Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

there is a corrected manual page for download on associated's website.

Linked here, diff instruction correction.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newera152
I live in hamden CT, and I race at hobby chamber 2nite. there a guy name stan thats from groton that races here to. Thanks for the offer.
I'm STAN which is my middle name. Rcmadness I go by my first Starling
Old 10-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So, then you know who I am!you have been helping me every week I' see you tonite.I'll be there at about 6:30.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I may be a new TC4 owner....but need you guys to help me to choose.
Between TC4 or FT TC4...? Which one to get (not about the money or the options)...? I am planning to run 19T or Mod (brushless) indoor carpet with foams............I heard ppl saying tube TC4 is horrible for those setup, and FT TC4 is the only TC4 that I should get if I want to run foam...

Just want to hear from you guys that is true or not......cause on TC3, it was not the case....the tube is actually not bad. Thanks.........
Old 10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you are deciding between the two I can not think of one reason to get the regular TC4. even if you say the cost is a reason I will say you are wrong, because after you buy all the aluminum blocks and the graphite kit you will be close to the same money as the factory team. Not to mention that the FT car is farrrrrrr superior in quality and performance. This should not be a hard decision. If you cant afford the FT car then chances are you wont be able to afford to race the regular car anyway. Might sound cruel but its the truth. every hard core racer knows that it costs money to race. Get the FT and with practice you will be competitive just about anywhere.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
If you are deciding between the two I can not think of one reason to get the regular TC4. even if you say the cost is a reason I will say you are wrong, because after you buy all the aluminum blocks and the graphite kit you will be close to the same money as the factory team. Not to mention that the FT car is farrrrrrr superior in quality and performance. This should not be a hard decision. If you cant afford the FT car then chances are you wont be able to afford to race the regular car anyway. Might sound cruel but its the truth. every hard core racer knows that it costs money to race. Get the FT and with practice you will be competitive just about anywhere.
I am sorry that I misleaded you....what I meant was I don't really care about regular TC4 is $130 cheaper with less options then FT TC4.....I just want to see should I get the TC4 and add a little necessary options or simply just go for FT TC4...thats it.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Rookie:
Step 1: Watch Timmy H's car at IRp or Trackside.

Step 2: Buy FTTC4
Old 10-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Rookie:
Step 1: Watch Timmy H's car at IRp or Trackside.

Step 2: Buy FTTC4
Wow....the famouse Hollywood KING...................well, good luck at TS this sunday, may be I have to be friend with Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy...afterall. thanks. (you still running JRXS..?)

P.S....I don't appreciated your new sag...........LOL.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
I am sorry that I misleaded you....what I meant was I don't really care about regular TC4 is $130 cheaper with less options then FT TC4.....I just want to see should I get the TC4 and add a little necessary options or simply just go for FT TC4...thats it.
As Bob said, the FT TC4 comes with some many valuable upgrades, that even without the carbon fiber chassis, it is already worth the price difference. For example, if you are going to run 19T, don't even think about using the plastic outdrives that come with the Team TC4. The upgrade to the steel outdrives is almost $50 by itself. Then add in all the lighter graphite/carbon parts, the anti-roll bars, the titanium turn buckles, aluminium clamping hex drives and arm mounts and you have way more than the price difference between the FT and Team models. If you have the money, there is no question that the FT is the way to go.

In addition, I have a Team TC4 and I am not very happy with the handling on asphalt. I have tried various tuning options a bit and can't get it to turn in well at all. I have read that the FT handles far better. By contrast, my not yet tuned Losi JRXS handles far better than the Team TC4.

Ira
Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have my team tc4 working pretty well on carpet/foam.

Where I lack speed is in the middle of the corner, the chassis flexs a little too much making me lose grip. Other than that, I am pretty happy with it, although I will end up springing for the ft later in the winter. Have to get the re-released xx-4 first.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I'll third that, I've had a TC3(raced it for over 5 years), then got a Team TC4(the tub chassis) & now have the FT car, & there is no comparison, the FT car works SO much better when you put any real power in it. I could get some good laps from my tub TC4 with a stock motor, but anything more than that & my car would be horribly unbalanced(would push in sweepers & swap ends in tight infield turns when trying to put down the power), but as soon as I tried it with the FT car, it actually felt better & better the more power I bolted in(the box setup was a bit too aggressive for my tastes with a stock, but it's easy enough to correct with some tweaking, & with more power, it got more stable & predictable, actually got EASIER to drive for me). There's no doubt in my opinion, DEFINITELY go for the FT TC4, you will NOT regret it....
Old 10-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

P.S....I don't appreciated your new sag...........LOL.

Howard, you are the greatest poster ever on Rctech. My sig is a homage to your greatness.

I am still running the Jrxs for now
Old 10-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is this just a milled out fttc4 upper deck or has someone already released a version minus the extensions for the stand-offs....

pic taken during the paved on-road nats .....

http://www.speedlinehobbies.com/Imag...s/DSCN0009.JPG
Old 10-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Robo, that was Barry's car. He said it was just something he was trying for rubber tires outside. Basically just cut the ears off from what I understand.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

I may be a new TC4 owner....but need you guys to help me to choose.
Between TC4 or FT TC4...? Which one to get (not about the money or the options)...? I am planning to run 19T or Mod (brushless) indoor carpet with foams............I heard ppl saying tube TC4 is horrible for those setup, and FT TC4 is the only TC4 that I should get if I want to run foam...

Just want to hear from you guys that is true or not......cause on TC3, it was not the case....the tube is actually not bad. Thanks.........
That's easy FT TC4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.