Nomadio Sensor Systems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio Sensor Systems

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Got the magnets, wow they are tiny! I thought they were bigger, buy hey, whatever...

Sorry I didnt make it down to SMA, oldnitro, will you be at Whalan on the Bathurst weekend?

By the looks of your pics you attached the magnets to your front diff... did you use superglue? or something else...
Old 10-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

There's a better way than attempting to glue them to the diffs, matter of fact you don't have to modify the car at all.

Been busy and haven't been able to get a picture up so I'm going to explain this as best as I can.

I mounted an Airplane wheel collay on the Shaft for my spur with the magnets countersunk into the collar. Get yourself a pack of DuBro collars (I don't remember the size off the top of my head. Get a drill bil the same diameter of the magnets and countersink 2 holes 180 deg apart. Glue the magnets into the holes. Put the collar onto the spur gear shaft and tighten the set screw. Then just get yourself some lightweight tin/aluminum and make a mount for the sensor, attach it to one of the deck mounting screws and bend/shape/cut it to fit. I attached the sensor to the aluminum with a combination of shoo goo and wire ties. No mod's made to the car and I can easily remove it.

I did something similar with my 12th scale except I mounted the collar on the axel.

These are the collars you're looking for
Old 10-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

thats great, THANKS!

I was thinking about gluing to the layshaft, but your idea is much better.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Size matters

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a picture of the nomadio reciever for several hours including the nomadio web site with no luck. Does anyone have a picture of it, I was curious as to its size........thanks
Old 10-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.nomadio.net/
Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi all,

I am getting back into the hobby (after having two Kids in over a year). I was still a noob when i stopped. Before I did, i was looking at buying a Nomadio Sensor radio. Now I am seeing a lot of people selling their Nomadio radios.

Is this radio making it into RC races? Are the pro's using the Radios. I see this thread was made in 2005 and the last message was almost 6 months ago. Gets me to think that this radio is not one to buy?

Thanks,

Nick
Old 04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Nick, I have the radio and love it for racing with 6 cells and gas. Yes it is a little different, but once you get the grip to fit, it is great. For racing 1/12 scale 4 cell, the lower voltage has created issues with Nomadio and Spectrum systems. 19 turn or Modified, will require a receiver pack or a LARGE capacitor.

They did come out with another radio that uses the same technology, but more main stream in design. You might check this out, as it is a little less $'s
Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

major races i do not know? but i love the 2 sensors i have! it does have a different feel but i love it. nitro or electric from 1/12 to 1/8. the wave files are fun to play with.

Racin'4-fun
Old 04-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here is a link to the Nomadio Support forum with some pictures from this past weekend's US Gas Champs (offroad)..

Link
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nickmind
Hi all,

I am getting back into the hobby (after having two Kids in over a year). I was still a noob when i stopped. Before I did, i was looking at buying a Nomadio Sensor radio. Now I am seeing a lot of people selling their Nomadio radios.

Is this radio making it into RC races? Are the pro's using the Radios. I see this thread was made in 2005 and the last message was almost 6 months ago. Gets me to think that this radio is not one to buy?

Thanks,

Nick
I have both the Sensor and the react and both are great radios.... Check out the forum, compare the features and decide for yourself...

They have the best tech support in the industry, period! I've been their main office and met Nomadio Support personally....
Old 04-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Nick, I have the radio and love it for racing with 6 cells and gas. Yes it is a little different, but once you get the grip to fit, it is great. For racing 1/12 scale 4 cell, the lower voltage has created issues with Nomadio and Spectrum systems. 19 turn or Modified, will require a receiver pack or a LARGE capacitor.

They did come out with another radio that uses the same technology, but more main stream in design. You might check this out, as it is a little less $'s
I think your are talking about the react, correct? I see that people on that forum all using the react. Is that radio the better then the two?

Thanks for all your reply.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nickmind
I think your are talking about the react, correct? I see that people on that forum all using the react. Is that radio the better then the two?

Thanks for all your reply.
I wouldn't say its better but it does have some extras the Sensor don't have. It has outside charge jack, more memory, and can switch from Nomadio receivers to Spektrum receivers without having to use the RC Desktop program to make the changes. This is the reason I'm going to the React over my Sensor I use now.

Now the Sensor has a way better display screen (hands down way easier to see because it is larger) and can do different sound effects and signals that the React don't do.

As for feel that really depends on the driver. I have used the Sensor for about 10 months now and really like it but I have also used the Multiplex 707 which uses the same case as the React does. It is just feel to the driver.