Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
10 minutes per shock! That is crazy. I can clean and bleed all 4 TRF shocks in 10 minutes. And spend the other 30 minutes telling you how bad Xray shocks are.
Ah. But I can spend 10 minutes going through four different dampening front/rear combinations to fine tune the cars responsiveness, while you change several other suspension options to do the same and end up changing more than just the responsiveness (unless you actually rebuild the shocks four times with different oil or pistons).

Don't get your knickers in a twist...
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speaking of the mighty T2... i have one with a few miles on it... in excellent shape... seen carpet for only a few months... anyone interested in a spare car send me a PM... i aint sellin it dirt cheap... but im not askin for blood either. Its stock, except for the aluminum shock bodies. I never broke anything, so i have no additional spare parts... just what comes in the box new.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Oscar Callgard
Pics on T2 with TRF or Serpent shocks would be nice!!
Heres mine, camera is on my phone couldnt be bothered to find my proper one and get all the gear out for it

I used Tamiya blue balls on the top which screw on and the standard xray fittings on the bottom with the xray shock collars. Work a treat and last longer than the Xray ones between rebuilds.
Although I didnt have any complaints about them (the standard xray shock) really, they just take a little longer to build and dont look as bling

Old 09-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
Ah. But I can spend 10 minutes going through four different dampening front/rear combinations to fine tune the cars responsiveness, while you change several other suspension options to do the same and end up changing more than just the responsiveness (unless you actually rebuild the shocks four times with different oil or pistons).

Don't get your knickers in a twist...
Once your in the ball park on dampening it is all spring and roll center adjustments.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does the T2 require a low profile servo?

Thanks
Old 09-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

No it doesn't. But for some, its just looks better to not have the servo extend past the chassis. Eventhough it is minimal about 5mm max.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
No it doesn't. But for some, its just looks better to not have the servo extend past the chassis. Eventhough it is minimal about 5mm max.
Okay - otherwise - not enough overhang to wipe out the servo, correct?

Also, how are Futaba servos comapred to other brands such as KO PROPO and JR?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dane

Well each has there high end stuff,
As far as the Low Profile servo's go, I just have been running the new KO Low Profile and it is fast enough for TC for sure plus with my transponder attached to the bottom of it, it hangs over the chassis by like 2mm.
It really helps balance the T2 as well.
With a 4200mah and the low profile servo with transponder attached the car is perfect balanced side to side. Harder to do with full sized servo...
Hope that helps,
But if you are brand loyal to a servo than just go for something fast for a TC.
-Shookie <><
Old 09-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Initiate

My son has a t2 which is set up the same as the rubber on carpet settings except he is running a diff not one way. The track he has been running on is medium grip. the set up sheet tells you to run 3 degrees of rear toe and car looked to handle well. My question is has any one tried less toe and had any good results, because I reduced it to 1 degree and car seemed to be a bit quicker even though none of the racer's set up sheets used this little toe.Would it have to do with us not running one way.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cody1
My son has a t2 which is set up the same as the rubber on carpet settings except he is running a diff not one way. The track he has been running on is medium grip. the set up sheet tells you to run 3 degrees of rear toe and car looked to handle well. My question is has any one tried less toe and had any good results, because I reduced it to 1 degree and car seemed to be a bit quicker even though none of the racer's set up sheets used this little toe.Would it have to do with us not running one way.
Probably...a front diff setup will tend to make a car act a bit more "settled" compared to a one-way setup, so reducing the toe did not have negative effects on the car's handling.
Installing a one-way up front will turn the car into a completely different animal. If your son is new to driving, you may be better off leaving the front diff in the car as he learns to drive.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dane

I ran the Futaba servo for a couple of seasons and it was awesome. Very smooth servo. I decided to give the KO a try and I prefer the more "edgy" feel that it gives. If your driving style is erratic, try the futaba. It will help calm you down. Otherwise, I think the KO is the nicer of the two.

As far as the shock debate. I hate plastic shocks. I just feel like I got ripped off when they are in the kit. I've learned to deal with them and haven't had any more problems than I did with other brands. (haven't tried Tamiya yet) When I build them, I fill the shock up and cycle the piston to get the air out. Then I push the bladder down with a blunt object to push out any extra oil. Screw the cap on and they work great. I got rid of the adjustable pistons because they were catching on the bottom of the shock and not allowing the shock to fully extend. Just my own peace of mind.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Those Tamiya shocks look nice.

Originally Posted by berger
Heres mine, camera is on my phone couldnt be bothered to find my proper one and get all the gear out for it

I used Tamiya blue balls on the top which screw on and the standard xray fittings on the bottom with the xray shock collars. Work a treat and last longer than the Xray ones between rebuilds.
Although I didnt have any complaints about them (the standard xray shock) really, they just take a little longer to build and dont look as bling

I liked the Losi shocks but they are harder to fit on the T2. I had them mounted on my 05 and they worked nice. I wish Xray would make a nice aluminum shock body. Anyone know if Tamiya shock mounts work with a Losi shock ends?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

hi

i use the longer lower shock mount on the rear of my t2 with the trf shocks as they give you a wider range of droop back also the piston sits more into the shock body and not at the bottom which i feel is better.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, can you please tell me how i could fit my TRF shocks on the T2? Do i have to use Tamiya pivot balls?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oracle
Hi, can you please tell me how i could fit my TRF shocks on the T2? Do i have to use Tamiya pivot balls?
Use the long shock ends. And I use Pro4 for the upper mount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.