Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That bumper looks horrible. The parma T2 bumper fits too with a tiny bit of reaming the holes, I used them on both my cyclones.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geetoo
Have you seen this? Its made by Top.

Light Weight Competition EVA Bumpers (Black)

or HYBRID
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-hy-ho-143.jpg  
Old 02-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Direct Center Pulley - Belt Alignment?

i'm trying out the direct center pulley arrangement (i.e. direct center layshaft, 2 direct pulleys, spur gear and spur gear holder).

but it seems to me that the front spool pulley and the front center pulley are not fully aligned with each other, so if i look at the chassis from the top, the belt seems kinda "slanted". similarly with the rear spool pulley and the rear center pulley - the belt seems "slanted".

is this a concern? i think i have the shaft in the correct orientation and the 2 direct pulleys adjusted into their best positions along the shaft.

any help is appreciated .
Old 02-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Initiate

hey guys
i was thinking about getting a cyclone s is this a good car or not?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidewaysdriver6
i'm trying out the direct center pulley arrangement (i.e. direct center layshaft, 2 direct pulleys, spur gear and spur gear holder).

but it seems to me that the front spool pulley and the front center pulley are not fully aligned with each other, so if i look at the chassis from the top, the belt seems kinda "slanted". similarly with the rear spool pulley and the rear center pulley - the belt seems "slanted".

is this a concern? i think i have the shaft in the correct orientation and the 2 direct pulleys adjusted into their best positions along the shaft.

any help is appreciated .
a pic would help rectify your problem, as the saying goes a picture speaks a thousand words
Old 02-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BrainTeased
a pic would help rectify your problem, as the saying goes a picture speaks a thousand words
oh i figured out the problem after doing further searching the cyclone user manual has the pic of the center pulley system the wrong way round, once i flip the shaft left-side right and add a couple of spacers on one side (b/w one of the direct pulleys and the neighbouring bearing), it's ok now.

thx anyway !
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 AM
lee
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys
The cyclone S is a very good car for the money. But if it was me I would go to Stormer Hobbies and get the standard Cyclone for $199.99.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben_smits
hey guys
yes best choice !
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

To all cyclone owners

I recently purchased a black version cyclone from Stormer and raced it and loved it. I am thinking of buying another one. I have the WCE edition on order at Tower. But I am thinking about just getting another black version since it is on sale. For those of you who have both the WCE and the black version, do you see any major performance differences between the two cars? I like the WCE for its bling but do you think the bling will contribute to significant performance improvements? I can imagine that certain parts on the WCE may be more sturdy. However, I can save money on buying the black version if the performance is on par with WCE. Do you think the parts on WCE will yield lower lap time compared to the black version? Please give suggestions.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

I can't comment too much on this as I'm still running the original black Cyclone, but I would imagine aside from the shock towers (which give extra tuning options), the driveshafts which apparently give different handling characteristics, and the new spool, there's not a great deal which will affect the performance/durability too much.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I own a cyclone S, Surikarn edition and a WCE. I dont think the extra stuff in the kit make a differance unless your a top pro.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

the mip driveshafts are miles better than the std ones or steel ones but the rest of the hop ups dont really make a difference unless your Andy moore.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What's better about the MIP driveshafts? Are they just more durable?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking WC Edition Parts

Any one know where to get WC edition parts? Stormer has a few but most are on order, Speedtechrc.com has only about 2-3 items in stock...where can I get the MIP CVD's? The new diff screw and diff nut?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Any one know where to get WC edition parts? Stormer has a few but most are on order, Speedtechrc.com has only about 2-3 items in stock...where can I get the MIP CVD's? The new diff screw and diff nut?

I was able to get all my WCE parts from Champs in Japan. for about the same price if you were able to get them here in the states...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.