Search

UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terryh1313
it would be nice to get uf1 in the midwest
Starting in Aug. -- http://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska...f1-series.html.

Carpet in Omaha, Asphalt in Lincoln
Old 07-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Why is the -F1 is alive...- forum offline?

Can anyone tell us?

What about all the hundreds of pages and info we put in there since 2009?

Please explain.

Marcos

Last edited by HeliYogi; 07-08-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
So you people close the forum for what reason?

Information is not to be destroyed or handle or controlled - if we aspire to real freedom.

How many millions of bites containing hours of opinions, including: great tips, jokes, rants and raves negative and positive, nice and ugly, productive or not did we all lose? Gone forever in a click.

Can anyone ever be comfortable writing here (or anywhere) if the possibility of being censored by deletion is pointing a gun at our head? Oh yes, deletion is censorship.

The sum of the little things (like a single post in a hobby forum) is what adds up to make or break liberty and freedom.

Figure it out... When you kill freedom of speech to control others, the time will come when you will fall under someone else's control. Then there will be no one to turn to for help.

Are we blind to see this? Is experiencing (doing and protecting) freedom of speech so unimportant to us all? Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light... Can we?

If you responsible people can undo the damage, please put our forum back online.

Be reminded that the “F1 is ...” forum, as all the others, are not owned by the user who started with the first post or by RCTECH. They belong to us who created the hundreds of pages of their lively content with our thoughts, ideas and opinions.

No one owns our words. If they are gone then who ever took them is also responsible for theft.

Be well,

Marcos Wanless
The information is not destroyed...it is still there if you search for it.

And, I am in agreement that the thread should not have been closed but simply 'cleaned', but it is what it is now. Some people need to understand that just becasue it's an open forum and there such a thing as freedom of speech, when you attack someone's self and family there needs to be consequences. This person that created a new account JUST TO BASH ANOTHER USER thw way that the did needs to have their IP banned; no if's, and's or buts about it. I don't care if they DIDN'T post it but it 'came from our computer', it's their responsibility to take control of that stuff. My 2c.

So, it's closed. It's done. But it is still searchable. The thread will not die, it will just drop down the list; WAY down the list.

We just need to check ourselves and keep this one positive.

On a lighter side, I ran Monaco last night on F1 2011...IN THE RAIN! Man, that sucks big time. Had to make 3 pit stops to replace my front wing. Still finished 7th. Ok with that.

Last edited by TPhalen; 07-08-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

It is sad to see the best thread ever on the internet closed. But this one, and the other F1 thread will have to do. Guess Uf1 was too big for just the California Forum anyway
Old 07-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So, is there any specific "process" to starting a UF1 program ?? Central Florida might be in need.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
So, is there any specific "process" to starting a UF1 program ?? Central Florida might be in need.
Communication was the start for us.

Gotta be able to keep in touch with the guys that are interested and then agree on a date to race. Then lather, rinse, repeat.
The old thread was perfect for us So Cal guys besides a few phone numbers etc.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

This starting to sounds like Fight Club. Except the first rule of UF1 is we do talk about UF1.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
This starting to sounds like Fight Club. Except the first rule of UF1 is we do talk about UF1.
Lmfao
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
The UF1 format was an experiment to simulate an F1 series with our RC cars. As RC technology has evolved over the last 10 years the format for racing has only been minimally modified from the traditional race format. So, the UF1 format was developed to give the club racer a race experience with more focus on wheel to wheel racing. This concept could be applied to any RC class. After having raced under the UF1 format for club racing, you don’t want to go back.

One of the principle things we stumbled upon to give the racer a better experience:
1) Condensed qualifying
Why spend so much of your race day to find out who starts 10 feet ahead of the next guy? Seed the mains with a fast lap rocket round and then bring on the racing!

2) Longer races
Brushless motors and LiPo batteries give you shorter charge cycle and longer run times. Take advantage of the improvements and spend the time on the track running 10-15 minute races.

3) Shorter race days
Who has time to spend all day at the track? With a race day focused on just a few classes, you don’t spend endless hours waiting for your class to finally roll around. Try to keep the race day to 6 hours or less.

4) Less frequent races
Racing one or two class no more than twice a month keeps it special and easier to schedule with the ”significant other”, or whatever you need do the other 29 days of the month.

UF1 an “open source” racing format developed by racers. First and foremost, your race director needs to be willing to try something different to make it work for the racers. The evolution was a process that took several years and the result of the active feedback from racers. As other tracks begin to experiment with the format and apply it to club racing, they will find that over time the participation will grow because racers will have more fun racing.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 240Z
The UF1 format was an experiment to simulate an F1 series with our RC cars. As RC technology has evolved over the last 10 years the format for racing has only been minimally modified from the traditional race format. So, the UF1 format was developed to give the club racer a race experience with more focus on wheel to wheel racing. This concept could be applied to any RC class. After having raced under the UF1 format for club racing, you don’t want to go back.

One of the principle things we stumbled upon to give the racer a better experience:
1) Condensed qualifying
Why spend so much of your race day to find out who starts 10 feet ahead of the next guy? Seed the mains with a fast lap rocket round and then bring on the racing!

2) Longer races
Brushless motors and LiPo batteries give you shorter charge cycle and longer run times. Take advantage of the improvements and spend the time on the track running 10-15 minute races.

3) Shorter race days
Who has time to spend all day at the track? With a race day focused on just a few classes, you don’t spend endless hours waiting for your class to finally roll around. Try to keep the race day to 6 hours or less.

4) Less frequent races
Racing one or two class no more than twice a month keeps it special and easier to schedule with the ”significant other”, or whatever you need do the other 29 days of the month.

UF1 an “open source” racing format developed by racers. First and foremost, your race director needs to be willing to try something different to make it work for the racers. The evolution was a process that took several years and the result of the active feedback from racers. As other tracks begin to experiment with the format and apply it to club racing, they will find that over time the participation will grow because racers will have more fun racing.
Spoken perfectly!

I have to agree with everything he said. I raced occasionally on and off, and pretty much decided the day of if I was going or not. With this format, I can't WAIT until the next race! And the 2 minute qualifying followed by 3 mains really keeps the excitement flowing. I've said it before and I'll say it again; the UF1 has single-handedly gotten me back into racing. While I don't necessarily like the 'more qualifying followed by one main' format, I have found myself hitting the track more just to practice for UF1.

I'd definitely like to see other race classes work like this...
Old 07-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

BTW:
Good to see this movement expanding beyond So. Cal.

An UF1 thread has been opened in the California Regional forum.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

So sorry to see some turmoil going on, but you UF1 guys have a good thing going, and it will no doubt continue. You've done such a killer job. So much so, that I feel it boosted the whole F1 platform in the hobby for the US, from racing format to new products being developed. It's because of all of your efforts that some of us in Wisconsin are doing our own F1 program, and it's slowly growing at each event. I feel mostly because of the scale realism, as well as the fun that it's providing for both the racers and the spectators.
Remember, this is supposed to be a fun hobby, as well as one that grows friendships. It can be heated at times, but it's those two things that in the end ultimately matters. I'm super stoked that F1 is blowing up due to all of the buzz. Keep up the great work!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default UF1 race series

I noticed on your guys website, that you guys call each race in a series by a real F1 race's name, and you go to different locations to run each race, are you setting up the course layout to mimic the real race in a parking lot, or are you just naming the races that way at a pre-existing track?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fatboysracing
I noticed on your guys website, that you guys call each race in a series by a real F1 race's name, and you go to different locations to run each race, are you setting up the course layout to mimic the real race in a parking lot, or are you just naming the races that way at a pre-existing track?
The nicknames of the tracks are (in the most part) inherited from an F1 series that was run back in the 90's. RedBullFiXX was one of the organizers and we are most fortunate to have him and other "vintage" F1 racers like FWM participate in this series with us today. The names do somewhat reflect the spirit of the tracks we run at. For example, our "Monte Carlo" race in August is a very tight track and all turns. The last race of the series "Korean GP" is held at TQ raceway by Sean Park.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

How do you start a series? The Ripon track owner is a major F1 fan. And I'm going to convince him to start a series here in Northern California.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.