Search
Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by voodoo
Hey Mike, we're now in October, have you decided on doing another run of the F1R2 yet? I am itching to get my hands on an F1 chassis kit but will wait if you give a go signal
I think at this point we will aim towards a F1R2.5 type update. Good testing so far but more work to do so I would say late Nov in time for the holidays
Hope you can wait!
Old 10-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Who had a good starting setup for medium to high grip carpet?
Thanks
idbdoug
Old 10-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by voodoo
Hey Mike, we're now in October, have you decided on doing another run of the F1R2 yet? I am itching to get my hands on an F1 chassis kit but will wait if you give a go signal
They are actually available at Asiatees.com It's where I just bought mine. Great price and came quickly. (edit: wow maybe I got their last???)

Hey Mike - was there a reason you didn't include a rear wing mount with the Kit? I ended up buying the Tuninghaus one for adjustability and realized it won't fit without modification on the rear wings... Durrrr...

Just felt like it was something that should be included in the kit to me. Other than that - I've really enjoyed working on this car so far
Old 10-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iandouglass
They are actually available at Asiatees.com It's where I just bought mine. Great price and came quickly. (edit: wow maybe I got their last???)

Hey Mike - was there a reason you didn't include a rear wing mount with the Kit? I ended up buying the Tuninghaus one for adjustability and realized it won't fit without modification on the rear wings... Durrrr...

Just felt like it was something that should be included in the kit to me. Other than that - I've really enjoyed working on this car so far
I have the tuning haus mount on mines and wings mount right up. What did you have to modify?
Old 10-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iandouglass

Hi,
To include them would then raise the price of the kits. You don't want to do that when a lot of people already have a similar part. If you need it you buy it, if you don't need it you don't
Old 10-16-2015, 02:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeR
I think at this point we will aim towards a F1R2.5 type update. Good testing so far but more work to do so I would say late Nov in time for the holidays
Hope you can wait!
That is good news. I've been looking for a new F1 car to replace my very out dated F103 but I'll wait now. I'll check your website later in November, but hope you post an update here on RCTECH about the release date.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
That is good news. I've been looking for a new F1 car to replace my very out dated F103 but I'll wait now. I'll check your website later in November, but hope you post an update here on RCTECH about the release date.
Sure will post here when I have any more release info and photos thanks!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I realize we've moved on to the F1R2 and above versions, but I recently traded for an F1R and in its 2nd race, it won the A-main at my local club. Against my nemesis in a very fast Xray X1.

I have been running an F104V2 w/ some success, and it didn't take long for the F1R to move to the top of my 'favorite' list. I like how it hooks up off the corners a little better than my F104V2.

There's still some life left in it!

Mark
Old 10-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So, driving my car today i noticed a few things. Current fast car is the newest f102 car. Im a second off pacecar rotates and has a ton of turn in compared to rear stability. Pod droop is 1.5mm, ride height is 4mm. Front ifs is silver springs, thick tube lube. Down one hole from the top on the inner shock mount. Center spring is tamiya neon orange/red. Ass black side aprings. Damper tubes are crc 20k. Diff is loose. Gearing is 88/22, just swapped a 31 pinion on. Car always was run at 40/88, but everyone today is around a 4.0 fdr.

Applying throttle car would spin a bit but even after traction and tires warmed up, coming out of corners it sounds like its spinning or picking up an inner tire. Car just doesnt have drive out of the corner it seems. What is a good setup for thr f1r2 with ifs on med/high grip carpet?
Old 10-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38
So, driving my car today i noticed a few things. Current fast car is the newest f102 car. Im a second off pacecar rotates and has a ton of turn in compared to rear stability. Pod droop is 1.5mm, ride height is 4mm. Front ifs is silver springs, thick tube lube. Down one hole from the top on the inner shock mount. Center spring is tamiya neon orange/red. Ass black side aprings. Damper tubes are crc 20k. Diff is loose. Gearing is 88/22, just swapped a 31 pinion on. Car always was run at 40/88, but everyone today is around a 4.0 fdr.

Applying throttle car would spin a bit but even after traction and tires warmed up, coming out of corners it sounds like its spinning or picking up an inner tire. Car just doesnt have drive out of the corner it seems. What is a good setup for thr f1r2 with ifs on med/high grip carpet?
Your setup sounds pretty close to what I run. But one main difference i read was that your diff is loose. I run a pretty tight diff on carpet to get better drive off of the corner. I think that would solve a lot of the issue. You can also play with your side spring compression. Compressing the springs will numb the car and make it rotate less. But I would definitely try tightening the diff down

Aaron
Old 10-25-2015, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

I suppose i should say, spins freely, but difficult to twist the spur if you hold both wheels-would that be considered tight? (Its been some time since i ran a pan car).

Compressing sidesprings-you suggesting i run them down with the adjuster to get them to "preload"? Keep them blacks?
Old 10-25-2015, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

I even widened the whole car just to get it a bit more planted, that helped a bit. Im trying te front shocks stood up more to take away some of that initial responsive steering and try to help deaden the front end. Might help with the rear feeling more planted
Old 10-25-2015, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Is your battery back? Mine is forward, esc and rx behind closer to motor
Old 10-25-2015, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38

also try short wheelbase, this will give you better power on traction and car will rotate better
idbdoug
Old 10-25-2015, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

If by short wheelbase you are talking the adjustment in the bulkheads on the rear pod, then yes im already short.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.