Old 01-04-2015, 02:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got bored today... so blog post...

http://www.thard.co.uk/its-been-a-while/
Old 01-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What are the best weights to add 130 grams for VTA class?
Old 01-05-2015, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RoyB
What are the best weights to add 130 grams for VTA class?
I used stick on tyre weights as they can be put anywhere u like and come in 5-10gs
I would love to have a min limits of 1500g I have to get down to 1350g ( well don't have to but makes a difference )
Old 01-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by malcnz
a velcro strap set up maybe better in the wet.
the only issue and reason a lot of manufacturers have gone away from rigid set up you show is it can stiffen up the car to much around the battery area so reason for tape or velcro strap.
I did try this Sunday just gone and it worked a treat!
Old 01-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dvsstrike
I will certainly purchase this now!

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TryHard
Thats the best option for those who don't want to use tape, IMO. Carbon straps stiffen up one side of the car and add weight, and velcro looks fugly..

Regarding some of the other suggestions, personally, I don't the sliders on the diffs, but I would prefer to have a three piece spool with steel direct cups, and no sliders. Certainly in mod, with bumpy tracks, replacing the sliders regularly in the front is a need.

Shocks and diff, honestly not huge concerns. Shocks, you do need to replace the lower o-rings, the kit ones just don't seal properly. As for the diff, a bit of work on the shimming, and running an extra big case o-ring makes for an improved diff. Biggest improvement that can be made there would be some softer outdrive o-rings, that seal better. The blacks are just too hard.

To the person who mentioned about being a BD7 copy with vertical decks... you'll be suprised how close the geometry is already
Yes! A plastic diff retainer just as the TC6.1 Uses! that would be epic! See attachment.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi5-tc6.1worlds-front_lg-e1349223237365.jpg  
Old 01-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dvsstrike
Would i have to still run the plastic lipo holders left and right with this option upgrade?
Old 01-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hydrakermit
Would i have to still run the plastic lipo holders left and right with this option upgrade?
click on the pics on the link as it shows its best used with the optional carbon holders..probably due to them being flat and lower profile.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TryHard
Regarding some of the other suggestions, personally, I don't mind the sliders on the diffs, but I would prefer to have a three piece spool with steel direct cups, and no sliders. Certainly in mod, with bumpy tracks, replacing the sliders regularly in the front is a need.
exactly, in mod the sliders of the spool wear out quickly
Old 01-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hi can anyone help me out with some gearing? I just got a Mi5, going to run VTA class with it. Our local track is small, 25' wide x 50' long. Looking for a good guideline to start with pinion and spur size. Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Start with a 4.0fdr, 90t spur and a 40t pinion. Assuming you are running Novak motors.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

from first Elliott Harper setup:

Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Hi there,

I'm running a Mi5 on carpet/rubber tires (Sorex 28), pretty much stock setup, except for mid motor Mount.

I'm considering trying the standard motor setup. A guy at the track told me that the mid motor Mount adds a lot of stability at the Price of coner speed. I'm unsure if he meant the cars speed through corners, or the ability to change direction fast.

What's the Word on this?

(I tried searching, but didnt found any pros/cons on this matter)

Thanks

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 01-19-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cole Trickle
Hi there,

I'm running a Mi5 on carpet/rubber tires (Sorex 28), pretty much stock setup, except for mid motor Mount.

I'm considering trying the standard motor setup. A guy at the track told me that the mid motor Mount adds a lot of stability at the Price of coner speed. I'm unsure if he meant the cars speed through corners, or the ability to change direction fast.

What's the Word on this?

(I tried searching, but didn't found any pros/cons on this matter)

Thanks
He means the cars speed through corners, as I used to run the MI5 in Mid Motor, the car is a lot more stable but it does indeed lack speed through corners, also the reason why I say this is because I had to change to 6 degree yokes to calm down the increase of initial steering.

Mid Motor also make the car very easy to drive, hence more stable, see attached of what set up I used to run, it was also the same set up Schumacher driver Jamie Hickin used to run. (trying to get the attachment sorted)
Old 01-20-2015, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hydrakermit
He means the cars speed through corners, as I used to run the MI5 in Mid Motor, the car is a lot more stable but it does indeed lack speed through corners, also the reason why I say this is because I had to change to 6 degree yokes to calm down the increase of initial steering.

Mid Motor also make the car very easy to drive, hence more stable, see attached of what set up I used to run, it was also the same set up Schumacher driver Jamie Hickin used to run. (trying to get the attachment sorted)
Thanks a lot, this is excatly the kind of info I was looking for :-)

I'm going to try the standard motor mount, and find out which works the best for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.