Old 11-30-2016, 06:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

CT - the front end looks pretty sexy... kinda like some TC cars we know
Old 11-30-2016, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taz169
Cristian I have the new T2. Ive had it together a while now and for the life of me I cant remember how many teeth are on the black diff gear that comes in the kit?
Should be a 74 or 76T not quite sure.

Thanks Mike! Much easier to work on and way freer. Also easier to keep lower stock if we can share the parts of the platforms 🤓
Old 12-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by taz169
Cristian I have the new T2. Ive had it together a while now and for the life of me I cant remember how many teeth are on the black diff gear that comes in the kit?
Stock spur gear is an Axon 76t.

Another question: what kind of screw is nessesary for the left wheel clamb hub? Mine is missing.

Regards, Gero
Old 12-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gero

Another question: what kind of screw is nessesary for the left wheel clamb hub? Mine is missing.

Regards, Gero
M2.5x6
Old 12-05-2016, 06:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Regards, Gero
Great thanks for the info
Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Set up that seems to be working well for me,
Front:
Stock kit springs
#4 shur lube in dampner
.75* camber
Three castor spacers in front one in back, haven't measured castor
.2mm toe out
3.4 mm ride height
1.0mm droop
Center shock: green spring and 35wt oil
No spacers under either end
Green side springs, just touching then set tweak
#3 shur lube in dampners
Stock wheel base spacers, haven't played with this yet
3.4mm ride height
.4mm pod sag
1.5mm pod droop
Spec strip tires 17.5 and 13.5
Full sauce- use front to tune for conditions
3' turning circle, very tight track I race on use expo to calm steering down -30%
This car has probably been the best car for out of the box performance, with some minor turning it has been a rocket ship. Also easy to drive fast. I also need to commend Christian for top notch customer service, one of the very best there is. If there's any questions or if I've missed something you want to know just ask and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Don't get on here very often.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Almost finished my built. With lots of trouble but made it finally.
Just two big problems left:

Its not possible for me to get the correct ride height in the front.
Built the front axle with 3 shims on
top of the steering knuckle, just like i known from standard, previous cars. How much shims you guys run on top and bottom of the steering knuckle?

Second problem is the pinion/gear mesh. Its not possible for me to get the correct gear mesh with the stock spur 76t and a 36t pinion for my basic 10.5 rollout.
Last chance is to disamble the wheel base spacers. Somebody already tried to run without theese?

Regards, Gero
Old 01-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Almost finished my built. With lots of trouble but made it finally.
Just two big problems left:

Its not possible for me to get the correct ride height in the front.
Built the front axle with 3 shims on
top of the steering knuckle, just like i known from standard, previous cars. How much shims you guys run on top and bottom of the steering knuckle?

Second problem is the pinion/gear mesh. Its not possible for me to get the correct gear mesh with the stock spur 76t and a 36t pinion for my basic 10.5 rollout.
Last chance is to disamble the wheel base spacers. Somebody already tried to run without theese?

Regards, Gero
What is the problem on the ride height? You should have a broad range of adjustment on the wheelbase, make sure the droop screws are not preventing you from achieving the ride height. However, you should be able to have a nearly infinite range of ride height with our front end. Can you post some pictures or send the to us via email to: [email protected]?

With the mesh, what is your problem? once again, you should be able to achieve nearly any ratio with it. Reducing rear spacing makes the wheelbase shorter, this is an adjustment. Shorter wheelbase makes the car more aggressive and steers better in tighter circuits.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

If you are running a 10.5 ditch the 76 spur for something bigger. 96/45 would give you the same rollout.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
What is the problem on the ride height? You should have a broad range of adjustment on the wheelbase, make sure the droop screws are not preventing you from achieving the ride height. However, you should be able to have a nearly infinite range of ride height with our front end. Can you post some pictures or send the to us via email to: [email protected]?

With the mesh, what is your problem? once again, you should be able to achieve nearly any ratio with it. Reducing rear spacing makes the wheelbase shorter, this is an adjustment. Shorter wheelbase makes the car more aggressive and steers better in tighter circuits.

Exactly, normaly i should have a wide range of ride height settings in the front.
The problem is that the spring retainer of the front axle springs already touch the upper a-arm.
Already put it upside down, but that dont help much. To run bigger tires in front i need less spring preload.

Oh damn, easiest gear mesh fix ever!
Bigger spur gear and done.
Haha, so easy that i havent in mind...
Old 01-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Exactly, normaly i should have a wide range of ride height settings in the front.
The problem is that the spring retainer of the front axle springs already touch the upper a-arm.
Already put it upside down, but that dont help much. To run bigger tires in front i need less spring preload.

Oh damn, easiest gear mesh fix ever!
Bigger spur gear and done.
Haha, so easy that i havent in mind...
Your spacing is not right on the knuckle. You must use 2.5mm under the knuckle, 2.0mm above the kuckle, 3 shims on top of the upper ball and the rest under the lower ball.

If you have some pictures, I can help you better.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Your spacing is not right on the knuckle. You must use 2.5mm under the knuckle, 2.0mm above the kuckle, 3 shims on top of the upper ball and the rest under the lower ball.

If you have some pictures, I can help you better.
Thank you! Thats the advise i was looking for.
Everything smooth now, will test IT tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Texas EOS round 1 Banana on Jan 15th.

I will be there with T2, 17.5.
I'm looking forward to talk with friends as well as others. When your car doesn't work well, ask me. I may be able to check your car.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Had a great weekend at the Kingston Ontario Grand Prix race over the past week-end. I was running stock Maclan 17.5 (non TE) managed to qualify and finish 5th overall in TC, qualified and finished 2nd in 1/12. held on to 1/12 tq till the 3rd qualifier but was topped by 1 lap at the beep.
Cant wait to get my TE 17.5's and do some work on the competition

Old 01-27-2017, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

So has or is anyone running a Sanwa SRG servo on a T2? Curious as to how how many and where you placed shims to get the steering turnbuckles level.

Last edited by chris moore; 01-28-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.