Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Fog
I just received my Ali hubs and knuckles.

Can't see why Xray uses 9x5mm bearings instead of 10x5mm. Rather inconciderate engineering , or what ??

Jacko
the smaller bearings are to allow the use of a plastic insert for the bearings to ride in while still maintaining the low profile of the plastic parts
Old 03-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soul Food
I need opinions on aluminus steering block front and rear.... I know they like kool, but are they good for racing???
The rear hubs are a must have! No more shimming to get the correct toe in. I can't use my ceramic 10X5 bearings but the 9X5's that come with the hubs work very well!

If you must use the stock plastic ones, put a set screw in the hole (top of the rear hub) that you do not use. This will make it very strong, but just go buy the aluminium ones! They are great!
Old 03-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default This car rules

I would just like to say that I love my T2 . It sat in the box for 6 weeks before the birds(drove the 05). I put it on the track and it felt good but now I have this car dialed. I just took stock and 19T TQ and won stock. This car kicks ass.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

where can i buy the T2 alumn hubs/parts online? (with international shipping)

*sigh*
Old 03-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James
where can i buy the T2 alumn hubs/parts online? (with international shipping)

*sigh*
www.stormerhobbies.com
Old 03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

hey guys, i was wondering if any of you that are running tamiya shocks would be intrested in selling the stock shocks
thanks

( i did put a post in the Want to Buy section, but i figured i would get a faster responce in this thread)

thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gonzo416
PitCrew is making aluminum adjustable castor blocks and rear c-hubs(toe).
like the schumacher ones, but he is going to use aluminum adjustable inserts instead of plastic. there supposed to run about $75. sounds awesome, just can't wait to see them.
I'm trying to get them out as fast as possible.

Sorry for the delay. I may have said something a bit too early. Should have waited till I had them running, but I sorta wanted to get peoples reation to the idea before proceeding with machining.

If you are in dire need of aluminum hubs, there are a couple options. The Xray brand aluminum hubs look like they will be very nice, just not adjustable. And the Tamale hubs are also a good choice.

I don't want to have anybody waiting around upset, but when I do have them out in the next few weeks, those who didn't wait may be disappointed they didn't..
Old 03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

wow, the parts on stormer didnt last long, i think i bought the last set of rear alu hubs.

no front C-hubs / carriers at all. bummer
Old 03-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James
wow, the parts on stormer didnt last long, i think i bought the last set of rear alu hubs.

no front C-hubs / carriers at all. bummer
Crap, and I was going to order some parts!! I just hope that my LHS has some in stock since I WILL break something!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I stocked up nicely on spares this morning from Stormer's site
Old 03-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

hey guys just put togather my new t2 and raced it this weekend , seems nice , anything you guys recomeend doing to the car for racing stock on carpet , ? adj, camber , toe , tweak , shocks , tires , chassis setting ?

thanks guys
Old 03-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by benroc
hey guys just put togather my new t2 and raced it this weekend , seems nice , anything you guys recomeend doing to the car for racing stock on carpet , ? adj, camber , toe , tweak , shocks , tires , chassis setting ?

thanks guys
i recommend reading or at least searching on this thread for any information you are seeking re the T2.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by benroc

thanks guys
And look at the xray forum and xray on-line setup database.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Has anybody found massive differences from running a stiff (standard chassis) to a flexi one?

At the weekend i was running on asphalt (5deg C track temp) on rubber tires it was the first time this year that the track had been used so i went with a fairly flexible car i found that stiffening the car up made the car carry more speed and seemed to give the car more grip!

The car was more lively when stiff too which is to be expected but i found going stiffer was faster, which i can understand as long as your suspension and everything else is working well.

But i did think that there would have been more of a change to the feel of the car, also i havent had time to do extensive testing with the flexi chassis so does anyone know which posts/screws make the biggest difference?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Crap, and I was going to order some parts!! I just hope that my LHS has some in stock since I WILL break something!!!
There is a rubbermade bucket ful of em, but get em while they last

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.