Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree552Likes

New IRIS by AME

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

I think this car will come to life somehow becuase the R/C commnuity will not forget they saw IRIS - perhaps a partnership with an existing company who's current touring chassis is already forgotten - several options available.
News of the A800 is unfortunate timing with it's price not much more than an Xray. Although the A800 is the most similar (to IRIS) it is still totally different however.
Starting with the IRIS gear diff is a good idea - that could quickly raise funds.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Then the most sensible decision might be the T-Shox v2 and gear diffs, all TC cars can use those parts so you already have a large base to start a brand. You could even do a one size T-Shox and offer the suitable shock tower depending on the car where they would be applied, depending which is cheaper and easier to make - carbon shock towers or shock bodies and shock shafts.
Yes its sensible of course and also makes sense.
Btw, samples of T-Shox have been sent from my manufacturer so there are getting closer.

A complete car project is something different though. Instead of helping other manufacturers with there weak points making their cars better its all and complete only my effort. But anyway thats life
Old 10-19-2015, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I think this car will come to life somehow becuase the R/C commnuity will not forget they saw IRIS - perhaps a partnership with an existing company who's current touring chassis is already forgotten - several options available.
News of the A800 is unfortunate timing with it's price not much more than an Xray. Although the A800 is the most similar (to IRIS) it is still totally different however.
Starting with the IRIS gear diff is a good idea - that could quickly raise funds.

Yes it will come to life. I am not stopping the Project (which is also why I called it a project to start with) it will just take more time and when it is finished it will not get the worldwide support in the same way as I planned initially.

A800 is coming and the new version will have some features copied from Iris already. Still Awesomatix and Iris basically only have 2 main features in common.
Different design and lower CG. Everything else is different.
Well until very soon when the A800 comes out. You will see why
Old 10-19-2015, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

One question guys

Should I have separate threads on RCTech, like this, with IRIS, then a different one with T-Shox, then a different with AME Geardiff.

Or should I just make one AME thread where all kind of stuff regarding AME can be addressed?
Old 10-19-2015, 03:22 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg
One question guys

Should I have separate threads on RCTech, like this, with IRIS, then a different one with T-Shox, then a different with AME Geardiff.

Or should I just make one AME thread where all kind of stuff regarding AME can be addressed?
Personally I like having different threads, it just makes it easier to find what you are looking for, like when Xray released the new T4 2016 car a new thread was started, be interesting to see what others say
Old 10-19-2015, 04:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

One question guys

separate your car from hop-up parts.
best of luck w/ IRIS... we all hope to see it some day
Old 10-19-2015, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

A800 is coming and the new version will have some features copied from Iris already.
If you don't mind me asking, what are these?
Old 10-19-2015, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

A800 is coming and the new version will have some features copied from Iris already. Still Awesomatix and Iris basically only have 2 main features in common.
Different design and lower CG. Everything else is different.
Well until very soon when the A800 comes out. You will see why
Interesting comment...first pre-production prototypes of the A800 have been running weeks before the Kickstarter project IRIS was launched...not to mention how much earlier design had been freezed. Always nice to read such highly qualified comments....

kind regards
Marcel
Old 10-19-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Yes its sensible of course and also makes sense.
Btw, samples of T-Shox have been sent from my manufacturer so there are getting closer.

A complete car project is something different though. Instead of helping other manufacturers with there weak points making their cars better its all and complete only my effort. But anyway thats life
I'm PM'ing you food for thought

Going to be interesting to follow your new products, I have some questions already. Good luck for the project.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcel
Interesting comment...first pre-production prototypes of the A800 have been running weeks before the Kickstarter project IRIS was launched...not to mention how much earlier design had been freezed. Always nice to read such highly qualified comments....

kind regards
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Nice to see that you are reading this thread as well.
Since you are my friend I dont want to start arguing about these things.
So my apologies if I said something wrong.

best of luck with your new car. It looks great and I am sure you will have success and fun with it
Old 10-19-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by josecarlo1129
If you don't mind me asking, what are these?

No I am not working against Awesomatix in anyway and they should release the information they want to do at the time they think is the best planned.
Hope you understand
Old 10-19-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Andreas, a couple of us on this thread stated a concern of driving the radial shocks through a gear mesh. If the gear mesh is loose to begin with or wears, then there will be a small range of motion that does not have damping. How will you address this?

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

No I am not working against Awesomatix in anyway and they should release the information they want to do at the time they think is the best planned.
Hope you understand
Neither I.

I asked, because, it is unfair to claim a certain company copied a part or feature of your forthcoming TC wherein we haven't seen any info from your side. All hints.

As someone pointed it out, A800 prototype has already been seen in action for testing.

Just my humble POV.

All the best of luck.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

i am still not sure why one would launch a kickstarter if you are not interested in making it a success? only thing the kickstarter achieved is demotivating people who liked it.

1 single update?

how hard is it to post a short video or drawings or whatever every 2 days and keep the intrest? if someone was interested and checked in again 10 days later he would think the kickstarter was abandoned.

i would regroup and try again in a few months with a decent marketing plan behind it.
(regular updates, cross linked on Facebook, twitter, instagram, all forums, press releases, asking people to help promote, run a Facebook add campaign alongside, ....)

as it is now you will never really know if it could have succeded
Old 10-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Marcel,

Nice to see that you are reading this thread as well.
Since you are my friend I dont want to start arguing about these things.
So my apologies if I said something wrong.

best of luck with your new car. It looks great and I am sure you will have success and fun with it
Of course i'm reading in hear, i also like some ideas on IRIS like the torsion springs...
Anyway, there's only one thing looking pretty similar between you drawings and our new car and im pretty sure, Oleg didn't copy anything. Even he can't see what others will release in the future at the same time...
Or do we have a "AME-Leaks" affair?

Good luck for your project, it's quite fun to see some cars with "different" solutions coming up...
kind regards
Marcel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.