Wiki Posts
Search

Love Big Races-but too Long!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Love Big Races-but too Long!!

Since everyone whos anyone is here on RCTech-I wanted to toss open an idea for shortening the big races to 3 days. Its just getting harder and harder to make 2 or 3 or 4 big races a year. It not only costs a lot, but theres lost vacation time and for me-its about finances and family!! I just dont want to be gone that long and an extra day at a race is a $300 no matter how you slice and dice it. Between lost wages or vaca time, theres another day in the hotel, food, tires, brushes, busted parts and the list goes on and on.

Anyone else feel the same?

I think anyone who complains they need the practice to get dialed in-I say whatever. Everyone has as few laps on a layout as everyone else-so it doesnt matter.

Ray
Old 11-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

ditto
Old 11-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

I agree... I would have loved to have raced in Cleveland this past weekend. I wasn't able to take 4 days off of grade 12 school. Plus if I was to take work with me, I know I'd be having too much fun and wouldn't do it anyways lol

In the way I disagree with it is, with all the people (496???) we'd only get to go on the track 2x to setup our car and learn the layout. Which can kind of be difficult to do at times.

Anyways, thats just how I feel... might add something else later.
Aaron
Old 11-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Champs used to be from Thursday to Sunday-4 days. I can live with that, but its now 5 and its a killer. I hate Wednesday practice!!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Since everyone whos anyone is here on RCTech-I wanted to toss open an idea for shortening the big races to 3 days. Its just getting harder and harder to make 2 or 3 or 4 big races a year. It not only costs a lot, but theres lost vacation time and for me-its about finances and family!! I just dont want to be gone that long and an extra day at a race is a $300 no matter how you slice and dice it. Between lost wages or vaca time, theres another day in the hotel, food, tires, brushes, busted parts and the list goes on and on.

Anyone else feel the same?

I think anyone who complains they need the practice to get dialed in-I say whatever. Everyone has as few laps on a layout as everyone else-so it doesnt matter.

Ray
Totally agree and I think the Reedy Race is the perfect race (schedule wise)!!!! No open practice...You run controlled practice, you qualify, you race and 99% of the time everyone finishes in the same order as if there was 3 days of open practice!

If you look at all the large european races they are mostly 3-day events (Fri-Sun)
Old 11-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

cleveland doesn't have open practice either.....all controlled, they just have two days of it....

Later EddieO
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EddieO
cleveland doesn't have open practice either.....all controlled, they just have two days of it....

Later EddieO
Sup Eddie...Congrats on Cleveland! Yeah, I know that, but Cleveland wasn't mentioned when I began typing...Hunt and peck method
Old 11-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with the above mentioned, big races burn me out. I don't think they show potential of some drivers actual abilities(like my own). It reflects on me in many ways that I can't describe, I think. They are not as fun and too long in between runs. I think it was posted before on another thread that on track time compared to how long at the track was rediculous.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

On Sunday, if you get to the track at 8am and leave at 6pm, then you just spent 10 hours to drive your car for 5 minutes.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
On Sunday, if you get to the track at 8am and leave at 6pm, then you just spent 10 hours to drive your car for 5 minutes.
That is one thing I truly miss about nitro racing...WAY more track time and you always have a chance to move up on main day
Old 11-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think one problem is that everyone wants to host a "big" race and everyone wants to attend one. There are too many events competing/conflicting with each other for attendance/participation; most racers have limited time and resources. I also agree with Paul and Don...The Reedy Race has an ideal format, IMO. CONTROLLED PRACTICE only! ROAR should adopt this policy for it's national events and I know many are in agreement with me on that!!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree with Don Paul and Jay. But the Reedy Race has one thing that those big races has. Limited entry.
I think that if they would limit the total entries...
I mean lets be real. How many of these people can hang in the top 50-60 in the nation. If this were an actual sport you would have to qualify for Nationals not just pay your entry.
I say top 75 of each classes. Actually have a Regional than take the top 8 from each region for each class and call it quits.
That way you have 8 heats of each class and then three days is enough for Nationals....same goes for the Worlds top 75 from each region...North America, Asia, Europe, South America and on...
Now granted I am not top 30 in my region but I know it.
Now for those fun races...I.E. Reedy, KO, Novak, Champs, Snowbirds and on...
Limit it to 350 entries.
Factory guys get only 19T and MOD no Stock so guys who can not compete at that level will have a chance at glory...LOL
But it will never happen because of one really big reason..$$$$$ track owners and race promoters want it...
Now lets just say Scotty did it right at the IIC ran the tightest race schedule ever.
If the other tracks could duplicate that show then bump up the entry limit.
There should be some end to the madness.
OK RANT OVER.....
-Shookie <><
Old 11-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ditto- the bang for the buck is never there. If entries aren't limited then set up two tracks if possible. Todays radio gear can handle it.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Limited entry.
to me, a big race is defined by talent, not enrollment.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seaball
to me, a big race is defined by talent, not enrollment.
I agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.