Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Will Losi ever make another 1/10 touring car? >

Will Losi ever make another 1/10 touring car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Losi ever make another 1/10 touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

I had 2 JRX-S (non R version) that I was going to run in VTA, but didn't see an easy way to make a hard case lipo fit without a bunch of work, so I sold them. I currently run a XXX-S and I'm reasonably competitive with it, my driving skills are the limiting factor for sure. Quite a few guys at my local track are surprised I'm running something so old and some guys have never seen one before. But thanks to Losi not running on-road any more, I'm slowly switching over to a modern, lighter car. I already have an Xray T2 008 for a USGT car and once I receive some parts I have an Xray T2 007 that's going to take over VTA duties. It's too bad, I've ran Losi since the JRX2 was released back in the day.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
Losi need to make this, narrow it and job done.

Theres your modern sedan layout by gil losi in 2000. He should have stuck with the plate car.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

There are lots of rounded packs out there that can easily compete with the brick packs in the Spec Classes: lrp 4300mah rounded, etc..... Too many racers following others, and throwing away their beloved tc cars , to regret it later !!!!
Originally Posted by Grauwulf
I had 2 JRX-S (non R version) that I was going to run in VTA, but didn't see an easy way to make a hard case lipo fit without a bunch of work, so I sold them. I currently run a XXX-S and I'm reasonably competitive with it, my driving skills are the limiting factor for sure. Quite a few guys at my local track are surprised I'm running something so old and some guys have never seen one before. But thanks to Losi not running on-road any more, I'm slowly switching over to a modern, lighter car. I already have an Xray T2 008 for a USGT car and once I receive some parts I have an Xray T2 007 that's going to take over VTA duties. It's too bad, I've ran Losi since the JRX2 was released back in the day.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Dreams of Losi TCs

My sons and I realize that a Losi TC is only a dream. My eldest is heading off for an engineering degree at an Ivy League school in the fall ( Cornell ) along with a CNC program to try to make a CF single belt TC. He's even going to use XXX-S arms and pivot blocks....a sort of "If Losi made it today" project. I wish him luck. In the mean time with a drill press, dremel tool and a few years as a machinist, we're trying to keep a small fleet of blingy XXX-Ss going & growing

Old 04-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If nothing else, there seems to be sentiment and fond memories. I wish Losi would realize it come through for some of their oldest fans; supporters from back in the day. They could do it if they wanted to. I wish they would see that it is quite possibly lucrative.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I doubt there is a business case with the handful of die hards that would buy a Losi.

With 17 or so TC kits already on the market unless TC picks up considerably I see a tough future ahead for quite a few brands.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

It's too bad I'm sure if they came up with something good people would buy them. I ran one when the Type R came out (i owned at least 4 of them). that was an awesome car.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Reviving an old thread....
I bought a Losi JRX-S Type R about a year ago and it is still sitting in the box it shipped in, ill get to cleaning it up at some point and putting in electronics.

But....
I was just curious today if they would be coming out with any other Touring car, latest rumors or news?
Old 04-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The rumor is, they aren't...
Originally Posted by Arsenal2012
Reviving an old thread....
I bought a Losi JRX-S Type R about a year ago and it is still sitting in the box it shipped in, ill get to cleaning it up at some point and putting in electronics.

But....
I was just curious today if they would be coming out with any other Touring car, latest rumors or news?
Old 04-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Honestly, as much as I love touring cars and on-road in general, I don't see it happening. There are so many on the market already, and off-road is currently much more popular than on-road. If that changes and on-road picks up again, then maybe. But even then I wouldn't bet on it.