Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

THanks for your thoughts Jaymz...I think its pretty safe to say that both the 17.5 and 21.5 are looking like workable options as far as motor for this car.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 21.5 testing

We ran four qualifiers and a main yesterday with the LM-1's powered with 21.5's.

We found the cars had just the right amount of straight-line speed and were very composed in the infield. On a completely green carpet, full rear and 1/2 front sauce for the first heat, cleaned the tires and enabled me to run with very little attention for the rest of the day.

The chassis has been flawless, no breakage, nothing amiss and perfectly consistent not only round to round, but day to day. Tire wear is magnitudes better than I would have dreamed and traction consistent. The body shells make anyone take notice, they look so awesome in the pits and on the track.

Not a single thing missing from this class other than getting them in the hands of racers.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Celt,
are you running the tires at full out-of-the-package diameter, or did your group true them down? If so, to what diameter? What ride height are you running f/r?
Thanks,
Scott
Old 12-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Celt,
are you running the tires at full out-of-the-package diameter, or did your group true them down? If so, to what diameter? What ride height are you running f/r?
Thanks,
Scott
Scott,

At work now, but I'm happy to take measurements when I've access to the tires.

Honestly. we are discouraging tire truing and just running them as they are. Certainly, rotating the tires left to right IS encouraged. We have left our chassis at kit build ride height...which is what...5mm to 6mm?
Old 12-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

That probably is a good thing to go ahead and decide now: whether or not tire diameter will remain standard or to use a smaller diameter, and then in addition to that, what ride height to use as well. With foam tires, ride height is affected more so by tire wear than with rubber

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 12-16-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
Scott,

At work now, but I'm happy to take measurements when I've access to the tires.

Honestly. we are discouraging tire truing and just running them as they are. Certainly, rotating the tires left to right IS encouraged. We have left our chassis at kit build ride height...which is what...5mm to 6mm?
I think my initial ride height was at 6.5ish with kit built instructions. If you think they handle good now, drop the RH to around 4.5.

The 2.0 up Rear axle adjuster and the additional 2mm spacer in the front and under the steering should get you there.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
I think my initial ride height was at 6.5ish with kit built instructions. If you think they handle good now, drop the RH to around 4.5.

The 2.0 up Rear axle adjuster and the additional 2mm spacer in the front and under the steering should get you there.
I think you're right, it seemed high for a pan car, but I just ran it. Your track has a ton more grip than ours does, so we didn't think, much of it. Even less critical at our slower speeds. To hang with you and Rob King, I would have to step it up.

Some guys looking at the kit are terrified of having to buy a tire truer and deal with run by run ride height adjustment. I'm assuring folks here that that is NOT the case. This chassis is a blast out of the box. We tend to geek things out to whatever degree, that's what we do, but it's not necessary to have a truck load of fun. You can probably tell, this class is the bubble in my gum, been waiting for a true LM pan car forever.

Anyway...what's the deal with this shell?

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/speed-p...ototype-furai/

Looks interesting...
Old 12-17-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

21.5 motor and receiver are in. I can finally install electronics. Now to pick a paint scheme, paint and get the car to the track.

I still have a tire truer, but only plan to remedy tire coning and minor size adjustments in relation to wear with it. I don't see a reason to shave these tires other than to get them the same size or to take out a wobble.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I don't see a reason to shave these tires other than to get them the same size or to take out a wobble.
John,

No doubt, we've not even begun to explore the potential in this chassis. It is deceptively tunable. I think most of the race research is happening a little south of here

Vue and I are mindful to rotate left to right and it's all good for fun. low maintenance. club racing.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
THanks for your thoughts Jaymz...I think its pretty safe to say that both the 17.5 and 21.5 are looking like workable options as far as motor for this car.
21.5 would likely be optimal for spec rules. plus i think most F1 guys wouldn't mind an LM crashing the party and running with them until the class picks up. Our F1 guys were trying to get me to run it with them despite the 17.5 motor.

the 17.5 just made it super quick (which i like), but if you had a group of these cars on a smaller track the racing would be just a bunch of hot lapping. so depending on the track, the speeds would probably be too high to promote good close racing. if it picks up around here a Novak 21.5 stator will be in my future.

When i tested the car, ummm, it was without the body on it, because...ummm...i don't understand it! the main body is obvious, but does anybody have any instruction on how best to assemble the other pieces? i don't even know what some of them are for. i think the body is more complicating than the car...lol. again, your talking to a nitro buggy driver here...those bodies are simple
Old 12-17-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

I am excited about the idea of this class. I have been trying to push the F1 class at our Local Club track. While a few have them it has been hit and miss. I have only run F1 races through TCS and most recently at a regional event. I will be ordering my kit this week sometime. Will need to pick up a 21.5 stator for a spare Novak system that I have. I hope that with a completed car our local area will really look into the class.

We are building a pit timer ala UF1 and will incorporate into our pushing of this class locally. Please share any feedback on the incorporation of pit stops into the class.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kerberos451
21.5 would likely be optimal for spec rules. plus i think most F1 guys wouldn't mind an LM crashing the party and running with them until the class picks up. Our F1 guys were trying to get me to run it with them despite the 17.5 motor.

the 17.5 just made it super quick (which i like), but if you had a group of these cars on a smaller track the racing would be just a bunch of hot lapping. so depending on the track, the speeds would probably be too high to promote good close racing. if it picks up around here a Novak 21.5 stator will be in my future.

When i tested the car, ummm, it was without the body on it, because...ummm...i don't understand it! the main body is obvious, but does anybody have any instruction on how best to assemble the other pieces? i don't even know what some of them are for. i think the body is more complicating than the car...lol. again, your talking to a nitro buggy driver here...those bodies are simple

THanks for the comments...I reckon going with the 21.5 while this gets rolling is a good idea (I had a thought for a second about having 17.5 for LMP and 21.5 for LM1/LMPC but that can come later after the class gets a more solid base of core racers)
Old 12-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi..._v1_1_0_24.zip

Another update....latest V24 interface. Including the long waiting V21 BLINKY software just got ROAR approval. However, we are still waiting ROAR to list it on their website so you might not see it listing the V21 on the site and IF your track is concern about the ROAR approval status, please keep using the V20 software from your previous download.

EX customer............they must use the V23.5 interface or this current V24 interface. Anything before the V23.5 interface will NOT WORK.

Key feature of the EX is....aiming for 12th scale racing, but can also run with 2 cells....cannot do 3 cells like V1.1 PRO does. And yes, it is BLACK, it is faster (depends on your personal like....LOL) Also...the EX, come standard with the used to be optional SUPER CAP. Bonus.....however, it does not come with the LCD programmer card as we thought most ppl are REVENTON current customer and they might more then 1 LCD card laying around. But purchasing the EX on our direct sale site, for extra $10, we will throw in the LCD as a special....that LCD card retail is $28 USD.

Good luck racing everyone.....and please visit our new online store at SPEED POWER RC (see below link)

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/reventon-pro-1-1-ex/

Old 12-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The body built is similar to f1 bodies. The trick is getting the rear wing in place. I find it easier if you have a dremel. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel to make the slots on the body for the rear wing support.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kerberos451
Got to build/drive mine this past week.

Only complaints are lack of servo saver assembly. In order to protect everything I removed the steering bell housing and attached the steering links to a large dubro server saver. Only other thing that irritated me was no Hitec servo horn, but fortunately I had a low offset steering horn.

On to the good stuff. I put a Novak 17.5 Ballistic/Edge2S in my car and its a freaking land rocket. Im running it on carpet and using just a small bit of sticky fingers the car hooked up and gives lots of confidence in both high speed and low twisty sections. It is a drivers car & after a few laps you really start bringing the times down. Its easy for my mind to turn into a computer while driving this car flat out (in the zone). Im primarily a nitro buggy guy, but I love le mans and couldn't pass up this ride. So far it seems very durable and cost effective. I do hope the class picks up. Just hoping a rubber tire makes it way onto the market.

Good Job Speed Passion...great car. 4/5 stars
Thank you...and glad you like it and approved....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.