Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

i'd say that would be very unlikely.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Re-Live the 2012 Championship Winning Race - Main A3 of the 1/12th Scale WORLDS

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm not here to say that wasn't bogus for him not to wait. All I am saying is that put your money where your mouth is. If you feel Andy is the odds on favorite speak up. As of right now no one is as consistently dominate at 12th scale as Naoto
Old 05-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I probably would not put my money on Naoto because as the clear favorite, you wouldn't get good odds.

If Spashet comes, I think I would go with him, especially if I could get some long odds on him. Moore and Groskamp would be good picks too.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Yeah that would be awesome.

So Ian let me get this straight. I got 20 bucks on Naoto in 2014..... Who do you want?
We will revisit this after the venue and surface have been decided. Until then, I don't have enough info to make a prediction. Bear in mind, not even Masami could win every 12th Worlds he entered.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

I'm not here to say that wasn't bogus for him not to wait.
The thing is Naoto didn't smack into Andy deliberately, Andy spun out right in front of him and Naoto collected him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huSFmHdVi9c
Whether you think Naoto should have waited depends on whether you would also wait if someone spun out right in front of you and you then hit them. No one seems to have a problem with Andy Moore hitting a spinning Marc Reinhard in the A1 and not waiting for him, that moved Andy up to second and into contention for the overall win.

BTW Andy Moore has not been running 1/12th this winter which means he hasn't qualified for any of the official places that will be given to the BRCA, although it is likely there will be spare places left after all the qualified drivers who want to go have submitted an entry.

I would think David Spashett is unlikely to be there, even though he blitzed the nationals this year he's still running 1/12th more as a hobby, using his own home made chassis based on R5 parts. He even missed one round as he was acting as pit man and helping out the TLR team at the 1/8th Worlds.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

tires are no longer the issue since manufactors now can get the same stuff that yokomo had kept secret for years . the big advantage is yokomo does alot more testing on pavement then most companys so i believe he would still be the favorite but i would not bet my life on him to win their are alot of other fast 1/12 drivers now and all you need to do is figure out that special sauce to put on the tires
Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If ran on our surface.... Ask Mark, I bet it would mix it up....

Originally Posted by smyka
tires are no longer the issue since manufactors now can get the same stuff that yokomo had kept secret for years . the big advantage is yokomo does alot more testing on pavement then most companys so i believe he would still be the favorite but i would not bet my life on him to win their are alot of other fast 1/12 drivers now and all you need to do is figure out that special sauce to put on the tires
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No one is saying that Naoto will win but You can't dog a World Champion. Lets also remember 2012 wasn't his first. I know hes gonna lose eventually but I am not going to bet against him until he does. Hell for some reason I still think it would be cool to have CRC win their first Worlds.

As Andy was spinning out and I do feel he was doing so on his own yet Naoto further punched him out of the way so yes waiting in my book would have been appropriate. Im not saying give back the position but maybe just a moment.

Yes there are plenty of super fast people out there for sure.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I hope this works out for you Tim. Thanks for your efforts
Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow how awesome would this be. I didn't make any effort to go to the asphalt nats to qualify for the worlds because they said it was not going to be in the USA. Now it might be?

Yippee

I still hope Tim gets the race but it just sucks for those who may of been burnt out from other endeavors and wanted to take a break for a month or 2 and didn't think missing the asphalt nats would be a big deal.

Last edited by Matt M.; 05-12-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
The thing is Naoto didn't smack into Andy deliberately, Andy spun out right in front of him and Naoto collected him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huSFmHdVi9c
Whether you think Naoto should have waited depends on whether you would also wait if someone spun out right in front of you and you then hit them. No one seems to have a problem with Andy Moore hitting a spinning Marc Reinhard in the A1 and not waiting for him, that moved Andy up to second and into contention for the overall win.

BTW Andy Moore has not been running 1/12th this winter which means he hasn't qualified for any of the official places that will be given to the BRCA, although it is likely there will be spare places left after all the qualified drivers who want to go have submitted an entry.

I would think David Spashett is unlikely to be there, even though he blitzed the nationals this year he's still running 1/12th more as a hobby, using his own home made chassis based on R5 parts. He even missed one round as he was acting as pit man and helping out the TLR team at the 1/8th Worlds.

No one is saying that Naoto will win but You can't dog a World Champion. Lets also remember 2012 wasn't his first. I know hes gonna lose eventually but I am not going to bet against him until he does. Hell for some reason I still think it would be cool to have CRC win their first Worlds.

As Andy was spinning out and I do feel he was doing so on his own yet Naoto further punched him out of the way so yes waiting in my book would have been appropriate. Im not saying give back the position but maybe just a moment.

Yes there are plenty of super fast people out there for sure.

Andy Moore didn't spin out, though. His car just squared up a bit... which is a pretty common thing for 12ths to do, especially early in a race. It is not like Andy did a 360* spin and was stopped right in front of Naoto. I don't believe that Naoto meant to hit Andy, but he did. If the car in front of you is going slower than you through a corner, you don't simply get to punt them and go on your merry way... especially when it is a pass for position.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Not to mention Andy was contending to win the overall event by that point.

Naoto can wheel more than 1/12. His win in mod sedan at 2011 IIC was like poetry in motion. And he TQ'd Cactus this year. Dude is supremely talented.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEDNpbTeOjw
so much has changed with the layout lanes are wider & comparision form brushed/nimh to lipo brushless I can only imagine
Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

https://www.facebook.com/george.mart...type=3&theater
1 of my favorite's local ace Law cranking it down to much modified

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.