Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
So is hobby town in Melbourne still operational? That would make east, west and central Florida running VTA...
PJ I will keep promoting this class and it's rules till it's a class at every
Track in Florida USVTA needed to get out of the parking lots
And into some full time series and real rc tracks and races to grow

As far as HOBBYTOWN . ROB is on summer break I will see him this
Sunday at Kissimmee and beat him to a pulp to get the new race dates
And find out about the parking lot being sealed up to fill in the pot holes lol
I miss driving 8 min from home to race

When are you going to race again
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think you can find a few TC3's around for next to nothing and if that gets you racing, then do it.

However, the TC3 is a discontinued car and while many of the parts are compatible with the TC4, I would say just get a TC4. You can pick them up used and they still manufacture the car new, which means parts can be found all over the place.

I like the steering design on the tc4 better and the tub chassis is almost indestructible! Great car to start with, and competitive too! It is shaft driven so it will behave a bit different than a belt driven car. My advice is to lock the front diff right way by using glue or something. My best lap times came when I put a spool up front in my car. Our track is small and due to the traffic, we end up doing a lot of point and shoot driving. Having the front spool helped me power out of the turns a lot quicker.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That's a shame that the county that started VTA in Florida isn't hosting any races... parking lot or otherwise.

Evoracer started the program at Space Coast Harley Davidson about 4 years ago when everyone else in Florida was laughing at the rules and changing the motor to 17.5.

Luckily VampyreHunterD comes along when we were at Andretti Thrill Park and takes VTA to Rob at Hobby Town and introduces the rules to the likes of Pete, Abner, Gorman, etc...

You guys take the rules to Kissimee where the rest of Florida (hopefully) realizes what i've know for MANY years: Vintage Trans Am is fun exactly the way the rules are written.

Pete, as i told you in my PM, i'll race again when i can get some decent track time and make my drive worth it. Vero Beach is a black hole for RC cars and it already takes me about 40 minutes to get to Melbourne/Palm Bay. I'm not blessed with the talent to show up at a track and finish in the top half of the field with limited practice.

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
PJ I will keep promoting this class and it's rules till it's a class at every
Track in Florida USVTA needed to get out of the parking lots
And into some full time series and real rc tracks and races to grow

As far as HOBBYTOWN . ROB is on summer break I will see him this
Sunday at Kissimmee and beat him to a pulp to get the new race dates
And find out about the parking lot being sealed up to fill in the pot holes lol
I miss driving 8 min from home to race

When are you going to race again
Old 07-12-2012, 05:51 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
That's a shame that the county that started VTA in Florida isn't hosting any races... parking lot or otherwise.

Evoracer started the program at Space Coast Harley Davidson about 4 years ago when everyone else in Florida was laughing at the rules and changing the motor to 17.5.

Luckily VampyreHunterD comes along when we were at Andretti Thrill Park and takes VTA to Rob at Hobby Town and introduces the rules to the likes of Pete, Abner, Gorman, etc...

You guys take the rules to Kissimee where the rest of Florida (hopefully) realizes what i've know for MANY years: Vintage Trans Am is fun exactly the way the rules are written.

Pete, as i told you in my PM, i'll race again when i can get some decent track time and make my drive worth it. Vero Beach is a black hole for RC cars and it already takes me about 40 minutes to get to Melbourne/Palm Bay. I'm not blessed with the talent to show up at a track and finish in the top half of the field with limited practice.
I know Kissimmee is quite the drive for you but it's worth every minute of the time it takes. It's so fast and flowing - and more importantly, it lends itself to racing that is SO much cleaner than Hobby Town.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys give yourself a pat on the back....

U.S. VTA is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

from WI to Chi-town to Music City to NC to ATL to Bama to FL to TX to Cali to Aussie to everywhere in between....WE HAVE ARRIVED
!!!!

we may argue fuss whine bit@h and moan...but we are here and stronger than ever....THANK YOU
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Front_Proof_2012_A.pdf (30.9 KB, 157 views)
Old 07-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
hey guys give yourself a pat on the back....

U.S. VTA is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

from WI to Chi-town to Music City to NC to ATL to Bama to FL to TX to Cali to Aussie to everywhere in between....WE HAVE ARRIVED
!!!!

we may argue fuss whine bit@h and moan...but we are here and stronger than ever....THANK YOU
GO TEXAS! We are doing our best to get other cities (besides just Dallas) in Texas to start racing VTA. This Saturday a group of 6 VTA racers are driving from Dallas to Houston to showcase our VTA cars. We will show Houston what all the fuss is about in VTA.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

----------->Click HERE to read more about the 2012 Texas Electric On-Road Series
Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I used to argue but the Rules just work and we have so much fun racing I forgot about my thoughts on change

At practice last week I helped a new guy tune his tc3 and got it the same speed as my xray t3, I ran same laps with both

The most important thing is : Just get a car and start running it and having fun and HELP your fellow VTA racers so it is a fun class not a hide my tricks dumb class
Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JayL
I used to argue but the Rules just work and we have so much fun racing I forgot about my thoughts on change

At practice last week I helped a new guy tune his tc3 and got it the same speed as my xray t3, I ran same laps with both

The most important thing is : Just get a car and start running it and having fun and HELP your fellow VTA racers so it is a fun class not a hide my tricks dumb class

THANK YOU 100% on point +1000000000000000000000000000000000000
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is there one best place to look for photos of "Period correct" cars? I'm sure I can find one myself, I just thought maybe one of y'all could point out the best one. Thinkin' i'm gonna order up a couple of bodies and the paint for them.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catfish12c
Is there one best place to look for photos of "Period correct" cars? I'm sure I can find one myself, I just thought maybe one of y'all could point out the best one. Thinkin' i'm gonna order up a couple of bodies and the paint for them.

If you're after the real thing (most images are clickable for a full size image).....

http://www.trans-amseries.com/Cars.html

To see what other guys have done for their VTA rides....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...sion-only.html
Old 07-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At the track I race at in Kansas, VTA has the most participation and TC 17.5 Spec is next. I'm still learning but it sure is fun!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

hhhheeeelllll)pppp!! suffering from ye old brain fart....weight for vta car is 1540grams or 1550? thanks fellow racers...
Old 07-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

1550 brotha
Old 07-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
1550 brotha
Thanks much !
Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
My advice is to lock the front diff right way by using glue or something. My best lap times came when I put a spool up front in my car. Our track is small and due to the traffic, we end up doing a lot of point and shoot driving. Having the front spool helped me power out of the turns a lot quicker.
I wonder if anyone has ever tried a Yokomo spool in the front of a TC3or4. It just looks like it will fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.