Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree24Likes

HPI HB PRO 5

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi fellow pro5 drivers I use to have one a few years back and have got another one. just wondering before I buy a Velcro strap and rig something up like I did last time for the battery holder has someone else found a better solution from another car that fits rather than using tape? a clamp down tab type system with end guards etc?

cheers Chris
Old 12-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
If HB comes out with a new shaft driven car, then I just might get one. There was nothing like the Pro4 during its time.

As much as I want a TB Evo 6 or 7, I'm still leaning towards HB (well HPI too when they were still in the same boat) on a race level kit.
Pretty sure it won't be the case. The demand is limited for high-end racing rc cars... So it becomes microscopic when you only consider shaft cars...
Old 01-08-2020, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

don't think there's much point in starting a new thread yet but looking like work is well underway. posted on HB aisa Facebook page.

looking like the prototypes Hara is using its got pro5 running gear with mid shaft chassis and top deck, very much like every other car out there, at least it's a HB offering

Old 01-08-2020, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisimp
don't think there's much point in starting a new thread yet but looking like work is well underway. posted on HB aisa Facebook page.

looking like the prototypes Hara is using its got pro5 running gear with mid shaft chassis and top deck, very much like every other car out there, at least it's a HB offering
Are you saying Hara is back in action? I thought he disappeared from RC which was too bad for a very talented guy.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by theclutch
Are you saying Hara is back in action? I thought he disappeared from RC which was too bad for a very talented guy.
He's our HB sales and team Manager for Asia. And yes the pic above is based on the Pro5, but it's only one iteration of what's being developed.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Livewire121
He's our HB sales and team Manager for Asia. And yes the pic above is based on the Pro5, but it's only one iteration of what's being developed.
Yes, I remember the announcement of his return a few months back... I wonder if his return was an influence to getting back into the (electric) on-road market, or if theirs desire to get back into that market was an influence to reach out to him about rejoining the brand, and thus benefitting from the experience he had at the old HB/HPI?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Damn Atshushi, everybody is going for identical belts, please don't do the Mi7 thing!
Pro5 with two identical belts and shorts shocks, and you're good to go...
Old 01-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Well, let’s see if they can get a competitive prototype up and running soon in some big races... BTW, I hear that Rheinhard’s looking for a ride - might be a prime opportunity to pick him up on the cheap!
Old 01-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

They new infinity has the same layout they both just moved the lay shaft in front of the motor
chrisimp likes this.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any good setup for black carpet?
Old 01-25-2021, 09:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default front /rear hubs anywhere

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Just seemed obvious since the main US distributor and many others arent keeping parts on-hand anymore.
hi any front or rear hubs will work or anyone have some for the pro5
Old 05-23-2021, 07:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default anyb21.5 setups

anyone got 21.5 setup oncrc black carpet
Old 10-27-2021, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys,
I've been racing on CRC black with the Pro 5 but have been consistently 1-2 seconds behind the fast guys. Once I figure out the setup I'll share here.
Two questions I have:
I've mounted a newer style high downforce body (JConcepts A-One Racer 2) and the front shock tower does not allow the body to mount at the right position. I have to either heat warp the hood or force bend the body down onto the posts. Does anyone know if parts from other LCG/newer style short/big bore shocks (like the T4) will fit to work around this?
Second, I'm wondering if anyone has worked out a mid-motor conversion for the car. I'm open to drilling new holes in the chassis and fabricating a different upper deck, but unsure about the belts and pullies from other cars being used for this.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tranced
Hey guys,
I've been racing on CRC black with the Pro 5 but have been consistently 1-2 seconds behind the fast guys. Once I figure out the setup I'll share here.
Two questions I have:
I've mounted a newer style high downforce body (JConcepts A-One Racer 2) and the front shock tower does not allow the body to mount at the right position. I have to either heat warp the hood or force bend the body down onto the posts. Does anyone know if parts from other LCG/newer style short/big bore shocks (like the T4) will fit to work around this?
Second, I'm wondering if anyone has worked out a mid-motor conversion for the car. I'm open to drilling new holes in the chassis and fabricating a different upper deck, but unsure about the belts and pullies from other cars being used for this.
I had some Ultra Low towers made and used the Xray ULP shocks.

Rumner likes this.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Would you happen to have the CAD file of the shock towers you had made? I'm thinking I could 3d print them from ABS.
Or better yet, have any for sale?
Originally Posted by Livewire121
I had some Ultra Low towers made and used the Xray ULP shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.