Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

EU SUBARU IMPREZA TYPE B

Designed and developed by Team Hot Bodies touring car racers, this is the latest HB bodyshell designed specifically for pro-level racers!

The Subaru Impreza Type B replicates the endurance and touring car racing STI variant that competes in pro and semi-pro on-road racing around the world. The sleek lines of the HB Type B bodyshell provide immense downforce, straight-line stability and cornering levels that approach pin-point accuracy.
Ultimate Racing Performance
This body was designed, tested and proven on the race track. HB designers and team drivers did extensive testing using several different body shapes and aerodynamic variations. The result of the testing is the 'Type B', which outperformend other versions in steering response and stability.

High Performance Aerodynamic Features
The Type B body looks great, but it's not just about looks! The scoop on the hood and the spoiler on the rear window gave the body more stability during track testing. The smooth front bumper features a large splitter for high downforce and maximum efficiency. Flat side panels provide consistent stability on the track, and the door areas are reinforced to reduce deflection at high speeds. Extra-large wing mount areas transfer all the downforce from the wing to the rear suspension for increased traction.

Direct Fit for the Cyclone TC
Body post marks make it easy to fit the Type B to the Cyclone TC touring car, and calibrated wheel centre marks allow you to easily match the wheel openings to the wheelbase of your chassis. Extended mounting lines allow you to accurately move the body forward or backward on the chassis to fine-tune the handling of your car.

Officially Licensed
This bodyshell isn't just based on the world-famouse Subaru Impreza, it's an officially licensed product!

Top racers will notice the measurable difference in car feedback when using this bodyshell, and every touring car driver will love the dramatic increase in traction over older designs. With highly improved aero balance, you're practically guaranteed lower lap times on the track!

Racers of all skill levels on any type of track surface will really appreciate the attention to detail and performance, as well as the availability of a new, cool bodyshell to use!

Max Performance Hint: boost performance by reducing the gap between the front foam bumper and the inside of the bodyshell.
I really, really want this body!!

who knows any store do make a pre-order? hehehe

Last edited by Coldn; 07-15-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by Coldn

Ok, if you are really interested about this body!
Neither these 2 bodies which announced in twice months ago are selling in somewhere:

09X

Type B-C

...and much more!

Maybe they have trouble in the factory or just selling some kinds in determined countries?
In case these kinds are appearing just in the EU site.
Somebody tell us when could we buy HB bodies, please?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

+1
Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, I bought my son (Alex) a Cyclone S kit and we have been slowly upgrading and fine tuning. We finally are getting some pretty good lap times and he is competitive on track. Now he wants to switch to the carbon fiber chassis for the Cyclone S (p/n HB70728), has anybody been down this road ? is it a good change or should we stick to the plastic chassis ?

Thanks, Phil A.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
Any idea where I can get the low friction white belts for the Cyclone TC as Team Bomber used to sell them, but for the WCE version only, as the TC have 18 teeth pullys they need to be longer, any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 07-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Neither these 2 bodies which announced in twice months ago are selling in somewhere:

09X

Type B-C

...and much more!

Maybe they have trouble in the factory or just selling some kinds in determined countries?
The new Subaru actually works extremely well. It handles like a cross between a Protoform Mazda 6 and a Mazdaspeed 6. It's a tick smoother than a Mazdaspeed, so it works well in a variety of conditions. It should be readily available very soon.

-Korey
Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Guys
Any idea where I can get the low friction white belts for the Cyclone TC as Team Bomber used to sell them, but for the WCE version only, as the TC have 18 teeth pullys they need to be longer, any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Malc TCCFM

-Korey
Old 07-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Hey guys, I bought my son (Alex) a Cyclone S kit and we have been slowly upgrading and fine tuning. We finally are getting some pretty good lap times and he is competitive on track. Now he wants to switch to the carbon fiber chassis for the Cyclone S (p/n HB70728), has anybody been down this road ? is it a good change or should we stick to the plastic chassis ?

Thanks, Phil A.
Hi Phil, It's Hiro.
I'm glad your son Alex has bee doing well with the car! I knew he is a great driver so not big surprise.

As for the main chassis upgrade from the tub chassis to the graphite chassis, I think it would be a good change to try. Actually the tub chassis works extremely well especially on low bite, but it's a bit heavier and keeps the motor a little bit hotter due to the less air flow.

I believe that the part number #HB70728 is the part number for older main chassis and it's already discontinued. The new part number for the new refined chassis is #67702.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
I hope i will see you at race tracks in socal (Yes, now we have choices!)

Thanks
-Hiro
Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

This body has been released already and you should be able to find (or place order to your LHS) it very soon. The part number for this body is #61738 HB Subaru Impreza Type-B Body (190mm)

Originally Posted by mac853

09X

Type B-C

...and much more!

We HotBodies USA don't carry those bodies as they are available only in EU market. However, we do carry all the body line ups that is sold under "HotBodies" brand such as our new touring car racing body "Subaru Impreza Type-B". There will be more bodies coming....

Originally Posted by EJ20
+1
Hi EJ20, as Korey mentioned earlier, this body will be available very soon at your local hobby shops. (or you can order directly from our web page) Sorry it took kind of long to be available, but now it's finally released.

Thank you.
-Hiro
Old 07-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow

Hi EJ20, as Korey mentioned earlier, this body will be available very soon at your local hobby shops. (or you can order directly from our web page) Sorry it took kind of long to be available, but now it's finally released.

Thank you.
-Hiro

Thank you Hiro, I've been patient on waiting for that too.

Last edited by EJ20; 07-15-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

im selling a Surikarn WCE Cyclone
PM me for details/pics
Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hi Phil, It's Hiro.
I'm glad your son Alex has bee doing well with the car! I knew he is a great driver so not big surprise.

As for the main chassis upgrade from the tub chassis to the graphite chassis, I think it would be a good change to try. Actually the tub chassis works extremely well especially on low bite, but it's a bit heavier and keeps the motor a little bit hotter due to the less air flow.

I believe that the part number #HB70728 is the part number for older main chassis and it's already discontinued. The new part number for the new refined chassis is #67702.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
I hope i will see you at race tracks in socal (Yes, now we have choices!)

Thanks
-Hiro
Hiro,
Thanks for all the info and look forward to seeing you soon. Look for a PM from me.

Phil A.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

I just snagged a Cyclone off eBay. This thread has been like an encyclopedia of information.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by We Are Ninja
I just snagged a Cyclone off eBay. This thread has been like an encyclopedia of information.
I hope you didn't read every page from the start!!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Hot Bodies would be up the the Cyclone 4 by the time I got through this whole thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.