R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #7831
Tech Master
 
nmt6789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 1,292
Send a message via AIM to nmt6789
Default

Is anyone interested in a 3racing aluminum steering rack for the tc4. Its brand new in the package... $15
nmt6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #7832
Tech Regular
 
tc4kid191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: What is OUR world is coming to??
Posts: 465
Send a message via AIM to tc4kid191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcalaker
Yes parts break easily. AE really needs to start making more durable parts, especially for carpet. Maybe offer carpet spec parts or something. Steering arms, blocks and arms break easy compared to other cars.
something has to give or the chassis will...
tc4kid191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #7833
Tech Elite
 
macnkitty2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 4,915
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

hey guys,

i want to get back into electric touring cars again. after owning some cheapo cars, i want a high quality car that i can learn to tune properly. i race mainly off-road buggies now, so the set-ups aren't really that important as they are in on-road. i want a car with that has ultimate tuneability and responds to the changes you do to it. plus, since i really don't know what all of the tuning features do on the cars these days, i would like to learn to tune a car and see results. i have an FT NTC3 that i race occasionally, but i don't mess around with the tuning since i don't see much difference when i do something. i was hoping that since e.p. cars are much lighter, they will respond to changes. basically, i want a "learning tool" that, once i learn what certain inputs do, i can race more aggressively and intelligently. don't get me wrong, i am an experienced racer, so i like good quality cars. will the FT TC4 be good for me?

also, is it true that one can learn to tune a car more easily with a spec motor than a mod motor? you know, the car goes slower and you can feel the handling, etc. and not concentrate on speed. do you all agree?
thanks
__________________
RC10B4.2
macnkitty2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:15 PM   #7834
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Green Bay WI.
Posts: 249
Send a message via AIM to mush104
Default

does anyone have a setup for foam and rubber for a low to mid. traction setup i could get.
mush104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #7835
Tech Elite
 
Dadaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 2,077
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default TC4 in USA

Hi Guys.
Just wondering how the FT TC4's are going in the States. What changes are ppl making and what items are ppl replacing straight away to improve the car for a slipery track?

Here in Aust, our importer has just changed, so not many FT TC4's around. Most ppl are going for the X-ray T2's.
__________________
Xray XB4 '16
Yokomo Dogfighter YZ-10 870c
Xray T4 '14
Dadaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:03 PM   #7836
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 139
Default Batteries

Hello, I am getting ready for a new season of racing after being out for a while. I would like some advise on the new cells that are available. There are so many batteries out there I am just overwelmed with all the different choices. I will be running a Team TC4. I would like to know what roar approved batteries fit into the tub chassis of the TC4. I know that using thin battery bars will also make a difference. I will be running sportman stock class. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Dayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:43 AM   #7837
Tech Addict
 
bummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: bathurst nsw
Posts: 525
Send a message via MSN to bummy
Default

hey what is the strongest diff to use? i melted the standard one racing in mod class. 13*2 motor and it just gave way. so what is the best to use
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:35 AM   #7838
Tech Addict
 
bummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: bathurst nsw
Posts: 525
Send a message via MSN to bummy
Default

is there a non ball diff that i can put in the car, i dont like ball diffs i like change the oil diff's
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:13 AM   #7839
Tech Elite
 
macnkitty2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 4,915
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

aaaahhhhhhhhhhh so many questions but no answers!!!! where are the experts on here!!!! can somebody answer my question?

hey guys,

i want to get back into electric touring cars again. after owning some cheapo cars, i want a high quality car that i can learn to tune properly. i race mainly off-road buggies now, so the set-ups aren't really that important as they are in on-road. i want a car with that has ultimate tuneability and responds to the changes you do to it. plus, since i really don't know what all of the tuning features do on the cars these days, i would like to learn to tune a car and see results. i have an FT NTC3 that i race occasionally, but i don't mess around with the tuning since i don't see much difference when i do something. i was hoping that since e.p. cars are much lighter, they will respond to changes. basically, i want a "learning tool" that, once i learn what certain inputs do, i can race more aggressively and intelligently. don't get me wrong, i am an experienced racer, so i like good quality cars. will the FT TC4 be good for me?

also, is it true that one can learn to tune a car more easily with a spec motor than a mod motor? you know, the car goes slower and you can feel the handling, etc. and not concentrate on speed. do you all agree?
thanks
__________________
RC10B4.2
macnkitty2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:25 AM   #7840
Tech Regular
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Parents Basement
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
aaaahhhhhhhhhhh so many questions but no answers!!!! where are the experts on here!!!! can somebody answer my question?

hey guys,

i want to get back into electric touring cars again. after owning some cheapo cars, i want a high quality car that i can learn to tune properly. i race mainly off-road buggies now, so the set-ups aren't really that important as they are in on-road. i want a car with that has ultimate tuneability and responds to the changes you do to it. plus, since i really don't know what all of the tuning features do on the cars these days, i would like to learn to tune a car and see results. i have an FT NTC3 that i race occasionally, but i don't mess around with the tuning since i don't see much difference when i do something. i was hoping that since e.p. cars are much lighter, they will respond to changes. basically, i want a "learning tool" that, once i learn what certain inputs do, i can race more aggressively and intelligently. don't get me wrong, i am an experienced racer, so i like good quality cars. will the FT TC4 be good for me?

also, is it true that one can learn to tune a car more easily with a spec motor than a mod motor? you know, the car goes slower and you can feel the handling, etc. and not concentrate on speed. do you all agree?
thanks
I am far from a Pro. I race Truck MF2. And got tired of waiting around at the track for my class to come up so I got me a little FT TC4, I have spent a ton on it, but I LOVE IT! You dont have to spend money on hop up parts, it comes with EVERYTHING you need. As I type this I did upgrade 1 thing and that was to the new Associated Factory Team VCS2 1/10 Shock Upgrade Kit. It was only $12.99, since Associated Bladder is crap, I thought I would give thes a try, and its the cats a$$. Now I dont have to run other companies shock bladders. I run the Associated . This is one thing they got right.

I run Spektrum/GTX/Stock motor/upgraded bladder. I love it, its a lot of fun. They tried to run a spec class and it sucked. I mean you have to buy all new motors, new batts.. Its not worth it for me, I run stock truck/6 cell so it only made sense for me to run the same for sedan. Our track is too small for Mod, so stock is a ton of fun.

Buy it, you won't look back!
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #7841
Tech Elite
 
macnkitty2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 4,915
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
I am far from a Pro. I race Truck MF2. And got tired of waiting around at the track for my class to come up so I got me a little FT TC4, I have spent a ton on it, but I LOVE IT! You dont have to spend money on hop up parts, it comes with EVERYTHING you need. As I type this I did upgrade 1 thing and that was to the new Associated Factory Team VCS2 1/10 Shock Upgrade Kit. It was only $12.99, since Associated Bladder is crap, I thought I would give thes a try, and its the cats a$$. Now I dont have to run other companies shock bladders. I run the Associated . This is one thing they got right.

I run Spektrum/GTX/Stock motor/upgraded bladder. I love it, its a lot of fun. They tried to run a spec class and it sucked. I mean you have to buy all new motors, new batts.. Its not worth it for me, I run stock truck/6 cell so it only made sense for me to run the same for sedan. Our track is too small for Mod, so stock is a ton of fun.

Buy it, you won't look back!
cool. do you think that the car responds well to any tuning changes? what is so bad about the stock bladders?
__________________
RC10B4.2
macnkitty2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:51 AM   #7842
Tech Adept
 
Stusdal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I race the Team Kit, with a few upgrades, and I love it.

But cant say I feel the changes i do as good as i would like to. Havent raced anything alse in a while, but on foams I cant remember racing anything better than the TC4, on rubber I've never got it to work properly.

In my experience racing a mod motor makes the small changes easyer to feel. But its much harder to get right. I start with a 19t, get at good set up there and moce on to 9-10t to the small changes(rearly get that far thoug)...

Answering your cuestion, I think everyone of the top models to day will please forfill your request..
__________________
Serpent || Futaba || Protoform || Orca || GensACE || Sorex ||
*When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win*
Stusdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #7843
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Tire Width

Ran this weekend with 26mm foams instead of 28mm's.Car seemed to be alot freer especially in the corners.Transitions felt alot smoother,without a loss of overall traction.Anyone else tried this?Running the carpet/foam setup with 70wt.front/yellow springs..60wt rear/purple springs.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #7844
Tech Regular
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Parents Basement
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
cool. do you think that the car responds well to any tuning changes? What is so bad about the stock bladders?
The stock bladders are sloppy. Even AE admits that, this is why they came out with this new upgrade for them, and offer them for a very fair price. it is night and day difference.

I love the car, it handles like a DREAM. Again I am a foam racer, so I can not help with rubber, but I can not imagine it be that much different if you know what you are doing. It may just take some time to get use to.
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #7845
Tech Regular
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Parents Basement
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1
Ran this weekend with 26mm foams instead of 28mm's.Car seemed to be alot freer especially in the corners.
what color?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0