Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:39 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If your TC4 is built stock from the book what degree caster will it have? I was looking at my buddies TC4 and directions and it looks like the caster blocks are zero (what the book shows) and the way the arms are shimmed per the directions are +2 kick up so I think it is 2 degrees total caster.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by axel
anyone hear anything about a conversion kit yet for the FT TC4?
I won't buy another AE chassis. I already have one chassis that I don't use I'm definitly not going to buy another one for the same car. When I found out they did that to the FT I wanted to throw that TC4 in the trash. Another shady move by AE is the FT B4. All their drivers use the plastic tub. Why is not included with the kit? So they can sell an overpriced plastic tub. Don't you guys get sick of AE milking your wallet? That TC4 is the last kit I will ever buy from AE. There are too many cars out there that perform just as well without all the BS.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Neil
I won't buy another AE chassis. I already have one chassis that I don't use I'm definitly not going to buy another one for the same car. When I found out they did that to the FT I wanted to throw that TC4 in the trash. Another shady move by AE is the FT B4. All their drivers use the plastic tub. Why is not included with the kit? So they can sell an overpriced plastic tub. Don't you guys get sick of AE milking your wallet? That TC4 is the last kit I will ever buy from AE. There are too many cars out there that perform just as well without all the BS.
It was quite clearly stated from the beginning that they were going to release a FT version after they released the initial kit, don't go bagging AE just because you chose to buy a TC4 straight away, at least they don't go releasing a new chassis every 6months like Xray, Tamiya, Yokomo etc.

I was going to buy a conversion kit myself but I have decided to buy a FT, never hurts to have 2 cars one for indoor one for outdoor
Old 06-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

How would you like it if you had one of those luxury performance cars where the manufacturer offered 3 or 4 variants of chassis, top plates, towers, you name it, so you needed to buy the lot to be competitive everywhere.

I don't think AE have ever done that. The TC3 went on for 5 years with little change, and is still competitive. With the TC4 they are offering a flat chassis and a tub chassis. We should be thankful.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnbull
How would you like it if you had one of those luxury performance cars where the manufacturer offered 3 or 4 variants of chassis, top plates, towers, you name it, so you needed to buy the lot to be competitive everywhere.

I don't think AE have ever done that. The TC3 went on for 5 years with little change, and is still competitive. With the TC4 they are offering a flat chassis and a tub chassis. We should be thankful.
Yes best of both worlds. I just bought a brand new in the box TC4 from my local shop for 150 bucks. Now even if I add 200 dollars of stuff to it the car will just then get to the price of other cars and they still need a few option parts.

Tamiya is famous for making kits like that and after you trick it out they bring a hopped up version out. Been doing that for the better part of 15 years so not sure what is new here. The other companies do the car of the week club so in all Associated is almost always the cheapest high end car to run plus parts are easier to get than any other car on the market. What more could you ask for. Maybe Barry Baker racing your car but that isn't going to happen.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Back almost eight years ago, I purchased one of the first TC3 kits over here in Hawaii. I must say that AE is one of the only companies that will stick to one chassis for years and years. All along the way making small refinements to the newer kits without charging any extra for the kits. Sure, they almost always release a Factory Team kit after the initial chassis has been released. However, if you know their history or if you aske them directly, then it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm only aware of the Factory Team RC18T being the only kit they said they wouldn't release, but they did due to the demands of the marketplace. Tamiya, Yokomo, and XRay (HPI in the past)just to name a few changed practically every year. Back in the day, this was a common practice for most manufacturers and still is, today. I think the only non-AE chassis that I can think of that has remained for quite some time is the Tamiya TL-01.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

why are some people bummed there is a FT tc4?!?!? You don't have to buy it if you don't want to, it's just there as an option. Sure maybe it doen't feel as good racing a tub chasis knowing there is a CF version, but atleast you have that choice to be made than just having the tub(which is alread good by itself). i do agree AE is an awesome company, especially here where you can just walk right into any LHS and find that part you want for ur tc4/tc3. I'm might even consider trading my BMI Pro4 or selling it for a FT tc4 or just the team kit. But i love my pro4 too much
Old 06-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just have one thing to say...Serpent! Although I believe they learned their lesson.

Why are people mad that Associated releases a FT version almost a year after the initial release?
Old 06-24-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Brian you wont be dissappointed!! Especially when you talk to Jason. He has a entire line of stuff coming out in the next few months for the car. We are going to West Chester tomorrow if you are up for it.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Since the FT TC4 is said to be at $599 RETAIL, and around $350 USD, why not get the BMI? I think I am, my TC4 is great now, but I think an addition of a stiff Carbon Fiber Chassis would help a bunch on carpet.

Do you guys think there's a disadvantage in getting the BMI rather than the FT TC4?

Old 06-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Paul I think that the BMI car is going to be awesome. Jason already has the chassis kit out but he is releasing a bunch of new stuff in the coming months as well to really push the car's limits. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Paul, I would wait for the FTTC4, I just think that there is a lot more R&D in the AE than the BMI.I m not saying the BMI hasnt been tested and well designed but I would trust a company thats been working longer with engineers and has put a big amount of $$$$ into the FTTC4

Although the BMI looks stiffer it doesnt mean it will work better on carpet, there is many other things to take in account that AE must have worked on

Again, the BMI is certainly very good, this is just my opinion
Old 06-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

I think the best thing you can do is find someone who has had both and get their opinion. Obviously you will have to wait for that. you can also ask all those guys who ran TC3's and got the BMI TC3. Im sure if you ask the Xray guys who have run both they will tell you the same thing. Do the research, make your own opinion. And Tbevofreak, consider trying one. It might make a believer out of you!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Appreciated the comments guys, keep it comming.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

paul tc4 ive been watching your post you said on bmi site that you were getting a bmi tc4?????
i have the carbon tub ae chassis which is a damn good piece of kit!
i was just getting it dailed when i switched to 3 racing shock towers and then i seemed to take a stepbackwards again
then i bought the bmi tc4 and my first race with it wasnt much better than the tub
after much head scratching ,humming and arghing i decided to check the shock position holes on my 3 racing shock towers, after measuring the positioning of the holes on the ae shock towers then the 3 racing ones. i noticed a big difference in the positioning of the holes with the 3 racing ones
which was the result of my car not handling to its best ability
after finding this out ive got the car back on track. im delighted with the bmi tc4
if you prefer the ft tc4 then go and fill ya boots i know im sticking with my bmi
although i will get the ft shock towers as soon as they are out!!
unless something else pops up that is of superior quality
the 3 racing ones are nice 3mm thick carbon but the design of the aluminium bracket could of been alot better to add further stiffness
cheers gaz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.