R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #31
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,470
Send a message via ICQ to MattW
Default

i'd say that would be very unlikely.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #32
Tech Elite
 
SWTour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Coast...CALIF.
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Re-Live the 2012 Championship Winning Race - Main A3 of the 1/12th Scale WORLDS

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
Joe Myers
R/C Racing since 1985 ~ Santa Maria, CA (Central Coast)
2001-2012 - South-West Tour R/C Oval Series...will the SWT be revived?
Things are headed towards a return of the SWT Series, but for
2017 the focus will be on the Encino Velodrome (and dirt oval racing)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #33
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I'm not here to say that wasn't bogus for him not to wait. All I am saying is that put your money where your mouth is. If you feel Andy is the odds on favorite speak up. As of right now no one is as consistently dominate at 12th scale as Naoto
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

I probably would not put my money on Naoto because as the clear favorite, you wouldn't get good odds.

If Spashet comes, I think I would go with him, especially if I could get some long odds on him. Moore and Groskamp would be good picks too.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #35
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Yeah that would be awesome.

So Ian let me get this straight. I got 20 bucks on Naoto in 2014..... Who do you want?
We will revisit this after the venue and surface have been decided. Until then, I don't have enough info to make a prediction. Bear in mind, not even Masami could win every 12th Worlds he entered.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
I'm not here to say that wasn't bogus for him not to wait.
The thing is Naoto didn't smack into Andy deliberately, Andy spun out right in front of him and Naoto collected him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huSFmHdVi9c
Whether you think Naoto should have waited depends on whether you would also wait if someone spun out right in front of you and you then hit them. No one seems to have a problem with Andy Moore hitting a spinning Marc Reinhard in the A1 and not waiting for him, that moved Andy up to second and into contention for the overall win.

BTW Andy Moore has not been running 1/12th this winter which means he hasn't qualified for any of the official places that will be given to the BRCA, although it is likely there will be spare places left after all the qualified drivers who want to go have submitted an entry.

I would think David Spashett is unlikely to be there, even though he blitzed the nationals this year he's still running 1/12th more as a hobby, using his own home made chassis based on R5 parts. He even missed one round as he was acting as pit man and helping out the TLR team at the 1/8th Worlds.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #37
Tech Master
 
smyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Broad Brook,CT
Posts: 1,182
Send a message via AIM to smyka
Default

tires are no longer the issue since manufactors now can get the same stuff that yokomo had kept secret for years . the big advantage is yokomo does alot more testing on pavement then most companys so i believe he would still be the favorite but i would not bet my life on him to win their are alot of other fast 1/12 drivers now and all you need to do is figure out that special sauce to put on the tires
__________________
Trinity, Proline ,EA motorsports, T.O.P Racing ,Futaba ,Bsr Racing tires ,Advantage racing products,Hot Bodies racing,Tq Wire ,REDS Racing, Orca ,Protoform racing
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #38
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

If ran on our surface.... Ask Mark, I bet it would mix it up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka View Post
tires are no longer the issue since manufactors now can get the same stuff that yokomo had kept secret for years . the big advantage is yokomo does alot more testing on pavement then most companys so i believe he would still be the favorite but i would not bet my life on him to win their are alot of other fast 1/12 drivers now and all you need to do is figure out that special sauce to put on the tires
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #39
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

No one is saying that Naoto will win but You can't dog a World Champion. Lets also remember 2012 wasn't his first. I know hes gonna lose eventually but I am not going to bet against him until he does. Hell for some reason I still think it would be cool to have CRC win their first Worlds.

As Andy was spinning out and I do feel he was doing so on his own yet Naoto further punched him out of the way so yes waiting in my book would have been appropriate. Im not saying give back the position but maybe just a moment.

Yes there are plenty of super fast people out there for sure.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #40
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I hope this works out for you Tim. Thanks for your efforts
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #41
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,773
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Wow how awesome would this be. I didn't make any effort to go to the asphalt nats to qualify for the worlds because they said it was not going to be in the USA. Now it might be?

Yippee

I still hope Tim gets the race but it just sucks for those who may of been burnt out from other endeavors and wanted to take a break for a month or 2 and didn't think missing the asphalt nats would be a big deal.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick

Last edited by Matt M.; 05-12-2013 at 02:30 PM.
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #42
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
The thing is Naoto didn't smack into Andy deliberately, Andy spun out right in front of him and Naoto collected him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huSFmHdVi9c
Whether you think Naoto should have waited depends on whether you would also wait if someone spun out right in front of you and you then hit them. No one seems to have a problem with Andy Moore hitting a spinning Marc Reinhard in the A1 and not waiting for him, that moved Andy up to second and into contention for the overall win.

BTW Andy Moore has not been running 1/12th this winter which means he hasn't qualified for any of the official places that will be given to the BRCA, although it is likely there will be spare places left after all the qualified drivers who want to go have submitted an entry.

I would think David Spashett is unlikely to be there, even though he blitzed the nationals this year he's still running 1/12th more as a hobby, using his own home made chassis based on R5 parts. He even missed one round as he was acting as pit man and helping out the TLR team at the 1/8th Worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
No one is saying that Naoto will win but You can't dog a World Champion. Lets also remember 2012 wasn't his first. I know hes gonna lose eventually but I am not going to bet against him until he does. Hell for some reason I still think it would be cool to have CRC win their first Worlds.

As Andy was spinning out and I do feel he was doing so on his own yet Naoto further punched him out of the way so yes waiting in my book would have been appropriate. Im not saying give back the position but maybe just a moment.

Yes there are plenty of super fast people out there for sure.

Andy Moore didn't spin out, though. His car just squared up a bit... which is a pretty common thing for 12ths to do, especially early in a race. It is not like Andy did a 360* spin and was stopped right in front of Naoto. I don't believe that Naoto meant to hit Andy, but he did. If the car in front of you is going slower than you through a corner, you don't simply get to punt them and go on your merry way... especially when it is a pass for position.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #43
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Not to mention Andy was contending to win the overall event by that point.

Naoto can wheel more than 1/12. His win in mod sedan at 2011 IIC was like poetry in motion. And he TQ'd Cactus this year. Dude is supremely talented.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #44
Tech Adept
 
Kraceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 168
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEDNpbTeOjw
so much has changed with the layout lanes are wider & comparision form brushed/nimh to lipo brushless I can only imagine
Kraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #45
Tech Adept
 
Kraceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 168
Default

https://www.facebook.com/george.mart...type=3&theater
1 of my favorite's local ace Law cranking it down to much modified
Kraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:08 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net