Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Piper
Looking to get back into onroad.Its been 5+ years.lol
I'm looking to maybe get a T4.
It seems from what everyone has been posting,the car in kit form is real easy to drive?
What body is everyone using?what should I get?
Yes, kit setup is very easy to drive. Using Protoform LTC-R for a body.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It seems from what everyone has been posting,the car in kit form is real easy to drive?
Personally, I drifted quite a ways away from the kit setup. Box stock was drivable, but not fast for my driving style at my track. If you're looking for a body, I'd say speed6 is the best body to start off with on carpet (assuming that's what you're running on at this time of the year).
Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussierevo
i'm in the process of the build and having trouble setting the rear stabliser. When I'm lifting the rear arms on one side all works well ie. the other arm rises, but when I go to the opposite side, it fails to rise. I've check and recheck the downstops, check for binding and I'm basically at a loss as to why I can't get each side to rise as intented.

What am I missing, what can re-check to ensure I have right, as I'm at that stage where I'm at a lost.

appreciate any suggestions.
Take the bar off the back and put in on a flat surface to make sure the bar isn't twisted. Measure both links to make sure they are the same length. Back the setscrews off a bit so the bar drops freely. Tighten one screw at a time slowly until the bar starts to bind and then back off until the bar is free again.....do the same to the other side. Make sure the links pivot freely on the arms and that when tighten the collars on the end of the bar that they are spaced evenly on the end of the wire left and right.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i'm in the process of the build and having trouble setting the rear stabliser. When I'm lifting the rear arms on one side all works well ie. the other arm rises, but when I go to the opposite side, it fails to rise. I've check and recheck the downstops, check for binding and I'm basically at a loss as to why I can't get each side to rise as intented.

What am I missing, what can re-check to ensure I have right, as I'm at that stage where I'm at a lost.

appreciate any suggestions.
I had this problem as well. First, double check your stabilizer mounts which connect to the arm are the exact same length. Mine were, but it turned out my rear stabilizer bar was not flat, just a little bit but it made a huge difference. See picture.

I fixed it two ways.
1) hang the right side over the edge of the board holding the bar the way I'm showing, and push down then let it recover and see if it's still not flat. I had to push down until the bar was nearly at a 90 degree angle and it took a couple tries to get it flat, as this material is made to bend but recover back to where it was.
2) I then lengthened one of the stabilizer mounts a twist or two, until the arms lifted equally.

Hope that helps, or more specifically, I hope that's the problem you are having as well.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Take the bar off the back and put in on a flat surface to make sure the bar isn't twisted. Measure both links to make sure they are the same length. Back the setscrews off a bit so the bar drops freely. Tighten one screw at a time slowly until the bar starts to bind and then back off until the bar is free again.....do the same to the other side. Make sure the links pivot freely on the arms and that when tighten the collars on the end of the bar that they are spaced evenly on the end of the wire left and right.
lol, beat me too it.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

guy's, thanks for the thoughts, I will give these suggestions a try.

thanks again.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

The body to run depends on the track layout and grip. Honestly, I agree the Speed 6 body is probably the best to start with as it has more of a neutral feel, where the P37 and LTCR will give you more front bite it seems.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

guy's, thanks for the thoughts, I will give these suggestions a try.

thanks again.
Adjust the symmetry of the swaybar action via the links that connect to the arm. You can lengthen or shorten the links until you get symmetry. Also, for fine-tuning, you can slide the swaybar through the aluminum ball that connects to the links. It's important that the swaybar dynamics side-to-side are the same, the links are what they are to achieve this symmetry.

To check swaybar symetry I put my car on blocks, then, with tires off, I carefully prop one of the stub axle shafts onto a 12th scale rear wheel (or whatever is handy to give a consistent placement) and measure the corresponding uptravel of the other side. I then do this to the other side, compare the measurements, and adjust as necessary.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've given it another try. The sway bar was bent just as much as in the pictures posted earlier. I've given it a 'tweak' and it seems to have done the trick. I might need to invest in a new one just to be sure.

thanks for all the help.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
Personally, I drifted quite a ways away from the kit setup. Box stock was drivable, but not fast for my driving style at my track. If you're looking for a body, I'd say speed6 is the best body to start off with on carpet (assuming that's what you're running on at this time of the year).
Sam,
Could you post some of your changes you made to the kit setup? Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erchn
lol, beat me too it.
So whatcha gonna do with your old Xray?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

finally built but still waiting for my new esc

and my first paint job in 3 years and only my 3rd one every ....

Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erchn
I had this problem as well. First, double check your stabilizer mounts which connect to the arm are the exact same length. Mine were, but it turned out my rear stabilizer bar was not flat, just a little bit but it made a huge difference. See picture.

I fixed it two ways.
1) hang the right side over the edge of the board holding the bar the way I'm showing, and push down then let it recover and see if it's still not flat. I had to push down until the bar was nearly at a 90 degree angle and it took a couple tries to get it flat, as this material is made to bend but recover back to where it was.
2) I then lengthened one of the stabilizer mounts a twist or two, until the arms lifted equally.

Hope that helps, or more specifically, I hope that's the problem you are having as well.

something Paul lemuiex told me when I was in cleveland at the holloween classic in 2011 was the collar on the sway bar can act as a cam for getting a slight out of flat sway bar back to flat. set screw up to set screw down makes a difference and is finer to get the correct side to side "feel" out of a sway bar then taking a round of the the ball ends.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by haywood
Sam,
Could you post some of your changes you made to the kit setup? Thanks
I uploaded a setup sheet if interested. Car is better than I am

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...ID=74&setup=t4
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

what make pinions is everyone running? 48dp or 64dp? and what are your reasons?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.