Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do I increase camber?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How do I increase camber?

I'm new to rc and I think anyone can see it from this post but I'm wanting to increase the camber on my rc car but I don't know what to get to increase camber more than what it already is...

What part can I buy that'll increase camber?

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Which car do you have?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
Which car do you have?
Not too sure, it was my brothers... I know it's a 1/10, but it's a cheaper car, Exceed might be the brand? Sorry, I don't know too much about it
Old 04-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Positive camber is increasing camber. You probably want to decrease camber to -0.5 through -2.0 degrees. You need a turnbuckle wrench and a camber gauge. A camber block can also be used instead of a gauge.

If it has fixed camber then you need to buy turnbuckles and and ends. Camber helps increase or decrease traction while cornering.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

post a pic of it
Old 04-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Usually in rc when someone says 'increase camber' they actually mean 'get more negative camber'

You don't want to run positive camber, ever.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
...You don't want to run positive camber, ever.
...Unless you are running oval.

----------

In response to the OP (original poster), I would suggest downloading the Xray T3 setup book here - (http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=6143)

The Xray T3 setup book does a very good job of explaining what all the different adjustments are/do on an R/C car. Even if your car is a different brand or model, it should be very helpful to understand how an R/C works/is built.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by F. Mendoza
Positive camber is increasing camber. You probably want to decrease camber to -1.5 through -2.0 degrees. You need a turnbuckle wrench and a camber gauge. A camber block can also be used instead of a gauge.
Well I already cambered my wheels but I want to go further... So I'm guessing I have to buy a new part to achieve that?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Rookie

I haven't posted enough to put links -_- so I mean have more negative camber as someone mentioned, so the top of the wheel is tilted inward... I've already tweaked it to where they are slightly cambered but I can't go further, and that's the problem I want to fix.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What are you trying to accomplish? More camber just for the sake of having more camber?

Its not necessarily a problem, but we have no idea what car you have and no idea if you even have adjustablr camber links.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Rookie

http ://imgur.c om/pydg6WT here's a picture of my car
Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Rookie

[ar QUOTE=hyujmn;13209400]What are you trying to accomplish? More camber just for the sake of having more camber?

Its not necessarily a problem, but we have no idea what car you have and no idea if you even have adjustablr camber links.[/QUOTE]

Yea I guess that's true, I like having quite a bit of camber but I have a limit. I'm not exactly doing it do benefit my car, but I don't want it to the point it where it's just ridiculous
Old 04-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

ahh, it appears that it is a drift car and you are trying to go for the extreme camber look to tuck the wheels under the fenders, and increase traction a bit?

to go with higher camber angles you will probably have to go with a different car. if the turn buckles are bottoming out then the bones will probably soon also. to get the insane drift camber angles you will need a chassis designed to take high camber in the first place, or a chassis that the geometry allows it.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ThePanda
[IMG]http ://i.imgur.c om/pydg6WT.jpg[/IMG]

ahh, it appears that it is a drift car and you are trying to go for the extreme camber look to tuck the wheels under the fenders, and increase traction a bit?

to go with higher camber angles you will probably have to go with a different car. if the turn buckles are bottoming out then the bones will probably soon also. to get the insane drift camber angles you will need a chassis designed to take high camber in the first place, or a chassis that the geometry allows it.
Do you know of any chassis that can take it but isn't taking my whole bank account with it?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

you will want something with CVD's and long turnbuckles. I would suggest a VDF chassis as those are going for about 325, but that is really a carpet only chassis, and anything but carpet or brand new asphalt will just destroy the carbon chassis. (you want plastic for road driving)

you really don't need to run such high camber angles anyways, and it really is only necessary for CS or RWD or just for cosmetics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.