Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Is anyone interested in a 3racing aluminum steering rack for the tc4. Its brand new in the package... $15
Old 01-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wcalaker
Yes parts break easily. AE really needs to start making more durable parts, especially for carpet. Maybe offer carpet spec parts or something. Steering arms, blocks and arms break easy compared to other cars.
something has to give or the chassis will...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys,

i want to get back into electric touring cars again. after owning some cheapo cars, i want a high quality car that i can learn to tune properly. i race mainly off-road buggies now, so the set-ups aren't really that important as they are in on-road. i want a car with that has ultimate tuneability and responds to the changes you do to it. plus, since i really don't know what all of the tuning features do on the cars these days, i would like to learn to tune a car and see results. i have an FT NTC3 that i race occasionally, but i don't mess around with the tuning since i don't see much difference when i do something. i was hoping that since e.p. cars are much lighter, they will respond to changes. basically, i want a "learning tool" that, once i learn what certain inputs do, i can race more aggressively and intelligently. don't get me wrong, i am an experienced racer, so i like good quality cars. will the FT TC4 be good for me?

also, is it true that one can learn to tune a car more easily with a spec motor than a mod motor? you know, the car goes slower and you can feel the handling, etc. and not concentrate on speed. do you all agree?
thanks
Old 01-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone have a setup for foam and rubber for a low to mid. traction setup i could get.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default TC4 in USA

Hi Guys.
Just wondering how the FT TC4's are going in the States. What changes are ppl making and what items are ppl replacing straight away to improve the car for a slipery track?

Here in Aust, our importer has just changed, so not many FT TC4's around. Most ppl are going for the X-ray T2's.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Batteries

Hello, I am getting ready for a new season of racing after being out for a while. I would like some advise on the new cells that are available. There are so many batteries out there I am just overwelmed with all the different choices. I will be running a Team TC4. I would like to know what roar approved batteries fit into the tub chassis of the TC4. I know that using thin battery bars will also make a difference. I will be running sportman stock class. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

hey what is the strongest diff to use? i melted the standard one racing in mod class. 13*2 motor and it just gave way. so what is the best to use
Old 01-30-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

is there a non ball diff that i can put in the car, i dont like ball diffs i like change the oil diff's
Old 01-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

aaaahhhhhhhhhhh so many questions but no answers!!!! where are the experts on here!!!! can somebody answer my question?

hey guys,

i want to get back into electric touring cars again. after owning some cheapo cars, i want a high quality car that i can learn to tune properly. i race mainly off-road buggies now, so the set-ups aren't really that important as they are in on-road. i want a car with that has ultimate tuneability and responds to the changes you do to it. plus, since i really don't know what all of the tuning features do on the cars these days, i would like to learn to tune a car and see results. i have an FT NTC3 that i race occasionally, but i don't mess around with the tuning since i don't see much difference when i do something. i was hoping that since e.p. cars are much lighter, they will respond to changes. basically, i want a "learning tool" that, once i learn what certain inputs do, i can race more aggressively and intelligently. don't get me wrong, i am an experienced racer, so i like good quality cars. will the FT TC4 be good for me?

also, is it true that one can learn to tune a car more easily with a spec motor than a mod motor? you know, the car goes slower and you can feel the handling, etc. and not concentrate on speed. do you all agree?
thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
aaaahhhhhhhhhhh so many questions but no answers!!!! where are the experts on here!!!! can somebody answer my question?

hey guys,

thanks
I am far from a Pro. I race Truck MF2. And got tired of waiting around at the track for my class to come up so I got me a little FT TC4, I have spent a ton on it, but I LOVE IT! You dont have to spend money on hop up parts, it comes with EVERYTHING you need. As I type this I did upgrade 1 thing and that was to the new Associated Factory Team VCS2 1/10 Shock Upgrade Kit. It was only $12.99, since Associated Bladder is crap, I thought I would give thes a try, and its the cats a$$. Now I dont have to run other companies shock bladders. I run the Associated . This is one thing they got right.

I run Spektrum/GTX/Stock motor/upgraded bladder. I love it, its a lot of fun. They tried to run a spec class and it sucked. I mean you have to buy all new motors, new batts.. Its not worth it for me, I run stock truck/6 cell so it only made sense for me to run the same for sedan. Our track is too small for Mod, so stock is a ton of fun.

Buy it, you won't look back!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

I am far from a Pro. I race Truck MF2. And got tired of waiting around at the track for my class to come up so I got me a little FT TC4, I have spent a ton on it, but I LOVE IT! You dont have to spend money on hop up parts, it comes with EVERYTHING you need. As I type this I did upgrade 1 thing and that was to the new Associated Factory Team VCS2 1/10 Shock Upgrade Kit. It was only $12.99, since Associated Bladder is crap, I thought I would give thes a try, and its the cats a$$. Now I dont have to run other companies shock bladders. I run the Associated . This is one thing they got right.

I run Spektrum/GTX/Stock motor/upgraded bladder. I love it, its a lot of fun. They tried to run a spec class and it sucked. I mean you have to buy all new motors, new batts.. Its not worth it for me, I run stock truck/6 cell so it only made sense for me to run the same for sedan. Our track is too small for Mod, so stock is a ton of fun.

Buy it, you won't look back!
cool. do you think that the car responds well to any tuning changes? what is so bad about the stock bladders?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

I race the Team Kit, with a few upgrades, and I love it.

But cant say I feel the changes i do as good as i would like to. Havent raced anything alse in a while, but on foams I cant remember racing anything better than the TC4, on rubber I've never got it to work properly.

In my experience racing a mod motor makes the small changes easyer to feel. But its much harder to get right. I start with a 19t, get at good set up there and moce on to 9-10t to the small changes(rearly get that far thoug)...

Answering your cuestion, I think everyone of the top models to day will please forfill your request..
Old 01-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Tire Width

Ran this weekend with 26mm foams instead of 28mm's.Car seemed to be alot freer especially in the corners.Transitions felt alot smoother,without a loss of overall traction.Anyone else tried this?Running the carpet/foam setup with 70wt.front/yellow springs..60wt rear/purple springs.Mario.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
cool. do you think that the car responds well to any tuning changes? What is so bad about the stock bladders?
The stock bladders are sloppy. Even AE admits that, this is why they came out with this new upgrade for them, and offer them for a very fair price. it is night and day difference.

I love the car, it handles like a DREAM. Again I am a foam racer, so I can not help with rubber, but I can not imagine it be that much different if you know what you are doing. It may just take some time to get use to.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lotus1
Ran this weekend with 26mm foams instead of 28mm's.Car seemed to be alot freer especially in the corners.
what color?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.