Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
btw Pooky

we still have some Xtra metric tools if your thinkin about......well you know....
After all those years of running Losi and Associated I still have hopes you two will come back to the good side!!!! Besides.....I'm way better looking than the BigDog so pulling for B-Main Motorsports should be a sinch!!!!

Brant
Old 06-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Sheldon's Hobbies in San Jose, CA had four of them when I was there on Thursday.
JRX-S BILL:
The ones Sheldons had a week ago only had 1 hub not 2 that were required for assembly.... EVERYONE I LOOKED AT!!!!!! Hobbytown USA San Jose has the one-way in stock.

Any ETA on the battery tray ???????????
Old 06-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wikedgmc
JRX-S BILL:
The ones Sheldons had a week ago only had 1 hub not 2 that were required for assembly.... EVERYONE I LOOKED AT!!!!!! Hobbytown USA San Jose has the one-way in stock.

Any ETA on the battery tray ???????????
Yep, I noticed that too. Earlier today, I sent Todd's email address to Brandon to straighten that out.

Sheldon's does have the separate packages of JRX-S one-way hubs to cure the issue for any buyers that want one now though.

I got mine in a couple days after reporting to Todd.

Bill
Old 06-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well I had a so/so day. Car was perfect. Very fast, took no effort to drive. First heat 2 seconds off track record. Second heat broke a rear arm and done for the day. I stocked up on everything but rear arms. Go figure.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Pooky,

Don't worry bro.....I still feel much love for you. I mean hell, you might be the fastest JRXS in the states right now! For you to be able to win races with it....WOW! Just think how bad you'd be spanking Biggie smalls with an XRAY.

Good luck to both of you though, sounds like everyone is as competitive as ever. Might just have to sneak up on you 2 one of these Sundays....It'll be nice to get the new car out..........

Jason Wilkey
Old 06-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys.....I am putting the kit diffs together and have a question. Do you use black grease on the thrust bearing assembly. It obviously comes oiled but I have always used black grease on thrust assemblys. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think you want to use the Synthetic Grease ( Brown ), That's what I have been using with great results.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jason Wilkey
Pooky,

Don't worry bro.....I still feel much love for you. I mean hell, you might be the fastest JRXS in the states right now! For you to be able to win races with it....WOW! Just think how bad you'd be spanking Biggie smalls with an XRAY.

Good luck to both of you though, sounds like everyone is as competitive as ever. Might just have to sneak up on you 2 one of these Sundays....It'll be nice to get the new car out..........

Jason Wilkey
Joo funny man!!!! I hope you guys can make it over soon and take your JRXS butt whoopin like the rest!! The Ray may be bright BUT....The JRXS is BLINDING!!!!! LOL

Brant
Old 06-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default pookyt

Here goes my ride, dumped some can paint on it real quick today. My Ride
Old 06-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow Rubber on Asphalt

All right. Are there any tricks to this car to get this to work with rubber tires on asphalt? Without using a oneway. Need some more turn in.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

What springs do yall recommend having on hand for asphault?
Old 06-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Downforce
All right. Are there any tricks to this car to get this to work with rubber tires on asphalt? Without using a oneway. Need some more turn in.
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
what springs do yall recomend having on hand for asphault?
to answer both of your questions, the car works very good on asphalt with the box stock setup(use the center one-way for more steering), but if you want a killer setup check out the setup that JRXS-BILL posted from 4 fun raceway in hesperia, ca. its the setup that most of the losi factory guys are running and i am also using it and it works great but you have to get the "BK" brackets for it to work correctly. for the brackets contact pookyt. this setup allows you to carry soooo much more speed through corners than any other setup i've tried and you'll be stuck like glue. Trust me you'll love it. hope this helps.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Cool deal. Ive had pooky bars for awhile now, just havent put them on yet. I was just wondering on springs cause im about to make an order from horizon
Old 06-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Cool deal. Ive had pooky bars for awhile now, just havent put them on yet. I was just wondering on springs cause im about to make an order from horizon
And if you already have the "pooky bars", just getting the optional 10.5# springs for the rear and 40/35 wt shock oils will get you close.

Bill
Old 06-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Biz_Nessman
to answer both of your questions, the car works very good on asphalt with the box stock setup(use the center one-way for more steering), but if you want a killer setup check out the setup that JRXS-BILL posted from 4 fun raceway in hesperia, ca. its the setup that most of the losi factory guys are running and i am also using it and it works great but you have to get the "BK" brackets for it to work correctly. for the brackets contact pookyt. this setup allows you to carry soooo much more speed through corners than any other setup i've tried and you'll be stuck like glue. Trust me you'll love it. hope this helps.
I just wanted to say that I have tried Todd's setup and it works absolutely brillantly!!! I am amazed how well the car performs on rubbers (both on asphalt and contrete).

The only changes that I would like to make are to increase on power steering which Todd has suggested using 2 degree castor blocks. I am yet to try it, as the weekend's race meet got rained out

But my question to Todd and any other people out there, is that in the manual, it says to increase on power steering, use more caster!!! I am not doubting or questioning you Todd, I just want to be able to understand how it actually works (as I am not the brightest spark driving a JRXS)

Leonard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.