Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
It would be interesting to see how it would go if they followed what has been working for UF1.
Tires, chassis etc.
Let's see what the paid pros would do with these things and "our" rules.
How true! I let Mike Pulfer and Ian drive my FGXs, two of the better 12th scale drivers in the country, and that was a blast. Then I tuned them some more, gave them back and watched those two go faster. All to USF1 rules mind you. It was very close to one of them "I want one of those" moments.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Agreed!! Go with what your local track or club allows and don't worry about iic or roar; they have no idea how to regulate the F1 class anyway, they just screw it up with their narrow minded archaic regulations!
I don't want to start a major argument, but I don't know if I would put ROAR and the IIC in the same category. Scotty has been promoting races for a long time and he has spent the better part of the last 2 years traveling to races around the world, so I feel like he has his finger on the pulse of the sport. Not sure why they outlawed the FGX for the IIC, but from what I heard, they also outlawed the multi adjustment front ends as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
How true! I let Mike Pulfer and Ian drive my FGXs, two of the better 12th scale drivers in the country, and that was a blast. Then I tuned them some more, gave them back and watched those two go faster. All to USF1 rules mind you. It was very close to one of them "I want one of those" moments.
Hayato Matsukura, couple time World Champ, ran "his" FGX with us at the last Speedtech Grand Race here at the Tamiya track a few weeks ago. Kept laughing and saying "junk".
He may have needed more than a couple minutes with it cuz when he drove Lightfoots gig the week before he was on fire and that's what inspired him to go get one and throw it down.
He did however DESTROY the heavy hitters in the Open Mod TC class that same day. vids were posted pertaining to that event but not F1.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

This is not directed to any sanction or person.

How come a car that is massed produced get outlawed? I have the answer to that. Total ownage and politics.

XYZ car is better, let's ban it. ABC motor has more power, it's outlawed.

Someone is in bed with the hire ups and it's sad.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Not really M4...F1 rules through most of there being an actual F1 class were mostly a direct drive class. Back when F1 first became popular they were all direct drive cars so they took existing rules from 1/10th and 1/12th pan cars and modified them to create a F1 class.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I don't want to start a major argument, but I don't know if I would put ROAR and the IIC in the same category. Scotty has been promoting races for a long time and he has spent the better part of the last 2 years traveling to races around the world, so I feel like he has his finger on the pulse of the sport. Not sure why they outlawed the FGX for the IIC, but from what I heard, they also outlawed the multi adjustment front ends as well.
So does the "multi adjustment" front ends include the Exotek adjustable front end that they make for either the F104 or the FGX? If so, how stupid can they be, and just what is their reasoning I may ask?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M4 Racing
This is not directed to any sanction or person.

How come a car that is massed produced get outlawed? I have the answer to that. Total ownage and politics.

XYZ car is better, let's ban it. ABC motor has more power, it's outlawed.

Someone is in bed with the hire ups and it's sad.
there might be a couple of reasons:

one is a gear box car, the other is direct drive...

one is IRS, the other is straight axle...

widths are different...

the class at IIC is straight axle, thats the way they want the class.
personally it doesnt matter to me either way, i run both cars...
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

fgx build starts in ernest this week .. hope to have mine out for testing first weekend in august .. happy to be a vegas outlaw.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i just want to know when the new car is coming.. i want one.. outlaw or not it, looks cool (proper) and should be fun..
Old 07-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
i just want to know when the new car is coming.. i want one.. outlaw or not it, looks cool (proper) and should be fun..
there's a new FGX? forgive me but i'm still on my first rc car .. ever .. which is an fgx.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Just my opinion, maybe organizers want to keep F1 simple. Otherwise it might get too complicated and be just like a touring car but without the front wheel drivetrain.

Then that would be a turn off to people who want f1 due to simplicity.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The fear that F1 will become what touring cars became, super trick of the week high dollar technical works of art is a reason I've heard from someone I consider an insider.
Apparently, if the cost of a chassis becomes double what it is now (i.e. Touring Cars) the class will die?
Is it in full swing now or still an exhibition and extra class?

I even like what was mentioned by racer robert, run em all, on rubber, now that the Modern cars are fast with the available rubber. I'd also like to see the Vintage fat tire cars running too.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
So does the "multi adjustment" front ends include the Exotek adjustable front end that they make for either the F104 or the FGX? If so, how stupid can they be, and just what is their reasoning I may ask?
Yes that would be the one, and I don't know why it was outlawed for the race.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
The fear that F1 will become what touring cars became, super trick of the week high dollar technical works of art is a reason I've heard from someone I consider an insider.
Apparently, if the cost of a chassis becomes double what it is now (i.e. Touring Cars) the class will die?
Is it in full swing now or still an exhibition and extra class?

I even like what was mentioned by racer robert, run em all, on rubber, now that the Modern cars are fast with the available rubber. I'd also like to see the Vintage fat tire cars running too.
IMO the more conversion kits that come to market will take the class the way of the TC. I am working to make these conversion kits to the masses through my online store, because I want to offer anything F1 that a customer could want. In saying that I don't want to be hypocritical. There are some awesome products on the market from around the world, and most are not outrageously expensive.The problem I see is that the rules came after the chassis were already brought to market, so everyone has their own concept of what an F1 should be. So you have all of these different chassis, and then you try to run them all in one class, and there is always going to be one that has an edge. On road in general is in trouble, and while I know there is resurgence of F1 all over, if its not handled carefully , it will die again.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

The FGX is not even 1/10 scale. That is a problem.

Club race it usually is allowed but it does have a big size difference to an F104.

For a true 1/10 scale F1 race like IIC, it will fail in the maximum width of 180mm.

Sakura should have made it 1/10. But then the typical battery will not fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.