Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You'll have to work some REAL magic to do that.

HOCUS POCUS RIFER SMOCUS
Old 06-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Frost99999
I just bit the bullet and did it, thanks for the advice! I havent done rc touring in almost 10 years, so I really have lots to learn. Im going to be studying this thread like crazy
welcome aboard!

Plenty of advice here and guys to help you along
Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You could literally run (yanno, with legs) faster than my TA05R, since I havent even bought electronics/body/etc for it yet

However, I will make sure to direct all my noobie questions right at you, Hebiki, without looking for answers in the thread first

Seriously though, thanks for the warm responses, you will see me around here a lot as I build and run this kit.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face RE: REAR WHEELHOP!

Originally Posted by cutwo
Well I got my droop sorted out from last week so its not soo loose on entrance, but I went to the front one way since I all ready had a center one way. Car was great except I had motor issues and ended up in the B main this week. For the final I swapped motors and car was awesome except going through the turn I had some rear wheel hop. I thought I had a tire coming off the rim, but after the race they were all fine not even a mark on the rims. Was the insert I put in too soft or what would cause the rear to hop? It was even rained during our main so it was really slick and the rear still had the hop in the corner. Any help would be great. My time in the B main would have put me third in the A main so I figure the car is working pretty good!
Check the universal joints. The pins maybe coming loose or the holes on the axles are getting out of shape . I think I had this happen on my 05 if memory serves me!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Default SALE Not for SALE!

Chris,
Tim told me your MRE is for sale again? So you have an 05-R Right?
Did you post it anywhere?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default question

how do you adjust rear toe in/toe out for ta05r? or is it possible?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Rookie

hi all, does anyone have the 3 racing carbon conversion?

i want to know wat size screws it uses, are the different to the ones by tamiya? thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WakattE
hi all, does anyone have the 3 racing carbon conversion?

i want to know wat size screws it uses, are the different to the ones by tamiya? thanks
There are some of different length, but mostly the same, only thing I don't like is the head of the screw, I think they or Torx, I ditched them anyhows.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dubifreak
how do you adjust rear toe in/toe out for ta05r? or is it possible?
Basically you change the suspension blocks. There is 1/2 degree difference between each block. Standard combo of 1A front and 1D rear gives 1.5degrees inboard, standard plastic rear hubs have 1 degree outboard, so that is 2.5degrees toe as standard.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
There are some of different length, but mostly the same, only thing I don't like is the head of the screw, I think they or Torx, I ditched them anyhows.
anyone know the lenghts? oh and are they button or counter sunk screws?
thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Champion

anyone know the lenghts? oh and are they button or counter sunk screws?
thanks
all my top deck are button head (bar one which connects to the upper steering plate) bottom deck countersunk, mixture of x head and torx,(I think they are T15 but dont quote me on that!) but I dont have the sizes to hand.

Should be easy to get titanium/steel replacements I would have thought, but imho I wouldnt touch alloy at all, they snap too easily
Old 06-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tc3team
all my top deck are button head (bar one which connects to the upper steering plate) bottom deck countersunk, mixture of x head and torx,(I think they are T15 but dont quote me on that!) but I dont have the sizes to hand.

Should be easy to get titanium/steel replacements I would have thought, but imho I wouldnt touch alloy at all, they snap too easily
ic thanks, i was planing on getting the carbon conversion and some screws from fastener express, but now i duno.lol .. darn
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

ic thanks, i was planing on getting the carbon conversion and some screws from fastener express, but now i duno.lol .. darn

Tbh, im really not sure why some are x head and some are torx, but theyre in there and are all ok, so if it isnt bust I wont be fixing it

If you found the right sizes (none of them are an odd size from memory) im sure you could get them all in torx or whatever you wanted

You wont go wrong with the 3racing chassis, it really tightens the car up from the standard chassis, and it looks pretty nice too!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Has anyone tried a spool up front, with a centre 1 way? Just wondering what the handling would be like Im guessing the car would dive pretty damn deep into corners. I am getting used to the centre one way nicely now though
Old 06-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone run a Novak cyclone TC2 in their TA05R? I saw some posts way back in the thread about some ESC's not fitting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.