Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Have any one use the conversion kit for the LI-PO kit yet? I am not sure what the third part is use for the long alu part with two holes can someone explain.
end of this month !
Old 07-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bydand53
I've got a Cyclone TC with the 18 tooth drive gear giving me an IDR of 2.1667.

I want to run 540 brushed, 540 sport brushed and 10 turn brushless with the one car but am having trouble sourcing 64 pitch spur and pinion gears.

Other than HPI, can anybody suggest an alternate manufacturer/supplier?

I'm sick and tired of searching the world to pay $3 for one gear and $30 for postage.

nexusracing will ship int'l and they have all the 64p pinion and spur gears in stock. Just order a lot.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

I've noticed that the WCE spool makes the front end of my car shake/vibrate violently with maximum turn angles.

The shaking is so bad that it actually slows the car down in corners during entry and exit.

If i flip the car over and apply throttle and turn the wheel to the max throw in either direction the CVD's make an awful grinding sound.

Is this only the case with the spool? Should i switch to a one-way?

The logical answer would be to turn down dual-rate or
reduce EPA. If i do that I can't get the tight circles I need.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
I've noticed that the WCE spool makes the front end of my car shake/vibrate violently with maximum turn angles.

The shaking is so bad that it actually slows the car down in corners during entry and exit.

If i flip the car over and apply throttle and turn the wheel to the max throw in either direction the CVD's make an awful grinding sound.

I use a ball diff at the rear and one way at the front. This makes the car very smooth and easy to handle. The spool is usually used for smaller and tighter tracks.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
end of this month !
What!! I don't know what end of this month mean but that is not what I am asking, I have the conversion kit already just want to know what the part with the two hole is use for.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

What!! I don't know what end of this month mean but that is not what I am asking, I have the conversion kit already just want to know what the part with the two hole is use for.
I have the conversion, but have not put it on yet. I think the part in question goes between the chassis and Middle Block Right (large purple part).
Old 07-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dag32
I have the conversion, but have not put it on yet. I think the part in question goes between the chassis and Middle Block Right (large purple part).
Yes, the square piece will go in between the middle block (right side) and the main chassis. But, this is only used if your car has the brushless motor mount. If the car has original bulkheads, you won't need the square parts.

Hope it helps.
Thank you.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Yes, the square peace will go in between the middle block (right side) and the main chassis. But, this is only used if your car has the brushless motor mount. If the car has original bulkheads, you won't need the square parts.

Hope it helps.
Thank you.
Thanks, Hiro!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Yes, the square piece will go in between the middle block (right side) and the main chassis. But, this is only used if your car has the brushless motor mount. If the car has original bulkheads, you won't need the square parts.

Hope it helps.
Thank you.
Very helpful thank you.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Korey,

Have yourself or your team tested the black 2 x 1.2 mm hole piston vs the 3 x 1.1 mm hole piston with identical damping? Did you guys find any differences between the 2?
Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo

Well, that is the best spool I've run for the car. Sure, there will be some chattering but you can't get rid of that. When the car is on the ground, and the suspension is loaded, it will chatter much less. Perhaps try and get the car to have more natural steering through the suspension, instead of using brute force by having the steering endpoints so high. I usually set mine up to max out, then turn the dual rate to 90%. That's the most steering travel I will ever use.

-Korey
Old 07-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Hi Korey,

Have yourself or your team tested the black 2 x 1.2 mm hole piston vs the 3 x 1.1 mm hole piston with identical damping? Did you guys find any differences between the 2?
I did a while back, but I can't seem to find my notes anywhere. From what I remember, the 2 hole pistons felt a little stiffer, but they seemed more consistent through the whole stroke of the shock. They didn't seem to pack up as much. The 3 hole pistons had a softer feeling, but they packed up quicker. So they would feel soft, then feel stiffer if compressed quickly. The 2 hole pistons just felt the same all the way around.

I know Hiro has been doing some testing with the 2 hole pistons again, and he seems to like them. I run them when the grip is very high, because it seems to make the car more consistent. The 3 hole pistons tend to make the car very reactive initially, but they can make the car feel odd when the grip is very very high unless used in combination with very thick oil.

This is just what I have found though. Id say it's worth a try for yourself as well. It really depends on how much static grip the track has. That can influence the results drastically.

-Korey
Old 07-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I did a while back, but I can't seem to find my notes anywhere. From what I remember, the 2 hole pistons felt a little stiffer, but they seemed more consistent through the whole stroke of the shock. They didn't seem to pack up as much. The 3 hole pistons had a softer feeling, but they packed up quicker. So they would feel soft, then feel stiffer if compressed quickly. The 2 hole pistons just felt the same all the way around.

I know Hiro has been doing some testing with the 2 hole pistons again, and he seems to like them. I run them when the grip is very high, because it seems to make the car more consistent. The 3 hole pistons tend to make the car very reactive initially, but they can make the car feel odd when the grip is very very high unless used in combination with very thick oil.

This is just what I have found though. Id say it's worth a try for yourself as well. It really depends on how much static grip the track has. That can influence the results drastically.

-Korey
I have tested both the 2 hole and the 3 hole pistons and I think the result is consistent with your findings. The effect is quite subtle so I wasn't 100% sure.

By the way, in your reedy setup, you used 100% rebound. What would the effect be on the track, between 100% vs say 2 mm rebound?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
I have tested both the 2 hole and the 3 hole pistons and I think the result is consistent with your findings. The effect is quite subtle so I wasn't 100% sure.

By the way, in your reedy setup, you used 100% rebound. What would the effect be on the track, between 100% vs say 2 mm rebound?
Some people use rebound as a tuning option. For bumpier tracks more rebound works better and on smoother tracks less rebound. Although, my personal feeling is that there are so much static weight on these cars that rebound has very little affect. I have run 100% down to 0% and the difference in my hands in pretty minor. The key is that they are all the same. I have standardized on 75% rebound and I like the way it feels.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone using SMC 5200 40C lipo packs with your Cyclone TC? Can you show some photos of the weight and fitting solution for this lipo pack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.