Wiki Posts
Search

SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by jumbo360
Yea I heard motor spray works but I heard from a friend that some people use lighter fluid on there foams to take out the compound so it would work as if it were brand new, never tried it though.
Jumbo, just realize you are Jon's brother, he's a cool guy.

I've cleaned my tires religiously now after every run since I got the spanker. But definitely have not wiped down my front tires as good as my rear. I spend the same amount of time wiping rear and as to the front....maybe I'll pay more attention to wiping the fronts now.

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparkyboyo
I cracked my 50 lap thresh hold by two laps and missed a 53 by 0.23 or summut.

Jacko
Jack, you were the fastest over the weekend as I've ever seen you, so good running mate! Now, you just need to get a Spanker next year so you can be faster! I didn't go 100% out on all 3 of my qualifers, to save tires, save car.... so I believe 55 laps is definitely not out of the question, unfortunately next time we go down, it'll be a brand new layout, so we'll never find out.

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Hey don theres a slapmaster kit right cause if there is how much is it?just wondering for next year you know.

thanks,
Justin
Old 03-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Dom,
When my gets bad twitchy at the begining of a run I have found that if I scrub the tires on the track it helps a lot. Just wipe your tires normally in the pits then when you put the car on the track srub the fronts in the groove on the track, it has helped me in the past lately I have not been doing it because I'm lacking the steering I want. BTW you are going to have to watchout for Tom at regionals, he was turning the fast laps but was making errors, give him some more time he will be a threat.

Chad
Old 03-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Hey don theres a slapmaster kit right cause if there is how much is it?just wondering for next year you know.

thanks,
Justin
It is only a conversion, for $175. there is no kit availalbe. So you'll need your own parts.

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ChadK
Dom,
When my gets bad twitchy at the begining of a run I have found that if I scrub the tires on the track it helps a lot. Just wipe your tires normally in the pits then when you put the car on the track srub the fronts in the groove on the track, it has helped me in the past lately I have not been doing it because I'm lacking the steering I want. BTW you are going to have to watchout for Tom at regionals, he was turning the fast laps but was making errors, give him some more time he will be a threat.

Chad
I'll try that.

yeah, no doubt Tom was fast.... on a TQ run only his 2nd race. Honestly, if I need to rate myself against Tom, I believe he is a better driver than I am. He got tangled up in the first couple of laps then just diced with Wes too much, if they would have worked together and not touched each other so much, I would have expected those 2 right up with me and Ellis in the main.

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone put the slapper on asphalt yet? is it worth scrathing up that pretty tube chassis?

Chris.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to make a batch of my carbon/Carbon damper tubes and send a set to Brian to see what he thinks of them. The only issue I really have is that I use a standard size associated ball cup on the piston side for my adjustable sprung versions. This allows me to have the longest possible damped length (about 1/2" more than speedmerchant/bolink tubes). To be honest I like the standard size better as they are better quality and it is easier to find aluminum or titanium ball studs. I've been using them in my spanker for a while now to good effect. Any input you could give me Brian would be appreciated.

Chris.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Closest thing to a kit!

I know this will sound insane, but I do one car that is nearly complete that I would sell for $350. It would need a fresh set of rear bearings, rr body posts, and it has a stock Asc shock. It has a brand new IRS large ring diff with my thrust kit installed. No body, no tires. It was my promo car used for Snowbirds. It has never been on the track. I can take a picture of it if anyone is serious. I know that it is expensive, but everything was purchased at retial.

Brian; [email protected]

Chris: I would be more then happy to take a look at your latest creation. Keep in mind that my track day are very numbered for the winter.

Although I have to say, that I am doing "lots" of research right now for any future refinement!!! All of the recent brainstorming right here on rctech is not going unnoticed. In an effect, everyone is helping design this car. Keep it up!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Dom, i was looking at your Slapmaster kit, which by the way is very nice. And noticed you have nice damper tubes. I was wonder where you got those? I want to try them on my Atsushi Hara Hammer 12. Let me know, shoot me a pm if you like

Jon
Old 03-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

I think there Kawada tubes Jon lol
Old 03-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDXray
Hey Dom, i was looking at your Slapmaster kit, which by the way is very nice. And noticed you have nice damper tubes. I was wonder where you got those? I want to try them on my Atsushi Hara Hammer 12. Let me know, shoot me a pm if you like

Jon
The black tubes or the silver tubes?

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

I think there Kawada tubes Jon lol
Dont you give me lip, lol. Maybe they are jumbo.

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
The black tubes or the silver tubes?

Dom
The ones you have in car in your picture. There black and silver.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tubes

2 different types of tubes here. First one is a Bolink tubes which you can't obtain anymore, the other ones are cut-down CRC tubes that you can buy direct from Hyperdrive.

Bolink

CRC tubes

Dom
Old 03-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Tubes

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
2 different types of tubes here. First one is a Bolink tubes which you can't obtain anymore, the other ones are cut-down CRC tubes that you can buy direct from Hyperdrive.

Bolink

CRC tubes

Dom
Sweet pics, thanks ill look into those CRC damper tubes from hyperdrive. Those pics have some CLARITY, very nice camera.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.