R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya shocks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/690390-tamiya-shocks.html)

Pancar dude 12-30-2012 07:36 AM

Tamiya shocks

Hey guys, i know this might not belong here but the product i'm asking about is a onroad part so Mods you can move it if you see fit. I'm looking at getting a set of the new Tamiya TRF works shocks. Iv researched them and found them on RcMart.com for $65. I thought that was too cheap so i looked for them else where. The same shocks are listed on Tower Hobbies for 112. How can there be such a big difference in price, also Tower says delivery for late January, while RcMart has 20+ in stock?

I just want to know if I order from RcMart, am i going to get screwed? Rc Mushroom also seems to have the same shocks in stock and are priced at $78. Any help will be apprecited, Thanks guys

addicted2blue 12-30-2012 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pancar dude (Post 11610466)
Hey guys, i know this might not belong here but the product i'm asking about is a onroad part so Mods you can move it if you see fit. I'm looking at getting a set of the new Tamiya TRF works shocks. Iv researched them and found them on RcMart.com for $65. I thought that was too cheap so i looked for them else where. The same shocks are listed on Tower Hobbies for 112. How can there be such a big difference in price, also Tower says delivery for late January, while RcMart has 20+ in stock?

I just want to know if I order from RcMart, am i going to get screwed? Rc Mushroom also seems to have the same shocks in stock and are priced at $78. Any help will be apprecited, Thanks guys

RcMart is a very well known RC shop and provides great service.
As far as i know i haven't had any issues with them yet and i'm ordering from them for about 6 or 7 years (could be longer though).
I guess the reason for differences in price can be taxes and other extra costs for getting the items to the US.

zimmie 12-30-2012 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pancar dude (Post 11610466)

You sure it's the same part number? Tamiya released a M-chassis, and a touring car set of Works shocks. The M-chassis are selling for $65 and the touring car are running about $100.

I just bought a set for my touring car...VERY nice shocks. The TC shocks are part #84317.

Cheers

Pancar dude 12-30-2012 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by zimmie (Post 11610971)
You sure it's the same part number? Tamiya released a M-chassis, and a touring car set of Works shocks. The M-chassis are selling for $65 and the touring car are running about $100.

I just bought a set for my touring car...VERY nice shocks. The TC shocks are part #84317.

Cheers

Yea i know that there were two different part numbers. On rcmart both are the same price. Its good to hear from someone first hand that the shocks are nice.