Search

The one and only Car X vs Car Y thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
You also forgot:

Schumacher mi4 - Christ grainger wins uk title 2 times in a row with this car (ahead of andy Moore, Elliot harper, etc)
Yokomo bd5 (volker wins wherever he goes with this)
Hot bodies tcx (andy Moore finishes top 5 in all the major events)
Now also the awsomeatix (laptev now winning ets stock rounds)

The above shows, in the rights hands, any car can win!!
Best doesn't necessarily mean fastest, there are plenty of other factors that matter to people who do crash and who don't get their cars and parts for free.

Zaraz makes a good point, lots of people have tried lots of chassis, maybe people can write down what they've tried and a short 1 sentence description of pros and cons, and maybe a favourite.

For me (in Australia):
TRF416/416X: Awesome car, worked everywhere, parts a little hard to source and bit little fragile, didn't wear overly well. Probably my favourite car (never sold them)

Xray t3 2011: Solid car, cheap to run very durable and broke almost nothing the whole time I ran it, parts were everywhere. Didn't find it's setup window as wide as the tamiya and sometimes I couldn't get it to work, but overall my pick for a punters car

TOP Photon: Similar to the tamiya for wear, parts were easier to find here, similar performance to the xray

Kyosho TF6 (current ride): Expensive, even kyosho don't have parts , good quality and probably the fastest thing I've ever driven, definitely not for everyone
Old 11-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

maybe a test could be made where a "Stig" and a "regular joe" can drive the available cars.. time each car and get some feedback from the drivers...