good numbers for Novice (run what you brung); 2wd Stock Buggy; 2wd Short Course Truck and Slash classes. We need two for a class and may combine classes as needed.

Expect 3 heats and a main on Sundays and 2 heats and a main on Wednesdays.

I'll be working on opening it up for practice and tuning on other dates - stay tuned.

Many of us would appreciate tips on tires for this type of turf . . .

I'd like to discuss forming a club with the racers present on Sunday. Is this the best plan or not?

And finally, thanks for the encouragement and excitement from so many of you - it really helps motivate me to make this work!

St. Peter Greg 02-04-2015 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by rohlk131 (Post 13826422)
The infra red system worked out pretty well last year. Most people just mounted them on their servo because it needs a clear line of sight (front window) to register. About the same size as the older amb transponder that has the tabs on it, but cost alot less

You will want to bring some adhesive backed Velcro or double sided tape to mount your transponder.

If you aren't familiar with the IR system, the sensor bar is above the track and you need a clear line of site from your transponder up to the sensor bar. Unpainted windows seemed to work fine or just mount it on the top of the body where it won't get knocked off.

St. Peter Greg 02-04-2015 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty_at_SPRCRP (Post 13826872)

I need a check, cash or Menards gift card to me by Friday evening if you want to help fund the start-up.

How would you like us to get this to you?

Checks made out to Rusty or SPRCRP?

xxx-ntad2 racer 02-04-2015 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty_at_SPRCRP (Post 13826890)
We copy MMR rules to the best of our ability. We'll post those here shortly.

Expect good numbers for Novice (run what you brung); 2wd Stock Buggy; 2wd Short Course Truck and Slash classes. We need two for a class and may combine classes as needed.

Expect 3 heats and a main on Sundays and 2 heats and a main on Wednesdays.

I'll be working on opening it up for practice and tuning on other dates - stay tuned.

Many of us would appreciate tips on tires for this type of turf . . .

I'd like to discuss forming a club with the racers present on Sunday. Is this the best plan or not?

And finally, thanks for the encouragement and excitement from so many of you - it really helps motivate me to make this work!

Tires for buggy -
for turf like mmr, there's really 3 that stand out for the rear,
1. Schumacher mini pins
2. Dboots nano or tera bites
3. Proline pin points.

front tires -
1. Dboot blockpass
2. Schumacher stagger rib

Tires for sc -
Same as buggy per say for rears, but a couple options -
1. Schumacher mini pins
2. Schumacher mini spike
3. Dboots nano or terra bites

Fronts for sc -
It's a preference really, some guys like to take a pin tire and cut out the end rows to prevent traction roll, others like to find a dirt tire like snipers, holeshots, or barcodes and have more of a push but helps with the prevent of traction roll.