Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Whats a good size 48 pitch spur to get that will make good rollouts for 27 turn stock brushed (30mm - 35mm) and keep the motor in the midle of the mount so as i can go up or down pinions?

i have a 65 tooth spur but its way too small, i cant even get a 27t or 28t pinion to slide to mesh the spur, which is what i would need to get the right rollout.

i have heaps of pinions in 48 pitch, but just one spur at the moment.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Whats a good size 48 pitch spur to get that will make good rollouts for 27 turn stock brushed (30mm - 35mm) and keep the motor in the midle of the mount so as i can go up or down pinions?

i have a 65 tooth spur but its way too small, i cant even get a 27t or 28t pinion to slide to mesh the spur, which is what i would need to get the right rollout.

i have heaps of pinions in 48 pitch, but just one spur at the moment.
try 72
Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good Question Losi!

I'm wondering the same thing as you. I only have a 96 tooth 64 pitch spur gear for mine.

I heard you could use a 81 tooth spur but I don't know what pinion gear to use.

I would also like to know which MFG spur gears fit?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

With an 81tooth spur the maximum rollout you can get is around 33mm maybe 34 so dont get that.....
Old 06-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys i just finished building my cyclone.. i do have a few questions though, how tight do you make your ball diffs? i set mine so that i can't turn the gear while holding the axles, however now that the car's done i can hold on to the wheels and turn the gear without too much force.. i assume its slipping too much? How tight should it be? and whats the easiest way to tighten it? another thing is how do you change the toe setting? finally i'm running it with a gtb with a spektrum pro reciever and i'm having a hell of a time fitting things on the chassis, i ended up stacking the receiver on the servo.. i assume thats a bad thing.. any suggestions? sorry for noob questions.. thanks!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
try 72
Originally Posted by mangoman
With an 81tooth spur the maximum rollout you can get is around 33mm maybe 34 so dont get that.....

Thanks guys
Old 06-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Who makes those purple screws?
http://www.fastener-express.com/inde...S&Category=218

the fastener-express ones match pretty well....
Old 06-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mangoman- i posted for you about 3 pages back that NEXUS had the bumpers in stock, you just have to look inthe right place http://nexusracing.net/product_info....8c5bb3a62697de , here
Old 06-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by karlo511
http://www.fastener-express.com/inde...S&Category=218

the fastener-express ones match pretty well....
Karlo, thats a good find, they are really cheap, think I'm about to get some, that way shipping should be a little less than from HK.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dorick
Hey guys i just finished building my cyclone.. i do have a few questions though, how tight do you make your ball diffs? i set mine so that i can't turn the gear while holding the axles, however now that the car's done i can hold on to the wheels and turn the gear without too much force.. i assume its slipping too much? How tight should it be? and whats the easiest way to tighten it? another thing is how do you change the toe setting? finally i'm running it with a gtb with a spektrum pro reciever and i'm having a hell of a time fitting things on the chassis, i ended up stacking the receiver on the servo.. i assume thats a bad thing.. any suggestions? sorry for noob questions.. thanks!
needs to be tighter im shure, if u run it, punch it and if u hear squeeling then there too loose

toe is just done by the turnbuckles, use the lil tool it comes with and tunr it till there where u want them

and thats fine, ppl do that with there cars for room! another thing u can do u crack off one of the servo ears and put some double sided tape on it and screw the one side thats faceing the bumper in, then u can get that much more room... or shoo goo it, or strong double sided tape the whole servo on..
Old 06-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

and guys

i want to try out a oneway... i LOVE lots and lots of steering, and my spool just doesnt get me there, i have done EVERYTHING there is, i can put down not bad lap times (like .8 above the expert times) but would like to try out the one way, i mean i have it already rom the kit, mite as well

so i put in the center oneway pulley and front and i go out side it just spins out no matter what! i can get off the gas EVER so slightly where its hardly slowing down and spins out

so now i know u have to change the set up, i think theres to much wieght transfer to the front? causing it to spin

what would u change to run a ow front, and center, insted of a spool
Old 06-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well going out side and running it on the drive way it 10 time different then at a track. so if you usually run at a track and then just test it outside on a different surface they your going to get very different results.

to take away some steering gained from the oneway you can add a thicker sway bar in the front. change the roll center of the front. change springs. change pivot blocks. there are 100 things you can do

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
and guys

i want to try out a oneway... i LOVE lots and lots of steering, and my spool just doesnt get me there, i have done EVERYTHING there is, i can put down not bad lap times (like .8 above the expert times) but would like to try out the one way, i mean i have it already rom the kit, mite as well

so i put in the center oneway pulley and front and i go out side it just spins out no matter what! i can get off the gas EVER so slightly where its hardly slowing down and spins out

so now i know u have to change the set up, i think theres to much wieght transfer to the front? causing it to spin

what would u change to run a ow front, and center, insted of a spool
Old 06-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default diffs

Just got my Cyclone to the track for the first time. I'm very happy with it so far. Took very little to get it the way I wanted and seemed to be as fast as anything I have driven. Plus I didn't break anything which was an expensive problem with my Xray. Since I'm a pretty decent driver it's good to know again that I can go to the track without breaking something.

Now I have a question about diffs. Tower has a Differential Cup Joint Set for $30. Or you can get the Alum ones for $22. The complete diff is $38. Why in the world are the plastic diffs so expensive? Also is there a difference between the regular cyclone plastic diff and the cyclone s? The cyclone s parts are like $7 and they look the same...
Old 06-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porschejim911
Just got my Cyclone to the track for the first time. I'm very happy with it so far. Took very little to get it the way I wanted and seemed to be as fast as anything I have driven. Plus I didn't break anything which was an expensive problem with my Xray. Since I'm a pretty decent driver it's good to know again that I can go to the track without breaking something.

Now I have a question about diffs. Tower has a Differential Cup Joint Set for $30. Or you can get the Alum ones for $22. The complete diff is $38. Why in the world are the plastic diffs so expensive? Also is there a difference between the regular cyclone plastic diff and the cyclone s? The cyclone s parts are like $7 and they look the same...
The Cyclone diff if delrin. The CycloneS is molded plastic. The S diffs are more likely to break than the Delrin. Delrin cost more as a material to start with.

Blacked out Revo, it probably is not that the car needs a oneway for more steering and for you to be as fast as the fast guys. If you are not getting the steering from a spool then you are, 1 over diving the car. Or 2 the setup is wrong.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fjm9898
well going out side and running it on the drive way it 10 time different then at a track. so if you usually run at a track and then just test it outside on a different surface they your going to get very different results.

to take away some steering gained from the oneway you can add a thicker sway bar in the front. change the roll center of the front. change springs. change pivot blocks. there are 100 things you can do
it did the same at the track the first time i tried, i got mad and put the spool back in to drive... now i wanta truely try

but ok, i will have to try some things out

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.