Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Some strange points there.

1) most cars have different shock lengths front to rear, why is it a problem?

2) what size dirt do you mean? small dusty dirt gets into all diffs apart from maybe the losi. larger stones can be stopped by the sheilds, although I think running without the sheild will be better as the stones would be shot out as soon as they get near the gears.

3) gears don't have to be modified to run smooth, but a small amount of work can make them run exceptionaly smooth instead of just smooth

4) cvd's not being straight is a common feature, it's a compramise between straight cvd's and high diffs, raising the center of gravity, or lower diffs but slightly angled cvd's.

5) all woven graphite chassis edges should be sanded and glued, they dont have to be but it helps the chassis last longer. The effort is worth it to have a much nicer looking chassis than a plastic tub

6) you don't have to use alex racing springs, an awful lot of people use HPI springs on all sorts of cars

7) the batteries can't be much closer to the shaft, you got to give a small amount of room for battery bars or even a wire between the middle cells.

8) what philips screws? the R2 uses 2.5mm hex head screws. Even better is that they are metric, none of that american failure to realise the rest of the world stopped using imperial measurements decades ago.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: motor mount

Originally posted by dynoman007
i have heard rumors that the guy who is making the spools for the cudas is also fixing to have a 1 piece shaft holder motor mount that incorporates a eccentric motor holder similar to the tc3 ummmmmmm stay tuned i may have a pic of it real soon lol
Looks to be nice...will there be an option for the New R2.?

I would tell the "Spool man" to look into this
-Dave
Old 03-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Leon
Dave,

I think Tsubasa Sakai is the owner of Control Centre. I'm not 100% sure though.

-Leon

Nope Tsubasa...just helps the Owner

-Dave
Old 03-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Default Here you go

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
JDM: Sorry for my bad memory.
Do you have any pic showing the position around the arm holder and the motor mount??

Hi T.S.

Here is a Pic but You'll see when you look at it .. ..try to go between the Dogbone and the A-arm... also it's best to go on the outside of the rear shock to get to the Hex bolt with the Hudy driver
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-pal-one-flag.jpg  
Old 03-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Wink One more Pic

Last shot T.S.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-pal-back.jpg  
Old 03-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

More nice pics, one thing I've never seen though is it going around a track prefferably infront of some other cars like Losi's
Old 03-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

More nice pics, one thing I've never seen though is it going around a track prefferably infront of some other cars like Losi's
hhahaah easy task here in Japan
-Dave
Old 03-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TC3
there are a few things i dont like on the cuda:
1. diffrent shock length front and rear..
2. dirt can get into the gears.
3. the gears have to be modified to run smooth.
4. the cvds are not straight from the diff to the hubs (do u know what i mean?)
5.the cassie edges has to be trimmed.
6.the springs are not colored.
7.the battery should be closer to the shaft

i hope i wont find more things like that..

Here's my take on it.

1) No big deal
2) True but I don't race off road
3) Not nessisary..but if you want optimum performance it's a good idea
4) Nor' are half of the TC's that are out today.. Look at the EvoIII or 414M.
5)The Chassis needs to be trimmed?
6)...not a big problem....buy HPI ones or Yokomo springs
7)On the R1 yes it does need to be closer..by about 4mm... But on the New R2 they fixed that problem good luck trying to get it any closer withou having to Raise the Shaft

My 2 Yen'

-Dave
Old 03-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Red face Your Joking right

Originally posted by TC3
and phillips screws
Ummm Ok... .

Only half of the screws are.. ....but this car is allready under weight as it is ....you could change out the Phillips screws for Torque's Type or Hex type for less that 5$

-Dave
Old 03-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Yes but this is better

Originally posted by Herminator
Thats it, keep on pimping

-Dave
Old 03-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

LMAO!
Old 03-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Talking I thought you would like it

Originally posted by Herminator
LMAO!

I know ..... I know

-Dave
Old 03-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi TC3,

Let me provide some answers to your questions

Originally posted by TC3
there are a few things i dont like on the cuda:
1. diffrent shock length front and rear..
2. dirt can get into the gears.
3. the gears have to be modified to run smooth.
4. the cvds are not straight from the diff to the hubs (do u know what i mean?)
5.the cassie edges has to be trimmed.
6.the springs are not colored.
7.the battery should be closer to the shaft

i hope i wont find more things like that..
1. Different shocks length front and rear, but the shock shafts are the same length I believe, only the shock bodies are different length, and on all my TCs...I've yet to replace shock bodies, so I don't think it's a huge concern.
2. Dirt theortically can get in the gears (obviously, since it is not sealed 100%) but so far, it hasn't been a problem, because really the opening is so small that only dust might get in there and you can easily blast them out with air
3. the car is actually very smooth out of the box, but for the ultimate smoothness, you might have to shimm it differently, and if you want to go further, sand it down a little. The whole process took me around 10 minutes for front and rear. Another good thing is the gears on the R2 are really durable, so you rarely have to replace them. Guys that runs TC3 do a lot more to get their car to free up (for example, dremeling bulkheads) and they still don't come close to the R2 in free spinning.
4. I think the CVDs are at a slight angle (I have to check again, I didn't notice it the first time) but if anything, it is minimal. And CVDs are designed to be smooth at all angle (that's the whole point behind CVDs) so even if it is at an angle, I don't think you'll have much problem with wear and acceleration. The biggest damage that happens to CVDs are usually from people hitting the boards (I should know )
5. I'm not sure what you mean by this one, but the chassis on my R2 are in excellent finish, some of the best graphite I've seen in all my years in this hobby. And of course, with any chassis you should do the sanding/CA procedure, it's a must to prolong the life of any chassis.
6. This I have to check out, I haven't receive the springs yet
7. The batteries on the R2 can not get any closer to the center shaft. Any closer then they would rub.

Guys, I think most of you know me from this message board and you all know my personality some whate. I'm not trying to advertise the car because we are the distributor for the car, but just trying to clear up some issues To be honest with you guys, the very first time I saw the Barracuda way back last year, the first thing that came to my mind was how do I get this car into my shop. Rarely, I find a car that I believe in so much in the R/C industry (I think it shows ) And the Alex Racing philosophy matches with my personal philosophy, and that is to build the best possible race car with no compromise to the design and the materials used.

For those of you that pre-ordered the car, thank you, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the performance and the built quality of the car. And just a note, we are down to maybe just 3-4 cars before the shipment even arrives. So if you're still thinking about it....time is running out!

Thanks for reading guys,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedTech

Guys, I think most of you know me from this message board and you all know my personality some whate. I'm not trying to advertise the car because we are the distributor for the car, but just trying to clear up some issues To be honest with you guys, the very first time I saw the Barracuda way back last year, the first thing that came to my mind was how do I get this car into my shop. Rarely, I find a car that I believe in so much in the R/C industry (I think it shows ) And the Alex Racing philosophy matches with my personal philosophy, and that is to build the best possible race car with no compromise to the design and the materials used.

Thanks for reading guys,

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Now you all have Steve's take on this car....

An you all know what I think about this car

-Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: One more Pic

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Last shot T.S.
JDM: Thanks for your pic.Now I know how tidy it is and how to treat it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.