Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scytherat
You lot are so lucky! I have to wait til end of october here in the uk
Yup, very lucky and thankful we have access to tracks, good parts, and distribution
Old 09-14-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silencery
Here's the base setup sheet. I forgot to include a very important field for droop, so I'll add that back in later.

I ran something similar to this setup with 6mm droop in the front and 5 in the rear on med grip carpet (measured from setup board to middle of the hingepin) last night with very good results. I was able to beat my TC6.1 times with the new car by a couple tenths.

Car was very easy to drive with this base setup sheet. Lots of possibilities for more tuning to your preferences from this baseline.

Enjoy!
I'm not certain but I can't recall a spot to include the rear diff lube. That's becoming an important tuning option also.

I just received my kit along with many parts. All cf edges are now rounded, painted(green of course) and treated with ca. I used heat shrink on the front DCJs via the Serpent method. That method helps keep your lube in place also. Those retaining clips have been a problem in the past for me even when installed in the correct direction. It's really nice that those drives are included in the kit. That amounts to a ~$30-$80 savings depending on the brand.

Just wondering what other blade bones will fit as I don't see them listed for sale anywhere.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rcwck;12544513]

I just received my kit along with many parts. All cf edges are now rounded, painted(green of course) and treated with ca. [QUOTE]

I knew it ! .... lol

Last edited by jag88; 09-14-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcwck
I'm not certain but I can't recall a spot to include the rear diff lube. That's becoming an important tuning option also.

I just received my kit along with many parts. All cf edges are now rounded, painted(green of course) and treated with ca. I used heat shrink on the front DCJs via the Serpent method. That method helps keep your lube in place also. Those retaining clips have been a problem in the past for me even when installed in the correct direction. It's really nice that those drives are included in the kit. That amounts to a ~$30-$80 savings depending on the brand.

Just wondering what other blade bones will fit as I don't see them listed for sale anywhere.
Dangit. I knew I forgot something else. Thanks for catching that. Hobao's original setup sheet doesn't include areas for front/rear diff weights (among other things), so we'll have to see where it makes sense to stick that in.

Yup, love that the car includes DJCs. Overall, it's remarkably competitive out of the box. I had somewhat high expectations going in since I had a chance to try the car when it was in testing, and I've still been very impressed.

Build quality is second to none, straight speed is great, corner speed is fantastic. Lots of fun to drive

If there was anything to change or any criticism of the kit:
  • I would change the ball studs from 1.5mm to 2.0mm. Some of the ball studs require a lot of torque and I snapped a 1.5mm tip on one.
  • Swap out the rubber sealed bearings for metal seals (although the drive train is already pretty free)
Old 09-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Here's a couple photos of mine:

Attached Thumbnails HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit-imag1726.jpg   HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit-imag1735.jpg  
Old 09-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Are the green wheels from the original press release available?
Old 09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Are the green wheels from the original press release available?
yep, OFN22326 is the part number
Old 09-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

somebody please record this car in a main or heat
Old 09-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by starrx
somebody please record this car in a main or heat
It's been done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe0hb...vH2xGlHKW-NGDQ

Qualifiers #2 and #3 are both Ofna H4e.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Fast cars! Looked very stable and consistent
Old 09-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

does the battery strap come with the car, if not where to purchase, thanks
Old 09-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Yup, it does come with a battery strap. It's a little long for my preferences, so I'll probably switch to tape or switch to something like this: http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2213.

Comes with wheels too. Haven't seen a kit come with wheels in a long time....
Old 09-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@ silencery - so from what I saw in the video the orange car was in 1st and the black with reddish stripe was in second and the white car was third, and the 3rd cars was first to break right? So what part did it break and apperantly the first car also broke, what brand was that car, X-ray ? Would like to know about which part since the video didn't catch that turn on the left side before the straight away. Thanks

Ol skool
Old 09-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by silencery
It's been done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe0hb...vH2xGlHKW-NGDQ

Qualifiers #2 and #3 are both Ofna H4e.
ok thanks...1 Question what color are they
Old 09-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ol skool nitro
@ silencery - so from what I saw in the video the orange car was in 1st and the black with reddish stripe was in second and the white car was third, and the 3rd cars was first to break right? So what part did it break and apperantly the first car also broke, what brand was that car, X-ray ? Would like to know about which part since the video didn't catch that turn on the left side before the straight away. Thanks

Ol skool
Sorry, let me clarify. Hard to see in the video.

the starting grid for this main
1st car: Orange car was TQ.
2nd car: White car = H4e
3rd car: Black with reddish stripe (it's actually brown or bronze) = H4e

All other usual cars at this level at our local track are a mix of Tamiya, Xray, and sometimes Yokomo.

White car got a delayed start, so it dropped down to the #3 position on the first lap. Eventually it broke as you say. I don't know what car the orange one was. I can guess, but not 100% certain so I don't want to say (not an xray for sure). Perhaps someone wants to chime in

VERY rare to see our expert class guys break since they're all very fast and drive at a high level. Musta been some bad luck.

Don't know which parts broke on each car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.