Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/detail/...-susp-full.jpg
Take a close look at this picture. In between the two bolts which hold the shock tower to the bulkhead, you will see another hole. I'd be guessing to say that hole is the same size as the two which the bolts are currently in. This would seem like another pattern to raise the shock tower. This raised arrangement only has one bolt on each side holding the tower to the bulkhead! Wonder if that's stiff enough. IIRC, none of the cars I held at the 'birds were using the raised shock tower.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default US Pro's and the JRXS

you know, I really don't understand the negativity on this thread about information on the new Losi sedan coming out....

I made a trip from vegas to run at So-Cal this past saturday and LOSI drivers Billy Easton & Tyree Phillips were BOTH very informative on their cars as well as their individual "takes" on the testing that they are doing on the sedan.

All good things take "time".....Patience guys, trust me it'll be woth it!!!!

oh yeah, by the way, I saw Tyree running "tagged" buy unpainted 35lb shock springs (all around) on his JRXS last saturday and his car was on "rails" (prepared "high" traction indoor asphalt track)

the wait will be worth it!!!! I'm switching from AE to Losi because the car is that bad ass!!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Sounds like the JRXS will have...

aluminum LCVDs. Any pics of the aluminum ones yet?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: US Pro's and the JRXS

Originally posted by ghoppa
you know, I really don't understand the negativity on this thread about information on the new Losi sedan coming out....

I made a trip from vegas to run at So-Cal this past saturday and LOSI drivers Billy Easton & Tyree Phillips were BOTH very informative on their cars as well as their individual "takes" on the testing that they are doing on the sedan.

All good things take "time".....Patience guys, trust me it'll be woth it!!!!
Case in point: Ghoppa got some first hand info on the JRXS...Ghoppa is a happy camper.

No doubt this car will be worth the wait. Take as long as is needed Losi, but throw us a bone now and then, K. <---(Not negative good ol American whining)
Old 02-21-2005, 06:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

In the shock tower picture, it looks like the bulkhead is pinned to the shock tower, making 2 screws strong enough.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: US Pro's and the JRXS

Originally posted by RodneyB
Case in point: Ghoppa got some first hand info on the JRXS...Ghoppa is a happy camper.
Same here! Me = Happy
Old 02-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Greg Sharpe: yeah, thats pretty much what I was thinking. I don't worry too much about the towers only using two screws. The Schumacher's I ran back in the day only had ONE screw and two molded pins to hold the tower in place.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Ghoppa, you drove all the way out from Vegas? Wow, long trip. Makes me happy I live in Anaheim The JRX-S did great Saturday. Steve Weiss had the best time the first qualifier (great race... The Law kinda hacked the other guy, but meh, it was pretty funny), Tyree had the best time the second qualifier, and I didn't stay for the main. Easton had some bad luck (his JRX-S was on rails, but whenever he'd get within passing space of the guy in front of him, at least in the first round, he'd roll in the chicane coming off the straight.... 4 times in a row in the same round of qualifiying).
I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a JRX-S, especially moreso that I put my xxx-s up for sale last week, and today not only did I get an offer, the guy must have misread my price and offered me $50 above what I had stated, and also today, after trying to sell an old stadium truck for a year and a half, I finally got a buyer that isn't trying to lowball me. JRX-S coming out soon (hopefully) and buyers for two cars in one day, what more could I want. I'm on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Regional Moderator

And I don't understand why simply asking for info is considered negative?!? So I guess we've both got stuff we don't understand.

Not everyone can make a trip to a track where we can talk to the team guys in person.(Must be cool though...) So the internet becomes the only information source for most people.

So the question then becomes, if the they are so informative in person, why not put Losi's website to use and share some of that good stuff!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by RodneyB
No doubt this car will be worth the wait....but throw us a bone now and then....
Man, its like your reading my mind.....

....or one of my many...many...many post saying the same thing!!!

Good to know I'm not the only "negative" person around...
Old 02-21-2005, 08:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Todd drops in here from time to time, just ask him your Q's when he's active in the thread. Or just tell me what you guys want me to ask the Losi guys, I'll be at SoCal tomorrow and propably Sat.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Darkseid
And I don't understand why simply asking for info is considered negative?!? So I guess we've both got stuff we don't understand.

Not everyone can make a trip to a track where we can talk to the team guys in person.(Must be cool though...) So the internet becomes the only information source for most people.

So the question then becomes, if the they are so informative in person, why not put Losi's website to use and share some of that good stuff!
my apologies, maybe "negative" was too strong of a word to use.....

I too am very excited to get the car in my on hands, but I had to go all the way down to So-Cal (4 1/2 hr drive, thank you) to get a "hit" of satisfaction "because" of the lack of info on the "net", anyways, no hard feelings, but to inform the "peep's" to have yet see the car with their own 2 eyez, wait it'll be worth it!!!! (as I quote myself again in one night!)

it's a great piece of engineering woth waiting for......
Old 02-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: US Pro's and the JRXS

my apologies, maybe "negative" was too strong of a word to use.....

I too am very excited to get the car in my on hands, but I had to go all the way down to So-Cal (4 1/2 hr drive, thank you) to get a "hit" of satisfaction "because" of the lack of info on the "net", anyways, no hard feelings, but to inform the "peep's" to have yet see the car with their own 2 eyez, wait it'll be worth it!!!! (as I quote myself again in one night!)

it's a great piece of engineering woth waiting for......
woth=worth.........ooppss
Old 02-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I saw Tyree running "tagged" buy unpainted 35lb shock springs (all around) on his JRXS
These are the JRXS springs. Say good bye to colored springs and hello to black oxide with tags/labels indicating rate.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Info RPage!!!!!! I think we have gotten more tid bits here today than we ahve in the past month!!!! Keep it up guys.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.