R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2005, 12:03 PM   #6106
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdoc
btw Pooky

we still have some Xtra metric tools if your thinkin about......well you know....
After all those years of running Losi and Associated I still have hopes you two will come back to the good side!!!! Besides.....I'm way better looking than the BigDog so pulling for B-Main Motorsports should be a sinch!!!!

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:43 PM   #6107
Tech Elite
 
wikedgmc's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,239
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to wikedgmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Sheldon's Hobbies in San Jose, CA had four of them when I was there on Thursday.
JRX-S BILL:
The ones Sheldons had a week ago only had 1 hub not 2 that were required for assembly.... EVERYONE I LOOKED AT!!!!!! Hobbytown USA San Jose has the one-way in stock.

Any ETA on the battery tray ???????????
__________________
Powered by HobbyTown San Jose
wikedgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #6108
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikedgmc
JRX-S BILL:
The ones Sheldons had a week ago only had 1 hub not 2 that were required for assembly.... EVERYONE I LOOKED AT!!!!!! Hobbytown USA San Jose has the one-way in stock.

Any ETA on the battery tray ???????????
Yep, I noticed that too. Earlier today, I sent Todd's email address to Brandon to straighten that out.

Sheldon's does have the separate packages of JRX-S one-way hubs to cure the issue for any buyers that want one now though.

I got mine in a couple days after reporting to Todd.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:34 PM   #6109
Tech Elite
 
DavidAlford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,151
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford
Default

Well I had a so/so day. Car was perfect. Very fast, took no effort to drive. First heat 2 seconds off track record. Second heat broke a rear arm and done for the day. I stocked up on everything but rear arms. Go figure.
__________________
Hot Bodies/HPI | Jconcepts | Viper RC | Xpert | Sippel Speed Shop | Lawton RC Raceway | SXT
DavidAlford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:43 PM   #6110
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Batesville, AR
Posts: 5
Default

Pooky,

Don't worry bro.....I still feel much love for you. I mean hell, you might be the fastest JRXS in the states right now! For you to be able to win races with it....WOW! Just think how bad you'd be spanking Biggie smalls with an XRAY.

Good luck to both of you though, sounds like everyone is as competitive as ever. Might just have to sneak up on you 2 one of these Sundays....It'll be nice to get the new car out..........

Jason Wilkey
Jason Wilkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:15 PM   #6111
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 485
Default

guys.....I am putting the kit diffs together and have a question. Do you use black grease on the thrust bearing assembly. It obviously comes oiled but I have always used black grease on thrust assemblys. Thanks in advance for your help.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:48 PM   #6112
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lake Havasu City, Az.
Posts: 941
Default

I think you want to use the Synthetic Grease ( Brown ), That's what I have been using with great results.
__________________
-TLR-Spektrum-Horizon Hobby-AKA-Orion
Scott Welte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #6113
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Wilkey
Pooky,

Don't worry bro.....I still feel much love for you. I mean hell, you might be the fastest JRXS in the states right now! For you to be able to win races with it....WOW! Just think how bad you'd be spanking Biggie smalls with an XRAY.

Good luck to both of you though, sounds like everyone is as competitive as ever. Might just have to sneak up on you 2 one of these Sundays....It'll be nice to get the new car out..........

Jason Wilkey
Joo funny man!!!! I hope you guys can make it over soon and take your JRXS butt whoopin like the rest!! The Ray may be bright BUT....The JRXS is BLINDING!!!!! LOL

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #6114
Tech Elite
 
BillyCaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell
Default pookyt

Here goes my ride, dumped some can paint on it real quick today. My Ride
__________________
Maclin | VP-Pro USA
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:53 PM   #6115
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 248
Arrow Rubber on Asphalt

All right. Are there any tricks to this car to get this to work with rubber tires on asphalt? Without using a oneway. Need some more turn in.
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #6116
Tech Elite
 
BillyCaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell
Default

What springs do yall recommend having on hand for asphault?
__________________
Maclin | VP-Pro USA
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:43 PM   #6117
Tech Apprentice
 
Biz_Nessman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North Highlands, CA.
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downforce
All right. Are there any tricks to this car to get this to work with rubber tires on asphalt? Without using a oneway. Need some more turn in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
what springs do yall recomend having on hand for asphault?
to answer both of your questions, the car works very good on asphalt with the box stock setup(use the center one-way for more steering), but if you want a killer setup check out the setup that JRXS-BILL posted from 4 fun raceway in hesperia, ca. its the setup that most of the losi factory guys are running and i am also using it and it works great but you have to get the "BK" brackets for it to work correctly. for the brackets contact pookyt. this setup allows you to carry soooo much more speed through corners than any other setup i've tried and you'll be stuck like glue. Trust me you'll love it. hope this helps.
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:04 PM   #6118
Tech Elite
 
BillyCaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell
Default

Cool deal. Ive had pooky bars for awhile now, just havent put them on yet. I was just wondering on springs cause im about to make an order from horizon
__________________
Maclin | VP-Pro USA
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:54 PM   #6119
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Cool deal. Ive had pooky bars for awhile now, just havent put them on yet. I was just wondering on springs cause im about to make an order from horizon
And if you already have the "pooky bars", just getting the optional 10.5# springs for the rear and 40/35 wt shock oils will get you close.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 08:01 PM   #6120
Tech Master
 
DirtyDog3375's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Queenslander
Posts: 1,918
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz_Nessman
to answer both of your questions, the car works very good on asphalt with the box stock setup(use the center one-way for more steering), but if you want a killer setup check out the setup that JRXS-BILL posted from 4 fun raceway in hesperia, ca. its the setup that most of the losi factory guys are running and i am also using it and it works great but you have to get the "BK" brackets for it to work correctly. for the brackets contact pookyt. this setup allows you to carry soooo much more speed through corners than any other setup i've tried and you'll be stuck like glue. Trust me you'll love it. hope this helps.
I just wanted to say that I have tried Todd's setup and it works absolutely brillantly!!! I am amazed how well the car performs on rubbers (both on asphalt and contrete).

The only changes that I would like to make are to increase on power steering which Todd has suggested using 2 degree castor blocks. I am yet to try it, as the weekend's race meet got rained out

But my question to Todd and any other people out there, is that in the manual, it says to increase on power steering, use more caster!!! I am not doubting or questioning you Todd, I just want to be able to understand how it actually works (as I am not the brightest spark driving a JRXS)

Leonard.
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Fast XXXS Australia For Sale/Trade 6 11-19-2007 03:34 PM
F-S Team losi JRXS as new mcskoda Australia For Sale/Trade 6 10-31-2006 02:15 AM
FS:Team Losi JRXS BiggAlz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 03-25-2006 05:47 PM
Team Losi JRXS FS JRXSBear R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-19-2006 03:57 PM
Team Losi JRXS Jon Carlson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-18-2006 08:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net