Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tamiya shocks

Hey guys, i know this might not belong here but the product i'm asking about is a onroad part so Mods you can move it if you see fit. I'm looking at getting a set of the new Tamiya TRF works shocks. Iv researched them and found them on RcMart.com for $65. I thought that was too cheap so i looked for them else where. The same shocks are listed on Tower Hobbies for 112. How can there be such a big difference in price, also Tower says delivery for late January, while RcMart has 20+ in stock?

I just want to know if I order from RcMart, am i going to get screwed? Rc Mushroom also seems to have the same shocks in stock and are priced at $78. Any help will be apprecited, Thanks guys
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pancar dude
Hey guys, i know this might not belong here but the product i'm asking about is a onroad part so Mods you can move it if you see fit. I'm looking at getting a set of the new Tamiya TRF works shocks. Iv researched them and found them on RcMart.com for $65. I thought that was too cheap so i looked for them else where. The same shocks are listed on Tower Hobbies for 112. How can there be such a big difference in price, also Tower says delivery for late January, while RcMart has 20+ in stock?

I just want to know if I order from RcMart, am i going to get screwed? Rc Mushroom also seems to have the same shocks in stock and are priced at $78. Any help will be apprecited, Thanks guys
RcMart is a very well known RC shop and provides great service.
As far as i know i haven't had any issues with them yet and i'm ordering from them for about 6 or 7 years (could be longer though).
I guess the reason for differences in price can be taxes and other extra costs for getting the items to the US.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Pancar dude

You sure it's the same part number? Tamiya released a M-chassis, and a touring car set of Works shocks. The M-chassis are selling for $65 and the touring car are running about $100.

I just bought a set for my touring car...VERY nice shocks. The TC shocks are part #84317.

Cheers

Last edited by zimmie; 12-30-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 12-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zimmie
You sure it's the same part number? Tamiya released a M-chassis, and a touring car set of Works shocks. The M-chassis are selling for $65 and the touring car are running about $100.

I just bought a set for my touring car...VERY nice shocks. The TC shocks are part #84317.

Cheers
Yea i know that there were two different part numbers. On rcmart both are the same price. Its good to hear from someone first hand that the shocks are nice.