Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default SCROLL??

Originally posted by Evoracer
Glad you're OK Big Dave . Lets hope for better day's ahead.

Bigd....the R1 is shaft drive. if you scroll through some of the pages in this thead..you'll get to know all about it. Any particular questions...just ask!! As you can tell...these folks don't mind talking about their cars!!
I HAVE DONE SO AND HAVE GOT(TO FIND THE TIME)TO DO IT AGAIN.THX FOR THE REMINDER...SERIOUSLY...

Old 04-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Help me.......
I'm spending another sleepless night looking at chargers, I'm very temtped to spend the extra on a ProTrak, not sure about importing a charger from the US and then having trouble getting it repaired in the future. Plus the ProTrak is probably the best charger there is other than the stupid price GFX thing. £225 plus money for a better power supply than my current one which is meant to provide 7A but likes to make my super nova false peak when charging above 4.3A. It's a great charger though, plenty of Japanese drivers use them and it had been used by some to win world champ events, even better it's UK made
Anyone know something more powerful than warm milk

I may go for the Pal shaft system then instead of the two alloy shaft holders, my plastic ones seem reasonably true, plus it'd be a pain to get the bearing out of them without dremeling the plastic

BigD the cuda is a great car, it's deffinetly worked for me in the last few weeks, finishing 2nd in the A final can't be bad when all the competition was there and my best in similar circumstances before would be 4th or 5th and driving would of been much more difficult.

Hmm, decisions decisions, buy charger for more but get it in a week and it will be high spec or wait 3 or more weeks to get a good but lower spec charger for about 30% less aslong as I order other stuff at the same time to make postage worth it want a team driver in the UK Steve so I can save more money I'll put a big SpeedTech logo tattoo on my forehead
Old 04-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator

Hmm, decisions decisions, buy charger for more but get it in a week and it will be high spec or wait 3 or more weeks to get a good but lower spec charger for about 30% less aslong as I order other stuff at the same time to make postage worth it want a team driver in the UK Steve so I can save more money I'll put a big SpeedTech logo tattoo on my forehead
I would go for the SpeedTech Tatto & then get the PAL Drive system............ Oh yea the Charger Next

-Dave
Old 04-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default THX HERMIE...NICE RIDE!!

I APPRECIATE IT GUYS.THE DIUDE THAT RAN AT DURHAM WAS GLITCHING HEAVILY WHEN I WAS THERE ON THE6TH OF THIS MONTH(APRIL) SO I HOPE HE GOT THAT TAKEN CARE OF.

Old 04-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: THX HERMIE...NICE RIDE!!

Originally posted by bigd4343
I APPRECIATE IT GUYS.THE DIUDE THAT RAN AT DURHAM WAS GLITCHING HEAVILY WHEN I WAS THERE ON THE6TH OF THIS MONTH(APRIL) SO I HOPE HE GOT THAT TAKEN CARE OF.

Oh you mean Mike.... I think that he has fixed most of his problems ..Well at least I hope so

-Dave
Old 04-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: THX HERMIE...NICE RIDE!!

Originally posted by bigd4343

Big D

Yep, that was me and I think that I have the glitching problem taken care of with a new M8 27 Mhz module and receiver. The good news was that it did not have anything to do with my R2 Barracuda.

I should be down there again in the next couple of weeks to run a few times before the ROAR race there in June.

Thanks again, Mike
Old 04-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So,

now I have a new problem....Did anyone have difficulties with the right side of the rear diff?

My CVD hits the diff screw and won't sit correctly in the outdrive. Something HAS TO BE UP WITH THIS CAR.

I finally got the drivetrain smootha dn aligned, to find out the problem with the CVD hitting the diff screw and not seating in the outdsrive properly. So now I have to take the diff out, and then re-align the drivetrain.

I can't seem to get it right...
Old 04-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kansasracer
So,

now I have a new problem....Did anyone have difficulties with the right side of the rear diff?

My CVD hits the diff screw and won't sit correctly in the outdrive. Something HAS TO BE UP WITH THIS CAR.

I finally got the drivetrain smootha dn aligned, to find out the problem with the CVD hitting the diff screw and not seating in the outdsrive properly. So now I have to take the diff out, and then re-align the drivetrain.

Are you using the correct dogbones on the axles? I believe that there are two lengths of dogbones that come with the car.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

So,

hmmm, is it possible that you have the longer front dogbones installed at the rear ? ? ?
Normally there is about 4mm clearance to the diff adjusting screw from the end of the bone.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:40 AM
Regional Moderator

yeah, I am going to check today. That's what I get when I work on my car after my wife and kid go to bed!!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default r1 to r2

Hey dave what is the best way to convert my R1 to an R2, im planning to convert the cuda that im getting of macky anywayz just quote the major parts, i was thinking of pal parts anyway let me know...thankx mate
Old 04-17-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

yeah, I am going to check today. That's what I get when I work on my car after my wife and kid go to bed!!!!
99.9999% you have the wrong dog bone installed
-Dave
Old 04-17-2003, 02:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Well,

Can you believe that i basically took the whole car apart and rebuilt it.

1. Checked the diff assembly to make sure I assembled everything correctly...check

2. Took apart all the dogbones...check

3. All assemblies correct...check

I just shimmed the diff screw before the trust bearing, and it shouldn't effect the diff at all (LMK if I have some flawed thinking here)

Just re-assembled most of the car, going to break in the drive train before I race this weekend..

Disclaimer:

This post should not be mistaken for bashing the 'cuda. I still am a firm believer that this is the next winner at my club, just stating some MINOR problems I am having.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Its a long shot but have you maybe put the diff screw in the wrong side? not actually checked how this would work out but it's worth a try.
I have had one problem with my cuda's diff, it was when I bought a second diff for the front, the hole in one side of the diff halfs was too small for the bearing to sit in, I had to scrape it out carefully to enlarge it, just a small machining tolerance thing.

Dave has posted a couple of times on what you need to convert an R1 to R2, there's not a huge amount, one thing I remember was the bottom chassis but Dave also posted an alternative chassis which may be of interest just the other day.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Kracer: If u want, I could meet u at OP to take a peek at it and bring my R2 so u can see the torque rod setup....let me know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.