Search
Like Tree552Likes

New IRIS by AME

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by josecarlo1129
Neither I.

I asked, because, it is unfair to claim a certain company copied a part or feature of your forthcoming TC wherein we haven't seen any info from your side. All hints.

As someone pointed it out, A800 prototype has already been seen in action for testing.

Just my humble POV.

All the best of luck.
Yes I agree, I should not have written this without also exposing things about a new car which the manufacturer did not want to release yet. But I dont want to do that and let the marketing department at Awesomatix do there job in the timeframe they have planned. Wont happen again
Old 10-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Andreas, no comment on the gear mesh on the radial shocks?
Old 10-19-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Blog

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg
Hi guys

Nice to see that things are happening on this forum.
I was surprised as I did not get any emails about any replies.

Since I am working on Forums in
America (this one)
Sweden,
Germany 2
England
Japan
Singapore

I normally wait for emails to see that there are replies instead of checking in on the different everyday. Mistake from my side.
I have also made interviews with RC online magazines in Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Singapore and Japan.
On Facebook I do not update to much, as I want people to go onto the Kickstarter page instead of only the Facebook page where there is no possibility to make a pledge.

Within Kickstarter people have asked questions, I have answered 100% of them.
On Facebook people have asked questions, I have answered 100% of them. Public and private ones.

I did a lot of pre marketing of the release as well as the release it self.

It is still 10 days left, so I am not giving up, however looking at the result its clear that.
1. I am not good enough to market something like this on Kickstarter.
2. I don't think its the correct platform, something I have now learned.
3. Not enough people seem to have money to spare now, for products later, which is what people has written to me the most. I love it, but I can't afford to pay now and get later is what a lot of people tell me.

Still many people ask me why I did it this way, doing it on a Crowdfunding base instead of the "normal" way. The answer is unfortunately easy. I can't afford to wait.

For various reasons, which if you are really interested you can read on my blog on my homepage (www.team-ame.com), my situation is and has not been easy since last year August approx.

I am on the point where I needed to see if I could make Project Iris happen though Kickstart and if not then I need to take a turn in my career and get the money in some other way.
Iris will still happen, eventually, but there won't be any big effort on world wide support, spare parts, race team etc etc.

RC is my and has always been my passion and I will still run AME and still be active. T-Shox V2 will soon be released (with a pressure compensator and my AME Geardiff will also hit the market. These products the full blown support and sales way.

However a car project is much more difficult and much more expensive then some "minor" option parts.

The fact that I have been away working with other things to make some money and not always had internet access, is only a bad excuss instead of doing what it takes. However, I honestly did not know that there was any actions on this thread until my friend mr SrD, told me today, hence here I am

I will check in on this thread minimum 1 time per day and try to answer any questions you might have.

Best regards
Andreas
Yes, interesting info in the blog.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by glennhl
Andreas, no comment on the gear mesh on the radial shocks?
The idea is that the gear mesh should be correct after just normal mounting the parts onthe the chassies. This of course needs very good precision in manufacturing.

The problem which can happen maybe is that after some crashes is that the mounting holes might get slightly bigger and then the shock/spring mounting wont be perfect.

I have to wait and see if this might happen or not.
If it does happen and if its an issue, then I will mill halfway into the chassis under the shock/spring mount and make a steel or aluminum plate where the holes should be stronger on impacts to make sure that the holes wont get bigger.

These are of course things which I have planned to look into and solve if need solving during the prototypes phase
Old 10-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The idea is that the gear mesh should be correct after just normal mounting the parts onthe the chassies. This of course needs very good precision in manufacturing.

The problem which can happen maybe is that after some crashes is that the mounting holes might get slightly bigger and then the shock/spring mounting wont be perfect.

I have to wait and see if this might happen or not.
If it does happen and if its an issue, then I will mill halfway into the chassis under the shock/spring mount and make a steel or aluminum plate where the holes should be stronger on impacts to make sure that the holes wont get bigger.

These are of course things which I have planned to look into and solve if need solving during the prototypes phase
Good answer, that should do it. Only thing I could think of was get rid of the gear set for either a small cogged belt or a traction drive gear set (no teeth, just disc on disc that uses friction).

EDIT, one more option I saw during my work years.... One gear has a ring made of rubber below the teeth. That way you can load the gears into hard contact as the rubber deflects a little. And since you just have a sector gear (not a full gear), then the ring of rubber, is just a section of rubber below the teeth.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Or machine a hex or something in the back of the "Piston" of the radial damper and run the Torsion Bar into it. Just use the cantilever to move the damper and it will move the spring. Get rid of the gears all together.
I saw radial damper used with Torsion Springs on a Le mans car years ago that was setup that way.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by patorz31
Or machine a hex or something in the back of the "Piston" of the radial damper and run the Torsion Bar into it. Just use the cantilever to move the damper and it will move the spring. Get rid of the gears all together.
I saw radial damper used with Torsion Springs on a Le mans car years ago that was setup that way.
Yes this would be the perfect way, I did not do it this way as there is no space really for it using normal bulkhead and a arms.
My idea was to introduce this solution in 4-5 years as it would take alot more time to make this, due to the space issue as well as the issue that people dont like to many changes to cars, and I was kind of on the limit of how many things can be changed already.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Yes this would be the perfect way, I did not do it this way as there is no space really for it using normal bulkhead and a arms.
My idea was to introduce this solution in 4-5 years as it would take alot more time to make this, due to the space issue as well as the issue that people dont like to many changes to cars, and I was kind of on the limit of how many things can be changed already.
I definitely like that the dampers and the springs are separately serviceable on the current design - but admit that the gear mesh concern is hard not to worry about.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

So Kickstarter failed, I knew this for some while of course, but now its also official.

Does not mean that it now stops. But focus will be different then I hoped.

On Facebook I have made a page where information will be posted and updated. Will not have time to go to all forums so if you want to keep yourself up to date on the project, please follow me on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectIRISRC/

Thank to all who supported me. very very much appreciated

/Andreas
Old 12-16-2015, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Old 12-16-2015, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

What is the material the combined c hub/spindle will be made from on the final production car?

If aluminum the design looks like it might be feasible with a single screw holing in the captured carbon fiber arm. But, if made from any type of composite material, the tray that captures the arm looks way too thin to be durable in any type of collision. If composite, (or even aluminum) you maybwant to go with two screws to hold the arm in place to take the brunt of any side loads applied versus the thin sides of the tray.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Old 12-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by theproffesor
What is the material the combined c hub/spindle will be made from on the final production car?

If aluminum the design looks like it might be feasible with a single screw holing in the captured carbon fiber arm. But, if made from any type of composite material, the tray that captures the arm looks way too thin to be durable in any type of collision. If composite, (or even aluminum) you maybwant to go with two screws to hold the arm in place to take the brunt of any side loads applied versus the thin sides of the tray.
The plan so far is to have c-hub in plastic and spindle in aluminum. However this will of course first be tested in prototypes but from initial calculation and FOM all is looking good.
The single screw will hold up no problem
Old 12-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

FOM???
Old 12-19-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pewter
FOM???
Sorry,

FEM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.