Wiki Posts
Search

Way to go ROAR...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
It just wouldn't be a proper World Championship event unless 'ol 70" of Mayhem (Larry) wasn't there pissing off some skinny jean-wearing German.

der Scheißkerl!!!!!!
I still have the hat and it will make an appearance in florida if they host the race and I'm invited.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I still have the hat and it will make an appearance in florida if they host the race and I'm invited.
Especially during the "Parade of Nations"/ Team USA Photo.

You should order the Extra-Small shirt to wear, too.

And Boy Shorts. Must wear boy shorts. Hanulec has some.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So does this mean that some racers who didn't officially qualify, could possibly be allowed to attend the Worlds, since there are far more spots available than will be filled by people who officially qualified?

Since there are some extenuating circumstances regarding this one, could ROAR maybe setup another Worlds qualifying race later this year? ROAR Canadian Asphalt Nationals maybe?? make it happen ROAR
Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
So does this mean that some racers who didn't officially qualify, could possibly be allowed to attend the Worlds, since there are far more spots available than will be filled by people who officially qualified?

Since there are some extenuating circumstances regarding this one, could ROAR maybe setup another Worlds qualifying race later this year? ROAR Canadian Asphalt Nationals maybe?? make it happen ROAR
If there were no more racers from the Nats Mod A and B Mains ROAR could make the entries open to racers that want to submit a racing resume. They would pick the best qualified racers that wanted to run at the Worlds.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I'm almost 100% sure it does qualify you for worlds. That's the reason Andrew Doherty ran mod at nats in both sedan and 12th. He was under the impression that the top 20 from Carpet and Asphalt automatically qualify for worlds if its held in your block.
When I first heard we were queued up to host the worlds in 2014 I kept thinking of this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
When I first heard we were queued up to host the worlds in 2014 I kept thinking of this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
Old 05-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I am good enough to qualify for the worlds. I emailed Roar and asked them before they said they were pulling it from the worlds bids and was told that Carpet results do not qualify you for the worlds.
Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Bingo. If anyone thinks they are good enough to qualify for worlds, pull the 17.5 out and do it.
Originally Posted by locked
you want scary I have dibs before you guys put your resume in on making it to the world as I ran the last one and Bingo I did it on a 13.5 class run from the 2011 paved nats. and I was also told that you can't qualify on the carpet nats from a roar official.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

The Best advice I can share to all U.S. Racers is contact the Roar Admin
Ask what are the procedure's to apply to the Worlds
I did this in 2006 for the 07 Worlds as I ran 1/8th & did not qualify for the sedan Worlds & the response I got was very promising more easier than you would imagine