Like Tree1Likes

New IRIS by AME

Old 10-16-2015, 10:12 AM
  #91  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,530
Default

I think this car will come to life somehow becuase the R/C commnuity will not forget they saw IRIS - perhaps a partnership with an existing company who's current touring chassis is already forgotten - several options available.
News of the A800 is unfortunate timing with it's price not much more than an Xray. Although the A800 is the most similar (to IRIS) it is still totally different however.
Starting with the IRIS gear diff is a good idea - that could quickly raise funds.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 02:53 AM
  #92  
Tech Adept
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
Then the most sensible decision might be the T-Shox v2 and gear diffs, all TC cars can use those parts so you already have a large base to start a brand. You could even do a one size T-Shox and offer the suitable shock tower depending on the car where they would be applied, depending which is cheaper and easier to make - carbon shock towers or shock bodies and shock shafts.
Yes its sensible of course and also makes sense.
Btw, samples of T-Shox have been sent from my manufacturer so there are getting closer.

A complete car project is something different though. Instead of helping other manufacturers with there weak points making their cars better its all and complete only my effort. But anyway thats life
Andreas_Myrberg is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 02:57 AM
  #93  
Tech Adept
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I think this car will come to life somehow becuase the R/C commnuity will not forget they saw IRIS - perhaps a partnership with an existing company who's current touring chassis is already forgotten - several options available.
News of the A800 is unfortunate timing with it's price not much more than an Xray. Although the A800 is the most similar (to IRIS) it is still totally different however.
Starting with the IRIS gear diff is a good idea - that could quickly raise funds.

Yes it will come to life. I am not stopping the Project (which is also why I called it a project to start with) it will just take more time and when it is finished it will not get the worldwide support in the same way as I planned initially.

A800 is coming and the new version will have some features copied from Iris already. Still Awesomatix and Iris basically only have 2 main features in common.
Different design and lower CG. Everything else is different.
Well until very soon when the A800 comes out. You will see why
Andreas_Myrberg is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 02:58 AM
  #94  
Tech Adept
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 104
Default

One question guys

Should I have separate threads on RCTech, like this, with IRIS, then a different one with T-Shox, then a different with AME Geardiff.

Or should I just make one AME thread where all kind of stuff regarding AME can be addressed?
Andreas_Myrberg is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 03:22 AM
  #95  
Bar
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
One question guys

Should I have separate threads on RCTech, like this, with IRIS, then a different one with T-Shox, then a different with AME Geardiff.

Or should I just make one AME thread where all kind of stuff regarding AME can be addressed?
Personally I like having different threads, it just makes it easier to find what you are looking for, like when Xray released the new T4 2016 car a new thread was started, be interesting to see what others say
Bar is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 04:17 AM
  #96  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 9,630
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
One question guys

Should I have separate threads on RCTech, like this, with IRIS, then a different one with T-Shox, then a different with AME Geardiff.

Or should I just make one AME thread where all kind of stuff regarding AME can be addressed?
separate your car from hop-up parts.
best of luck w/ IRIS... we all hope to see it some day
hanulec is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 05:13 AM
  #97  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
josecarlo1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas/ Bahrain
Posts: 437
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post

A800 is coming and the new version will have some features copied from Iris already.
If you don't mind me asking, what are these?
josecarlo1129 is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 06:05 AM
  #98  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Öhringen near Stuttgart / Germany
Posts: 71
Default

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
A800 is coming and the new version will have some features copied from Iris already. Still Awesomatix and Iris basically only have 2 main features in common.
Different design and lower CG. Everything else is different.
Well until very soon when the A800 comes out. You will see why
Interesting comment...first pre-production prototypes of the A800 have been running weeks before the Kickstarter project IRIS was launched...not to mention how much earlier design had been freezed. Always nice to read such highly qualified comments....

kind regards
Marcel
Marcel is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 06:15 AM
  #99  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: My house.
Posts: 3,567
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
Yes its sensible of course and also makes sense.
Btw, samples of T-Shox have been sent from my manufacturer so there are getting closer.

A complete car project is something different though. Instead of helping other manufacturers with there weak points making their cars better its all and complete only my effort. But anyway thats life
I'm PM'ing you food for thought

Going to be interesting to follow your new products, I have some questions already. Good luck for the project.
30Tooth is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 AM
  #100  
Tech Adept
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
Interesting comment...first pre-production prototypes of the A800 have been running weeks before the Kickstarter project IRIS was launched...not to mention how much earlier design had been freezed. Always nice to read such highly qualified comments....

kind regards
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Nice to see that you are reading this thread as well.
Since you are my friend I dont want to start arguing about these things.
So my apologies if I said something wrong.

best of luck with your new car. It looks great and I am sure you will have success and fun with it
Andreas_Myrberg is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 08:44 AM
  #101  
Tech Adept
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by josecarlo1129 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what are these?

No I am not working against Awesomatix in anyway and they should release the information they want to do at the time they think is the best planned.
Hope you understand
Andreas_Myrberg is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 09:49 AM
  #102  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Andreas, a couple of us on this thread stated a concern of driving the radial shocks through a gear mesh. If the gear mesh is loose to begin with or wears, then there will be a small range of motion that does not have damping. How will you address this?

Thanks.
glennhl is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 10:05 AM
  #103  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
josecarlo1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas/ Bahrain
Posts: 437
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
No I am not working against Awesomatix in anyway and they should release the information they want to do at the time they think is the best planned.
Hope you understand
Neither I.

I asked, because, it is unfair to claim a certain company copied a part or feature of your forthcoming TC wherein we haven't seen any info from your side. All hints.

As someone pointed it out, A800 prototype has already been seen in action for testing.

Just my humble POV.

All the best of luck.
josecarlo1129 is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 10:18 AM
  #104  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i am still not sure why one would launch a kickstarter if you are not interested in making it a success? only thing the kickstarter achieved is demotivating people who liked it.

1 single update?

how hard is it to post a short video or drawings or whatever every 2 days and keep the intrest? if someone was interested and checked in again 10 days later he would think the kickstarter was abandoned.

i would regroup and try again in a few months with a decent marketing plan behind it.
(regular updates, cross linked on Facebook, twitter, instagram, all forums, press releases, asking people to help promote, run a Facebook add campaign alongside, ....)

as it is now you will never really know if it could have succeded
atomic garden is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 10:18 AM
  #105  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Öhringen near Stuttgart / Germany
Posts: 71
Default

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
Hi Marcel,

Nice to see that you are reading this thread as well.
Since you are my friend I dont want to start arguing about these things.
So my apologies if I said something wrong.

best of luck with your new car. It looks great and I am sure you will have success and fun with it
Of course i'm reading in hear, i also like some ideas on IRIS like the torsion springs...
Anyway, there's only one thing looking pretty similar between you drawings and our new car and im pretty sure, Oleg didn't copy anything. Even he can't see what others will release in the future at the same time...
Or do we have a "AME-Leaks" affair?

Good luck for your project, it's quite fun to see some cars with "different" solutions coming up...
kind regards
Marcel
Marcel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.