Wiki Posts
Search

The one and only Car X vs Car Y thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default The one and only Car X vs Car Y thread

Is it just me or has there been an increase in the number of Car X vs Car Y threads lately?

I thought maybe we could start a thread with all the "usual" advice and also direct the newcomers here if they have actual car v car considerations like which is more durable, which has better parts support in wherever, which has the better body clips in the kit, etc...

Assuming this is a good idea, the most common advice would have to be "go to your local track and talk to people, find out what most guys are running, what has the best parts support"

Proceed
Old 11-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Car " Z " for the win !!

I think everyone gets sick of these threads and your idea seems like a practical solution .
Good luck though, as most newbies post without searching at all .......

Besides , whichever car I own at the time , is God's gift to RC and everything else is a piece $hit ......
Old 11-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

You forgot about car D - that one is obviously the best!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Is it just me or has there been an increase in the number of Car X vs Car Y threads lately?

I thought maybe we could start a thread with all the "usual" advice and also direct the newcomers here if they have actual car v car considerations like which is more durable, which has better parts support in wherever, which has the better body clips in the kit, etc...

Assuming this is a good idea, the most common advice would have to be "go to your local track and talk to people, find out what most guys are running, what has the best parts support"

Proceed
Yes, sticky this and delete those threads before they get their first response.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM

Proceed

I had though about doing this a long time ago...
Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullRacing
Besides , whichever car I own at the time , is God's gift to RC and everything else is a piece $hit ......
Hilarious
Old 11-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'll vote for the X.2012
Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

To be serious for a minute,

I would be really interested to know what in generally considered to be the best cheese?

Bb
Old 11-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucketboy

I would be really interested to know what in generally considered to be the best cheese?

Bb
longhorn cheddar
Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Bb
Limburger, head, or fomunda.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I vote for car "m".

if it makes a difference I've just started racing a 10+ year old yokomo in vta. And for it being my second on road race ever I did pretty well. The type of car one buys isn't much of advantage at club level.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bb
can't beat a bit of brie... although blue cheese is good occasionally too (FB reference for those that know me!)
Old 11-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Talking

serpent s411 vs xray t3 2012 thread xray won
xray t3 2012 vs tc6 or 6.1 thread xray won
xray t3 2012 vs 417x thread pretty even
so in general there are only four top racing chassis that everyone really considers, the xray 2012 t3, the serpent s411, tamiya 417x, and tc6.1
from what I have read the tamiya and xray are really expensive, altough the s411 le is the same price but you get tools
so price tc6.1
quality of parts the xray is top
replacement parts price tamiya is cheapest
availability of parts tamiya and tc6
won the most titles tamiya
well this is a summary of what i have gathered so far from the threads, I have ordered a Tamiya 417x, and the new serpent s411 limited edition, will try out these two cars first, then purchase the xray and tc 6.1 and try those two, and in the end have two cars left, basically the winners of the first round , compare the two and end up keeping the one I like the best, I will update this thread as things move along, I will also be giving the cars to a friend and ask him to try them out as well so there is more feedack on the cars.
There are a lot of people on here that have owned and tested several car kits together, if they can as well post their findings that would help others looking for a car kit, and this thread will also help the manufactures to up the game and see why they are falling behind other brands, and can improve the product, so to me this thread is a great idea and a win win for everyone.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zaraz
xray t3 2012 vs tc6 or 6.1 thread xray won
xray t3 2012 vs 417x thread pretty even
so in general there are only four top racing chassis that everyone really considers, the xray 2012 t3, the serpent s411, tamiya 417x, and tc6.1
from what I have read the tamiya and xray are really expensive, altough the s411 le is the same price but you get tools
so price tc6.1
quality of parts the xray is top
replacement parts price tamiya is cheapest
availability of parts tamiya and tc6
won the most titles tamiya
well this is a summary of what i have gathered so far from the threads, I have ordered a Tamiya 417x, and the new serpent s411 limited edition, will try out these two cars first, then purchase the xray and tc 6.1 and try those two, and in the end have two cars left, basically the winners of the first round , compare the two and end up keeping the one I like the best, I will update this thread as things move along, I will also be giving the cars to a friend and ask him to try them out as well so there is more feedack on the cars.
There are a lot of people on here that have owned and tested several car kits together, if they can as well post their findings that would help others looking for a car kit, and this thread will also help the manufactures to up the game and see why they are falling behind other brands, and can improve the product, so to me this thread is a great idea and a win win for everyone.
You also forgot:

Schumacher mi4 - Christ grainger wins uk title 2 times in a row with this car (ahead of andy Moore, Elliot harper, etc)
Yokomo bd5 (volker wins wherever he goes with this)
Hot bodies tcx (andy Moore finishes top 5 in all the major events)
Now also the awsomeatix (laptev now winning ets stock rounds)

The above shows, in the rights hands, any car can win!!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.